Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 10 races from 10:35 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens in the opener and while the field is small, it’s competitive. (7) HEY CUPID debuted in a nondescript fashion last October and was then put away. He returned to training in February having been gelded and looked very well when leading every step of the way in a March trial. He can make a winning return here. The main danger is (5) CHEOGANG HYEONMA. In four appearances, he is yet to finish any worse than 5th with his best being a 2nd place over 1300M two starts back. In this small field he will probably be ridden further forward today, and he could make the breakthrough. (8) CLAIR QUEEN has the fastest time among these for the distance and looks to be figuring things out following back-to-back 5th place finishes. First time starter (2) GANGJAUI BIT, who trialled up behind Hey Cupid, and (1) CHOEGANG NICE among others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Hey Cupid (5) Choegang Hyeonma (8) Clair Queen (2) Gangjaui Bit|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
Fillies (and one mare) in this maiden. (4) EUNBIT DOLPUNG has a 4th and a 3rd from two starts so far at this distance and 1300M, the latter time beating a couple of today’s rivals. She draws nicely here, Johan climbs aboard, and she can make it third time lucky. (8) NANGJU YEOGEOL comes in off an improved 3rd place over 1300M on March 26th. She was ridden closer to the pace that day, just as she was in a previous 3rd, and with similar tactics today, she has a chance. (6) COSMO QUEEN has been consistent over her six outings including a 3rd place two starts back when stopping the clock in a faster time than any of the others have managed for the distance, albeit n a wet and fast track. She is at least a place chance. (3) TOUGH YEOJE and (10) TI AMO others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(4) Eunbit Dolpung (8) Nangju Yeogeol (6) Cosmo Queen (3) Tough Yeoje|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
It’s hard to go too far past (4) MIR POINT. After a couple of indifferent runs to start with, he has shown good consistency and has been working towards a win in his latest few. He comes in off a 3rd place at 1200M when he settled midfield and ran on, but in this company, he will almost certainly be ridden on pace and may takes some passing. He has been a beaten favourite before though so if you fancy him to be one again then (8) BADAUI KKUM could be the one. Yet to score in fifteen, he has seven top-five finishes to his name and continues to benefit from a 2kg apprentice claim here. He should be on the speed too and he runs through the line well. (2) WONDERFUL WISHING ran out an improved 2nd over 1400M on March 18th. He draws well and can build on that here. The form drops off after that with (3) SPEAR QUEEN and (5) WONDERFUL DEPUTY perhaps next best.
|Selections||(4) Mir Point (8) Badaui Kkum (2) Wonderful Wishing (3) Spear Queen|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race. (4) ARGO SMILE got his maiden win at start two over 1200M in February when settling midfield and running on. He then ran 2nd on his first try at this class and distance on March 5th behind a winner who has since gone on to place at class 4. An apprentice claim means he carries even less weight today, he draws well, and he has solid claims. (11) BLACK MOTION enters off a 3rd place at 1200M in late February when settling right back and then running on. That effort suggests that the wide draw won’t be a problem and he can be a danger. (10) STRENGTH and (1) ORCHID VALLEY ran 2nd and 3rd respectively when they faced each other at class and distance on March 11th. There is a slight swing in the weights in Orchid Valley’s favour and he also gets the better of the draw, but both can be competitive again. (5) WORLD KING MAN among plenty of others with placing claims.
|Selections||(4) Argo Smile (11) Black Motion (10) Strength (1) Orchid Valley|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) YEONGWON FIGHTER led from gate to wire to win on debut over 1200M on February 11th. He has had ten weeks off since then and he comes up in class here, but he comes into a much better gate and is down in weight. He can make it two for two. (10) JANGSAN SPO was a similarly good winner at class 6 level in February and while he finished back in the pack on his first try at this level on March 18th, the margins weren’t huge, and he can be given another chance here. (7) YONGBI SEOUL has finished 5th in his latest two. Both at this class and distance and both in quick times. He can settle just behind the speed here and can finish off well. (11) JUMONG CHEONHA and (2) BLOOMING STAR others in the frame.
