Christmas Eve racing is in Seoul with 10 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens in the opener with nine of the twelve having prior racing experience. (2) YUKWAEHAN SARANG won a trial before running 2nd on debut over 1000M and then 4th when tried at this distance on November 27th, settling handy and running on well. She is the only one in the field to have tackled the 1200M before and it can stand her in good stead here. Probable favourite is (1) JEOMSUNI GO. Underwhelming in trials, she was sent off at big odds-on debut over 1000M on November 27th but defied that to run a very close 3rd in a very fast time having been slowly away and settling back. The additional furlong should suit, and she has a big chance here. (3) INDIANUI BYEOL has run well for 2nd and 3rd in two prior outings, both over the 1000M. Last time out he drew gate ten and settled midfield but from a better draw he can be expected to be on the speed here and in this a long way. (12) DAEWANG SOCKS and (6) ILDONG BAKSU offered signs of ability on their respective debuts and can feature here too.
|Selections||(2) Yukwaehan Sarang (1) Jeomsuni Go (3) Indianui Byeol (12) Daewang Socks|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
More juvenile maidens and (4) DAEBAK SOCKS looks to be the one to beat. He ran 4th on debut and then 3rd on his second start on November 27th when leading almost the entire way around over 1000M, stopping the clock in a quick time and only narrowly beaten. The extended trip should pose no problems and from another good draw, he can be on pace again and this time go all the way. (5) SUPER FINISH is the logical second pick. After an ordinary debut, he has run 2nd and 3rd over five-furlongs, showing on pace both times. He too draws well to get forward and he can be a danger. Neither (12) LEMON BLADE nor (10) ARGO MUJEOK are done any favours by the draw, but it may be less of a hindrance for Lemon Blade. Both enter off encouraging last start showings. (2) GHOST CHARM another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(4) Daebak Socks (5) Super Finish (12) Lemon Blade (10) Argo Mujeok|
|Next Best||2, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
It took him a few goes to figure things out but (8) UCHEONGRYUNG has been knocking on the door in his latest three with two 4th places and a 2nd, all in good times at 1200M and 1300M. He settles handy or midfield and runs on, although with not much early speed here, he may well be on pace, and he won’t need to improve very much to win. (5) ARCH MEMORY has five top-five finishes from seven appearances although is yet to feature in the first-two. She comes in off a solid 3rd place over this distance on November 19th when she settled midfield and ran on strong and under the same weight and from a good gate, she can go close again. (12) MIR POINT has run solid times over 1000M and comes in off a last start runner-up finish on November 12th. It’s his first time at further than the minimum distance today and he can be competitive although may need a touch of luck from the start from the wide gate. (2) SEMYEONG CAPTAIN and (9) CHIMING BOY others in the minor money hunt.
|Selections||(8) Ucheongryung (5) Arch Memory (12) Mir Point (2) Semyeong Captain|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 8, 10, 12|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) GOLDEN HONOR has only finished outside of the top-four on one occasion and while a win remains elusive, he has put in some solid performances at this class and last time out, at this distance. He has tended to get a bit far back in his races, but he runs on well and so long s he doesn’t leave himself too much to do, he is the one to beat here. (3) ECHO ZONE has only won once but has been a model of consistency with eight top-five finishes. He comes in off a good 2nd place over 1400M at this class and his win came over this distance. This isn’t impossible for him. (10) SINUI BANJEON has three runner-up finishes from five starts including her latest at this class and distance on November 27th. She is nicely weighted here, the draw shouldn’t be problematic, and she rates as a chance. (5) GEOLJAK DREAM and the up in class (8) MAUIWAY are others in the frame.
