It’s Owners’ Cup weekend in Busan and Moon Se-young is among the Seoul jockeys in town for Sunday’s big race in which he will be partnering Raon The Fighter. He’s riding on the Friday card which has 7 races from 15:35 to 21:00. Here are the previews:
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(4) SPECIAL WIND stepped up to this distance at start number five on June 26th and overcame a wide draw to get to the lead, ultimately finishing a close 2nd. He comes into a much better gate today, can get an easier run early, and looks the one to beat. (6) GUREUMSOK SANCHAEK returned from six months out to run a solid 4th of nine at 1200M on June 10th. He ran through the line pleasingly enough, should strip fitter for the run and the additional distance can suit. (2) YONGCHEON comes in off his best performance to date when 4th behind Special Wind on June 26th. He draws well again and can go close. (1) ORANGE STAR and (10) DOCTOR KHALIFA are among other placing hopes.
|Selections||(4) Special Wind (6) Gureumsok Sanchaek (2) Yongcheon (1) Orange Star|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 10|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(1) STAR MATTA looks to have potential. He’s been well-backed in all three starts so far and while he hasn’t quite met expectations yet, he hasn’t run badly and comes in off a useful enough 5th of ten over 1400M on July 1st. You Hyun-myung climbs aboard and while that means he doesn’t get the benefit of an apprentice claim this time, he draws well and has a chance. (6) VIEW AMAZING is the only one in the field to have placed already, something he did two starts back when 2nd over 1400M. He too steps up to a mile for the first time and it may well suit. He probably starts favourite. (3) EURO STAR too may appreciate the additional trip. She has hinted at ability in recent appearances. (2) DANGDAE BLUE and (5) MEOTJIN HARU other potentials for the minors.
|Selections||(1) Star Matta (6) View Amazing (3) Euro Star (2) Dangdae Blue|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 6|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(4) SSAEKSSAEGI returned from five months out to run a good 3rd over this distance on June 19th when handy throughout. He should have benefited from that run, can sit on pace again and can win. The probable pace-setter is (5) FUNNY LIFE. She has finished in the top-four in all but one of her five starts so far at distances up to 1300M and she should be in this a long way. (6) SUPER CRACK has the fastest time among these for the distance. He can settle back and run on here and should be a danger at the business end of the race. (2) ZET CASH comes back in trip after recent efforts over 1400M that include a runner-up finish two starts back. He draws nicely and looks a place chance. (9) WONDERFUL SMARTY another in the minor money hunt.
|Selections||(4) Ssaekssaegi (5) Funny Life (6) Super Crack (2) Zet Cash|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 6|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(8) WORLD FOUR A is up in class here and is one of only two maidens in the race, having been promoted to this class after a 3rd and two runner-up finishes. The times he has run have been competitive and he has led in all three outings to date. He should be able to get to the lead again and punters are almost sure to make him favourite what with the trainer/jockey combination. (11) GREEN CHEETAH has the fastest time among these for the distance, something she recorded when 3rd on June 24th. She comes up slightly in weight and may need a touch of luck from the wide draw, but she can be considered. (7) ALL CROWN got a bad start and then scarcely featured on her first try at this class on June 26th. She had shown solid form at class 6 though and back in trip today can go better. (5) KKUM NEOMEO and (3) MONEY CASE others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(8) World Four A (11) Green Cheetah (7) All Crown (5) Kkum Neomeo|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 11|
Busan Race 5: Class 5 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(5) HERO MAN come sin having beaten a couple of these on his way to 2nd place over 1800M on July 8th when handy to the lead in a small field. Without the benefit of an apprentice claim here, he comes up significantly in the weights but could have enough about him to make a strong challenge. Also without a claim and up in the weights is the main danger, (3) O.K. THUNDER. He comes up in trip but has a 2nd to his name over 1400M and looks to have scope for more development. (2) BARBELL POSEIDON enters off back-to-back 3rd place finishes over 1400M. He comes down in weights, draws nicely, and stretches out to a mile for the first time. (8) DAEHO PYEONGJEONG and (11) JEOKDO JEONSA are others in the frame.
|Selections||(5) Hero Man (3) O.K. Thunder (2) Barbell Poseidon (8) Daeho Pyeongjeong|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 11|
Busan Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) YEONGGWANGUI POWER won back-to-back races in April and May at this distance, making all both times, to get rapidly promoted to this level. He could only manage 5th on his first try at this level on June 24th but didn’t look out of place and in this company, has every chance of returning to the winner’s circle today. (5) GLORY KING was a winner of three of six starts in 2021 and returns to action for the first time since making all to win at class and distance last Christmas Eve. He was very fast in a June trial and while he will obviously need this, if he can bring his old form to the race, he has winning claims. (9) HANEUL GANGJA has been a model of consistency with five top-three finishes from six starts. He comes in having run 2nd at this class over 1400M on June 26th and can be a danger again. (7) GOLDEN and (11) DOCTOR PHARAOH among plenty of others with chances in a very competitive race,
|Selections||(6) Yeonggwangui Power (5) Glory King (9) Haneul Gangja (7) Golden|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8 , 10|
Busan Race 7: Class 1 (2000M) Allowance / KRW 110 Million
(8) TUHONUI BANSEOK registered an in no way disgraced midfield finish in the very hard Busan Mayor’s Cup over this distance on June 26th. He got his chance there following back-to-back wins over this distance at class 3 and class 2 level and in this small field looks well weighted and has little to fear. (6) CRAZY CONTI comes up just 1kg for his very good class and distance win on June 12th when three of today’s rivals were back down the track behind him. He likes to settle back and run on and has solid chances again. (1) DOMINATION has been beaten by Tuhonui Banseok and Crazy Conti in his latest two outings. He is very consistent though and with a great draw and Perovic climbing aboard, he should be close again. (4) GEUMA MYSTIC and (7) MACH TITAN others to look out for.
|Selections||(8) Tuhonui Banseok (6) Crazy Conti (1) Domination (4) Geuma Mystic|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 7|