Seoul Race Park’s biggest race of the year so far comes under orders on Sunday afternoon as the Park Dae Heung trained pair of Namchonuijijon and Myeongmun Gamun head the field for the Group Three Ttukseom Cup.
Horse of the Year in 2008, the eight year old Myeongmun Gamun will be dropping down to seven furlongs for the first time since the corresponding race in 2006 when he finished fifth – his worst ever finish in a career spanning thirty one races so far in which he has never been out of the money. Nevertheless, Myeongmun Gamun’s only outing this year ended in a surprise defeat and he hasn’t raced since January.
Winner of this race in 2008, Namchonuijijon didn’t kick on after last year’s race but opened his 2009 account with a smart win last month. In that race he finished ahead of two of his rivals here, Free Woody and Mighty Runner, the latter suffering his first defeat in five races.
Also going are the “three sevens”; Triple Seven, Lucky Seven and the impressive but untried at this level so far Seven Card, as well as mares Seonju Jangsu and Geumsuni. The race is off at 17:00. See below for a full list of runners, records and riders (Races/1st/2nd/3rd):
Ttukseom Cup (G.III) – Seoul Race Park – 1400M – Apr 12, 2009
1. Highway Star – (71/5/5/9) – Jung Pyeong Soo
2. Myeongmun Gamun – (31/17/3/6) – Cho Kyoung Ho
3. Seonju Jangsu – (40/6/11/3) – Yang Hee Jin
4. Seven Card – (9/5/3/0) – Yoo Seung Wan
5. Mighty Runner – (19/6/3/4) – Kim Hyo Seob
6. Saebyeok Dongja – (34/10/5/2) – Shin Hyoung Cheol
7. Lucky Seven – (21/5/5/1) – Lee Sang Hyuk
8. Free Woody – (17/5/5/3) – Moon Jung Kyun
9. Triple Seven – (15/4/2/4) – Choi Beom Hyun
10. Taebaek Janggun – (25/7/3/0) – Park Tae Jong
11. Namchonuijijon – (20/6/7/3) – Jung Ki Young
12. Geumsuni – (21/6/4/2) – Han Sung Yeol