|Selections||(4) Golden Honor (3) Echo Zone (10) Sinui Banjeon (5) Geoljak Dream|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) SOMETHING LOST was a winner on debut over 1000M in a fast time (beating Jeomsuni Go from race 1). He comes up in class and up in distance here but neither of those should be an issue and he will be a warm favourite to maintain his 100% record. Except on debut, (3) GLOBAL POWER hasn’t finished outside the top four. He enters having beaten a couple of these on his way to 3rd place when overcoming a wide gat at this class and distance on November 27th. The draw is more favourable today and he can go close. (10) BEST TORCH showed promise earlier this year but hasn’t raced since finishing in midfield in the Luna Stakes, the first leg of the Triple Tiara, back in April. She has two runner-up finishes at this class and distance though and looked well when coming through a November trial in a decent time. She can go well first-up. (8) HUIMANG CHAMP and the up in class (12) SPRING WATER are among others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(1) Something Lost (3) Global Power (10) Best Torch (8) Huimang Champ|
|Next Best||12, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) HANGANG ACE won the Listed Munhwa Ilbo Trophy for juveniles at start number two in October over this distance in a fast time having overcome gate ten. That led him to be sent off as favourite for the Nonghyup Chairman’s Trophy, another listed race in November, only for him to part company with his jockey coming out of the gate, completing the course pilot-less. He returns here and so long as rider and conveyance stay united, he can return to the winner’s circle. (12) MUNHAK STORM comes in off a super win over Leewolma in a remarkably fast time for the level over this distance on November 13th. Leewolma went on to win impressively last weekend, boosting that form, and while he does come up 3.5kg in the weights and draws unfavourably, he looks to have the best shot of challenging the favourite. (11) ACHIM GISANG missed more than a year but returned in October and has run well for 2nd and 4th both at class and distance in fair times. She can go close again. (8) JILJU BORN and (10) B.J. STORM are among others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(4) Hangang Ace (12) Munhak Storm (11) Achim Gisang (8) Jilju Born|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||5, 8, 11, 12|
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) STRONG CHARM got shuffled back in the pack very early in the Breeders’ Cup Champion Juvenile race at Busan on December 4th and proceeded to down tools. His form leading up to that was good though, and he comes up to two turns for the first time having drawn a nice gate and with his style potentially suiting. He is worth another chance here. That’s in no small part due to this being an ordinary field. (1) RUNNER MONSTER comes into a much better gate than in recent outings. Draw a line through his latest when well back at 1400M an instead go on his 2nd place at this distance, albeit at class 6, on October 29th, and he has more of a chance. Beating Runner Monster in that October race was (7) HEEMANG WARRIOR. He too had a chastening time on his first try at this class on November 27th but gets another chance here. (8) KING SIMBA and (10) GEUMSEONG HWANHUI are others to keep safe.
|Selections||(2) Strong Charm (1) Runner Monster (7) Heemang Warrior (8) King Simba|
|Next Best||10, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 9, 12|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(4) HANGANGUI GISANG is a perfect three from three having won all his starts to date in fine fashion and fast times from the front. He comes up in class and in distance here, but neither should be a problem for him, and he can continue on his merry way. He will start as the odds-on favourite, but there are some potentially useful rivals. After drawing a blank in his first eleven, (5) NONSTOP REWARD has won two of his latest three, both over 1200M. He is up in class and significantly in trip, but he can measure up. (7) MIGHTY WELL has plenty of experience at this level and enters off a 3rd place over 1800M at this class when settling midfield and running on. He looks very nicely in here and should be in the mix again. (8) TOP SEED and (6) BEOLMAL DAEJANG are among others capable of competing.
|Selections||(4) Hangangui Gisang (5) Nonstop Reward (7) Mighty Well (8) Top Seed|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8, 12|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Plenty enter in good form but the win of (1) RAON THE PEARL at this class over 1200M on November 26th is enough to put him on top. His style is to settle back and run on and the additional 4kg may not be enough to stop him from winning again. (4) MABAWI has run some very solid times at this distance including when runner-up at this class two starts back. He comes into a better gate today than he had in his last start 6th of twelve and he can get closer today. (2) GLOBAL STORM’s recent form reads well including a 3rd place over a mile on his first try at this class on November 12th. He draws well and can be a factor here. (11) DAEBAK STAR has the fastest time of any of these at the distance, recorded when winning last time out on November 20th. He is up in class here and is done no favours by the draw, but he can measure up. (3) REMARKABLE another to consider.
|Selections||(1) Raon The Pearl (4) Mabawi (2) Global Storm (11) Daebak Star|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 10: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Tricky finale but (5) MONSTER K is just about the pick. He was a good winner over 1400M at class 3 level in September before running 2nd at a mile on his first try at class 2 on November 19th. He comes back in trip, but he is an on-pace type and while he carries his fair share of weight, he can win here. (9) VICEROY races for the first time since winning a valuable trophy race over this distance on international weekend in September. This is his first crack at regular class 2, but he carries a light weight and while drawn a touch wide, can get on pace and be in this a long way. (7) SAENAE SUN was a strong class and distance winner on October 15th. She doesn’t come up too much in the weights for that and can be dangerous here. (12) VICTOR MOON and (6) NEMO PRINCESS among others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(5) Monster K (9) Viceroy (7) Saenae Sun (12) Victor Moon|
|Next Best||6, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 12|