Five Busan trained horses are entered in the 2008 Korean Derby which takes place at Seoul Race Park on Sunday May 18. Headed by KRA Cup Mile winner Rainmaker, the Busan contingent will be hoping to do better than than the runners from Seoul Race Park did when they travelled down to Busan for the Cup Mile in April where, despite much build-up, the highest placed finisher was Sammuae in a disappointing fifth. We’ll have a full preview of the Korean Derby during next week, but for now, these are the Busan entrants:
1. Rainmaker – (6 races/3 wins/3 seconds) – Never outside the top two finishers and has won his last two, including the KRA Cup Mile.
2. Cheongnyenuigisang – (7/3/0/0) – After an indifferent year as a juvenile, the colt has a 100% record from three races in 2008.
3. Jeolho Chance – (8/4/1/1) – The filly was third in the KRA Cup Mile.
4. Ebony Storm – (10/4/0/3) – A mixed record but won last time out in a KRW 31Million handicap.
5. Namdo Jijon – (7/1/4/0) – The colt finished fourth in the KRA Cup Mile and finished second to Rainmaker in his previous outing.