Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 9 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Eight previously unraced two-year-olds get their first taste of racing here so we head to the trial videos. (3) FURIOSA led all the way around in her heat with a couple of today’s rivals qualifying behind her. The time wasn’t quick but she was on the bridle throughout, was unhurried and looked mature. If she brings all that to the races, she will win. (6) LUCKY POWER posted the fastest time of any of these in heats when finishing 5th of eight in her trial on May 13th. He was ridden a bit harder than Furiosa, but the four who crossed the line ahead of her are all experienced race winners and she held her own. That can have been a good experience and he can go well first-up. (2) NAOL HAENGBOK ran on from a wide gate for 4th in the Furiosa trial and from a good draw can go close. (5) DUSON CLASSIC and (7) TEMPLAR QUEEN others to look out for.
|Selections||(3) Furiosa (6) Lucky Power (2) Naol Haengbok (5) Duson Classic|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
More juvenile first-timers. There was just a nose between (2) NAOL SNIPER and (6) WONPYEONG TOWN when they trialed up together back on May 13th, crossing the line in 3rd and 2nd in fair time. Naol Sniper was perhaps doing it a bit easier and with the inside draw he is the one to beat first-up here although both should go well and will probably be at the top of the market together. (7) GIANT PUNCH hinted at ability when 4th on nine in his trial, settling handy before dropping back and then running on. He too will have backers here. (4) GLOBAL POWER ran on well for 2nd in his trial, some way behind the proven racehorse who won the heat, but doing enough to suggest he has some prize money in him at this first attempt. (1) HANGANG ACE another in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Naol Sniper (6) Wonpyeong Town (7) Giant Punch (4) Global Power|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(8) MUSTANG CHARM is probably the one to beat here having followed up three consecutive 5th place finishes with a 2nd at this distance on May 21st when handy throughout. She can settle just behind the early speed here and could prove too strong at the business end of the race. (2) PERMISSION TO WIN has shown improvement across his three outings to date, culminating in a runner-up finish over this distance on May 22nd when he settled back and finished well He draws better today and can aim to match or better here. (4) INNER PEACE ran 3rd behind Mustang Charm on debut in that race on May 21st when on pace throughout. She has four-lengths to make up here but should have come on for that run and from a good gate will be on the speed again. (12) DAECHEON CHAMP and (3) GRAY THOR others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(8) Mustang Charm (2) Permission To Win (4) Inner Peace (12) Daecheon Champ|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 10, 12|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) SUNGAN TOUCH comes up in class having scored his maiden win at start number four over 1200M on May 14th when leading from gate to wire. At the start before he registered a fast time at this distance when 3rd having overcome a wide draw. This is harder but he should be on the lead again and may take some beating. (8) BYEORAK comes back in trip following a couple of spins around 1700M. His sole win came at this trip and he looks nicely in here. (11) THE REAPER remains a maiden after ten outings but has four runner-up finishes to his name, including his latest over 1200M at this class on May 22nd. His running style means the wide draw won’t be an issue and he can challenge late here. (1) MIR BEST tries class 5 for the first time following his maiden score last month. In his case, it came at this distance and from the inside gate here, he should be able to drop in behind the early speed and challenge. (6) THUNDER HORSE another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(7) Sungan Touch (8) Byeorak (11) The Reaper (1) Mir Best|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) EUNHYE CHUNGMAN enters in good form with a 2nd and a 4th from her latest two, both at class and distance and beating a couple of today’s rivals in the latest of them. She has the fastest time of any of these at the distance and can sit on pace or handy and run on here. She will probably start the odds-on favourite. If you want to take her on, then (7) NUBIGO may provide some interest. He is one of only two in the race to have won at the distance and generally records consistent times. He can sit behind the speed here and run into some money. (8) K FRENZY is yet to win in ten appearances but has no fewer than six top-three finishes. He races here for the first time since January and while he didn’t offer too many clues in a trial earlier this month, this is a nice race to come back in and he can be considered. (3) QUEEN OF BEST and (5) SOUJU others who could contest the minors.
|Selections||(6) Eunhye Chungman (7) Nubigo (8) K Frenzy (3) Queen Of Best|
|Next Best||5, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
We’ll take a chance here on (7) ROYAL HAMSEONG. True, he is an eighteen-race maiden but he enters in reasonable form and was a close at hand 3rd on his latest outing on May 29th. He can settle midfield and run on and it could be his day. The obvious danger is (8) SOARA BABA. She won back-to-back races at 1700M and 1800M in February and April, the latter at this class, before running 4th, again at class and distance on May 21st. She looks nicely in here and in this small field she will almost certainly be a hot favourite. (3) GLOBAL LUCKY is another long-standing maiden but she comes back in trip following a good 3rd place at this class over 1400M on May 22nd when she went right back before finishing well and she can be considered here. (5) MILKY SHERRY was scratched from a planned outing two weeks ago. She actually beat Soara Baba when 2nd on May 21st and shouldn’t be ruled out. (2) CHOTOMA another in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Royal Hamseong (8) Soara Baba (3) Global Lucky (5) Milky Sherry|
|Next Best||2, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A small but competitive field. (1) TITAN SOCKS is the one to beat following a good 3rd place at this class over 1800M on May 21st, (finishing between Milky Sherry and Soara Baba who we saw in race 6) when he was handy throughout. He draws well here and is nicely treated by the handicap conditions. (8) CHEONBISEONG has been a consistent performer at this distance. He likes to be on pace and in this small field, he should be able to navigate to a forward position and then can be in this a long way. (4) WORLD RACER comes up in class and significantly in trip following a win over 1300M on April 30th when from gate ten, he sat back before launching a strong challenge. That running style suggests the distance can suit and he comes in nicely weighted. (2) MANSE and (6) SPEAR GUN are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(1) Titan Socks (8) Cheonbiseong (4) World Racer (2) Manse|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) JANGSAN LASER won three of his first five starts and comes in following a very close 2nd place over class and distance on April 21st. He will be on or close to the pace here and at start number nine looks ready to return to the winner’s circle. (2) DREAM KNOCK actually beat Jangsan Laser when the pair met and ran 3rd and 5th at class and distance on May 1st. Dream Knock significantly exceeded expectations that day and this is her first run since but she draws very well and carries a feather weight. She can go close. (10) CHOEGO RACE is a winner at this distance at class 4 level and has a 2nd and 4th in two attempts at this class. He will be in the mix here. (6) SPRING KKUM is up in class following back-to-back wins at class 4 and while this is harder, he can measure up. (7) YEOKJEONUI USEUNG is another in the frame.
|Selections||(9) Jangsan Laser (2) Dream Knock (10) Choego Race (6) Spring Kkum|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 9: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(7) YEONHUI ILCHUL ran out a class and distance winner in fine style on May 7th, settling midfield and proving too strong. She does come up a full 4kg in the weights today but that is the only concern and she looks to be the one to beat again. (4) OXFORD KING mixes his form but on his day is very good. He has the fastest time among these for the distance and from a good draw can be a big danger. So too (3) RAON FASHION who beat a number of these, including Oxford King, on his way to a class and distance victory, also on May 7th. He too comes up in the weights for that, but has every chance. (11) COBRA BALL was 3rd in that race having been favourite and can be given another chance today while (9) VICTOR MOON makes it up to this class for the first time after an all the way win at the distance at the end of March and under a light weight can be competitive here too.
|Selections||(7) Yeonhui Ilchul (4) Oxford King (3) Raon Fashion (11) Cobra Ball|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 11|