|Selections||(1) Yeongwon Fighter (10) Jangsan Spo (7) Yongbi Seoul (11) Jumong Cheonha|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A very tricky race. (8) BAEDARI WANGJA remains winless but acquitted himself very well when up to this class and distance on March 19th and coming from off the pace and running 3rd in a quick time. He only comes up 1kg for that and today can be his day. (7) DALGEUM comes in having run 2nd in both her latest two including her first try at this class and distance on March 26th when she beat a couple of today’s rivals. She doesn’t benefit from an apprentice claim this time but is still nicely in at the weights and in this company can be on pace and in this a long way. (5) NEW CHEONGPA carries his fair share of weight, but his recent form is reading well with a 2nd and a 3rd from his latest two, most recently at class and distance on March 5th. He’ll be on or close to the pace and can go well. (11) ANOTHER LEVEL and (2) EUNHYE RECORD among others to keep safe.
|Selections||(8) Baedari Wangja (7) Dalgeum (5) New Cheongpa (11) Another Level|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) CUPID WAY was a class and distance winner on March 26th when overcoming the widest gate to lead all the way around. She only comes up 1.5kg in the weights and she draws a much better gate, and a repeat can’t be discounted. (7) WONPYEONG TOWN comes up in class having secured his maiden win at the eleventh time of asking on April 2nd, settling midfield and running on. He comes slightly down in the weights and into a slightly better gate, and he can measure up in this company. (11) POWERFUL SOCKS comes up rapidly in class having won two of his latest three. He comes up in trip and isn’t done any favours by the draw, but he carries a very light weight and shouldn’t be dismissed. (6) MENI ACE and (5) BEST SUN are among others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(3) Cupid Way (7) Wonpyeong Town (11) Powerful Socks (6) Meni Ace|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) POWER VICTORY ran 2nd on debut before getting her maiden win over 1200M on March 25th racing handy all the way around before pulling away to score comfortably. She comes up in class and in distance here, but neither should be a problem and under a light weight, she can make it two in a row. (6) GREEN DRAGON can have a line drawn through her latest when tiring late on having been stepped up to 1800M. Instead, we can go on her February win at class and distance when she made all. She only carries 1.5kg more here than she did that day, she should be on pace, and she has every chance of returning to winning ways. (8) ILGYEOK PILSAL is very nicely weighted with an apprentice claim. He overcame gate twelve last time to run on for a strong 4th at class and distance and can match or better that here. (5) DAESARI and (4) PANORAMA KHAN are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Power Victory (6) Green Dragon (8) Ilgyeok Pilsal (5) Daesari|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 9: Class 2 (1800M) Special Weight B / KRW 90 Million
(2) CHOEGANG GAME had a hard time over 2000M last time out, but he is a two-time winner at this distance, including at this class in December. He carries plenty of weight, but he is nicely drawn and has every chance of returning to winning ways here. (4) ACE HAMSEONG Is generally a model of consistency. He ran 3rd to Choegang Game in that December race and enters off another 3rd place at 2000M a month ago. He tends to settle back and then run on and he should be finishing off well again. (6) ORAE HAMKKEHAJA got rapidly promoted to this class with back-to-back wins over this distance toward the end of last year. In his only 2023 outing, he ran 6th over 2000M on what was his first try at this class, leading for much of the way around. Under today’s conditions, he is up in the weights but draws well to lead and should be in this a long way. (7) BEST TAP and the up in class (1) YAHO GOLDEN CAT are others with at least minor money hopes.
|Selections||(2) Choegang Game (4) Ace Hamseong (6) Orae Hamkkehaja (7) Best Tap|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Special Weight B / KRW 60 Million
(5) TITAN SOCKS doesn’t exactly win out of turn, but he no fewer than ten top-three finishes. That includes his latest on March 26th when he beat a couple of today’s rivals on his way to 3rd place over 1800M having settled midfield and run on. An apprentice takes the edge off the weights, and he can win here. (11) ARGO RICH only got his maiden win at his latest outing on March 26th, and it was over 1400M at Class 3 level. However, he had put together a strong of strong performances leading up to it and while he comes up to two-turns for the first time, he looks to have potential and may be available at an each-way price. Even quicker up in class is (2) BADEN BADEN. That follows back-to-back victories over 1200M and 1400M and from a nice gate and under a light weight, she can measure up. (7) WHITE CHARM and (8) MUSTANG POWER are both last stat winner at this class and while both come up in weight, they can be considered.
|Selections||(5) Titan Socks (11) Argo Rich (2) Baden Baden (7) White Charm|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 8, 11|