The weekend’s racing gets underway on Friday at Busan where there are 8 races from 12:00 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 40 Million
A maiden for three-year-olds opens proceedings. There are three debut-makers and at least one of them looks interesting. (5) JANGSAN LEMON is half-brother to a couple of good talents and having gained almost 20kg since a trio of trials last year, he was well held together when winning a February heat in a good time without being asked to do too much. He will be well backed on debut and has every chance. (3) EVERY KING IJI was much improved when 2nd at start number two on February 23rd and from a much better gate can back that up here. (12) JORDAN FIGHTING came from of the pace to run a good 4th in a quick race on debut on February 12th. The wide draw shouldn’t be an issue and with some natural improvement he should be right in this. First-timer (11) CHOEGANG WEEK was an on-pace 3rd in her trial in a fast time on a wet track on February 11th. She was asked for a little more effort than Jangsan Lemon was but if she brings that form to the races, a bold showing first-up is possible. (8) MOVIE MORE was inconvenienced coming out of the gates at this latest effort, but going on his showing on debut, should be competitive here.
|Selections||(5) Jangsan Lemon (3) Every King Iji (12) Jordan Fighting (11) Choegang Week|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 11|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) BUDDY BUDDY didn’t disgrace himself when tried in Listed juvenile company last November and has since registered back-to-back 4th places over 1400M and 1200M, beating a couple of these along the way. He draws well to get on the speed here and he should prove too good. (1) BUILD UP remains a maiden after nine attempts but has gone close on a few occasions. They include his latest when he overcame gate twelve to get handy to the leaders and ran on for 4th ahead of a couple of today’s rivals. He draws much better here so should get an easier run and can be in the finish again. (8) TITAN K is another maiden, but his recent form reads fairly and at his best he can be in the frame here. (4) OK STAR and (5) ADELE CHUKBAE others in the placing hunt. The latter was in abysmal form last year but comes in off five months out and looked good when trialling just last week.
|Selections||(2) Buddy Buddy (1) Build Up (8) Titan K (4) OK Star|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 10|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1600M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
(2) NAKDONG JEONSA offered little in two outings last autumn but looked a much better prospect when returning from three months out at the beginning of last month and running 2nd over 1300M having settled midfield and run on well. He should strip fitter for the run, he comes up to the mile for the first time, and he can win here. (10) TOP FRIEND was ridden handy for the first time on his latest appearance, but it proved unsuccessful as he weakened. He had previous had good results having gone to the back of the field and then finishing off well for 4th and 2nd over 1200M and 1300M. The wide draw may actually be in his favour here and the additional trip can suit. (4) FLYING TOUCH is another who may appreciate the additional distance. Her times over the shorter courses have been nothing special but she has finished off her last two well, running 5th on both occasions and she should be aiming to get in the money here. (6) SUNDAY MONEY and (5) DAEJI FLY are the other placing contenders.
|Selections||(2) Nakdong Jeonsa (10) Top Friend (4) Flying Touch (6) Sunday Money|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 10|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (1) GOLDEN WAVE ran 2nd on debut in January before getting her maiden win at start number two over this distance on February 10th, making all. Both those were in all-filly company and it’s the same again today so despite being up in class, she should be using her good draw to get on pace and win again. (9) DIABLO QUEEN come sin off a very quick win at class and distance on February 10th when on pace throughout. She was second up that day following almost ten months off and with an apprentice engaged here she barely comes up in weight. She looks the main danger to the favourite. (6) DOCTOR SHARK came from off the pace to get her first win, also on February 10th. She is up in class but down in weight and she can measure up amongst this lot. (3) TWO TWO LIME and (5) BREAD HIT others to keep safe.
|Selections||(1) Golden Wave (9) Diablo Queen (6) Doctor Shark (3) Two Two Lime|
|Next Best||5, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9, 12|
Busan Race 5: Class 5 (1800M) Special Weight B / KRW 40 Million
(5) INDIE BULPAE returned seven months after an inauspicious debut to win well first-up over a mile in January. He then came up to this class on February 12th and led for much of the way around over this distance before ultimately running 2nd to Pistol Star, but beating three of today’s rivals in the process. He carries his fair share of weight here but he should prove to good and will start as hot favourite. The second favourite will be (7) DOCTOR PERO. He has similar form having won at class 6 level over a mile two starts back before coming from off the pace to run 2nd on his first try at this class and distance on January 27th. That was a much slower race than Indie Bulpae’s but he can be a danger. Next best is (9) ADELE STELLA. She is yet to finish in the top-two in eleven attempts but she has no fewer then eight finishes between 3rd and 5th including last time out at this class and distance. She may find a couple too quick again but shouldn’t be far away. (6) FIRST PARK and (3) RUNNING WARRIOR others in the frame.
|Selections||(5) Indie Bulpae (7) Doctor Pero (9) Adele Stella (6) First Park|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 6|
Busan Race 6: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Tricky race here with plenty having claims. We’ll give another chance to (4) COME ON FIRST, who was a beaten favourite on February 12th at class and distance when a touch slow away before being ridden up to be close to the speed then weakening on a wet track. He has won at this distance though and from a good draw can sit behind the speed and return to winning ways today. That will mean overturning the form on (6) LADY GOLDEN, who won that February 12th race after getting a beautiful start from the widest gate and leading all the way, just holding on. An apprentice keeps her at the same weight and she comes into a much better gate so warrants respect here. (1) YEOSU FIGHTER comes up in class and in trip after recent good work over 1400M. H has only finished outside of the top four on one occasions and he comes down in the weights here. Expect him to be on pace and in this a long way. (9) GREEN PAPAGO and (2) YONGCHEON among several others with at least placing hopes.
|Selections||(4) Come On First (6) Lady Golden (1) Yeosu Fighter (9) Green Papago|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 10, 12|
Busan Race 7: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) RAP VERSA will be heavily favoured here. He enters off back-to-back runner-up finishes at this class and distance in January and February, beating three of these in the first of them. He comes up slightly in the weights but won under this impost at class 5 level. He can sit behind the leaders and prove too strong at the business end. At an each-way price it might be worth taking a chance on (1) GRAPHENE KING. He comes up in weight but back down in class after a try at class 3 level two weeks ago and comes back up to a distance at which he was runner-up on his only previous try. He likes to be on pace, and he comes into a much better gate than in his latest two. (6) FANTASTIC LOVE came from well back to run 3rd at big odds over class and distance on February 5th. She carries a light weight again and will be much shorter today. (3) ALPHA SONGDANG and (10) ILNYEOM CHEONHA are both better than their respective latest starts and can be considered at least for the minors.
|Selections||(7) Rap Versa (1) Graphene King (6) Fantastic Love (3) Alpha Songdang|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 10|
Busan Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) GANGSEO GIANT has won her latest two at 1000M and 1200M, the latter in fine fashion on January 27th. She comes up in class here and in trip but she comes down in the weights and looks to have plenty of promise for further development. (3) CAPTAIN GOLD shapes as the main danger. He too is up in class following a good win over this distance on February 17th continuing a very consistent start to his career that has seen in him the top-four in all eight outings so far. He draws well to get on pace, is down in weight, and should have a big part to play. (6) MENIFEE SONG beat Captain Gold when the pair ran 1st and 3rd two starts back, before finishing runner-up to him when they met again on that February 17th race. He joins him up in class but down in weight and in with a chance. (12) FASHION BLADE and (5) UNBREAK are others to keep safe.
|Selections||(9) Gangseo Giant (3) Captain Gold (6) Menifee Song (12) Fashion Blade|
|Next Best||5, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 9|