Big prizes on offer with five international trophy exchange races to be run on Sunday. At Seoul, where there is an 11-race card from 10:45 to 18:00, the Turkey Jockey Club (TJK) Trophy and the Gold Circle Trophy will be run. At Busan, where there is a 6-race card from 12:00 to 16:40, the Selangor Turf Club, China Horse Industry Association, and Tokyo City Keiba Trophies are all on the agenda. All betting locations are open, but attendance should be pre-booked using the MyCard app:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden three-year-old fillies in the opener and a couple come in looking ready to win. (1) SUPERDIA ran 3rd on debut over 1000M in January before stepping up to this trip on February 27th and leading for much of the way, ultimately coming home in 5th place, around four-lengths behind the winner. Drawn nicely, she can lead again, and this time go all the way. (4) WONDERFUL KITTY has claims on favourite status. She has the fastest time among these for the distance and comes in following a good 3rd place last time out. Her style has been to go back and to run on, she has some good final furlong times and will be coming home strongly here. (10) MAGIC MOCCASIN hasn’t been seen since her debut on Boxing Day when she led over 1000M, finishing 4th. Despite the wide draw, she can be on or close to the pace again and can be a danger. (2) LAROMANEE and (8) HIGH RUNNER, who came home 4th and 5th when they raced each other on February 19th, are others who can at least challenge for places.
|Selections||(1) Superdia (4) Wonderful Kitty (10) Magic Moccasin (2) Laromanee|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
A very competitive maiden. (9) SOJUNGHAN DANGSIN looks among the readiest to win, coming in as she does off a good 2nd place at class and distance on February 20th, when she was handy to the lead throughout. She should be on or close to the pace again and will be in this a long way. (11) OKDONG GONGJU has registered some good times for the distance and while she is yet to win in twelve attempts, she is consistent and enters having run 4th at her latest outing. She will probably be ridden patiently again and can run home strong. The draw doesn’t do her any favours though and nor does it for (12) EUNHYE DREAM although given her running style in her latest two, it may not be too damaging to her chances. She has run on for 3rd and a pair of 4th place finishes from her latest three and can be in the money hunt again. (2) V QUEEN and (4) HELLO GEUMSEONG are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(9) Sojunghan Dangsin (11) Okdong Gongju (12) Eunhye Dream (2) V Queen|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 9, 10, 12|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Tricky maiden. (11) LONDON POWER has a decent start, a decent finish and has registered acceptable times for the distance and that combination may be enough to see her home on top here. The draw means she may need a touch of luck in the early stages, but if she can find a good position, she can win. (2) ONCHEONHA has a 2nd and a 3rd to his name from seven starts so far. He draws well to be able to take up a spot just behind the speed and then run on. (9) CHEONJI JIDAE also has a 2nd place to his name at this distance. Draw a line through his latest when he drew gate fourteen and he can be given another chance in this limited company. Given that this is not a deep field form wise, the two first-time starters can also be given a chance. (3) TROTTING RILEY and (6) GRAY THOR both posted fair times in their heats and couldn’t really ask for a softer race to start their careers in.
|Selections||(11) London Power (2) Oncheonha (9) Cheonji Jidae (3) Trotting Riley|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 11|
Busan Race 1: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) GOLD TAP ran out a winner on debut over 1200M, sitting handy early and then running on well for a narrow score. He comes up in class and in trip today but draws significantly better and has every chance of measuring up in this company. The logical main danger is (7) DOCTOR TEXAS. He has run some good and consistent times at this distance, should be on pace here and can be in this a long way. He will need to overturn the form on (4) FRIGATE BIRD, who beat him when they raced each other at this distance back on January 28th. Frigate Bird is up 3kg in the weights on that day but enters in solid form and can have placing ambitions again. (9) GEUMBIT SKY has shown hints of returning to some kind of form in his latest two, and along with (3) SUN MOUNTAIN, is among the others who can find some minor money.
|Selections||(2) Gold Tap (7) Doctor Texas (4) Frigate Bird (9) Geumbit Sky|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) FLYING ATHENA has been beaten into 2nd place in both of her last two starts, both times as favourite. She accordingly has to come up in class here, but she looks to have more improvement in her and from a nice draw she can win. She only has a nose to overturn on (12) WILD SOCKS, who beat her when they raced each other at this distance at class 6 level on March 5th. Wild Socks sat back that day and ran on, just getting there in time. He comes up in class too and the draw isn’t ideal, but he will certainly be a danger again. (11) BURUI KKOT is yet to win in five outings and like Flying Athena, got promoted to this level with back-to-back runner-up finishes. However, she has never finished worse than 5th and she has already been tested at this class and came through it well when 3rd over 1400M on February 26th. She can be a danger here. (2) COMPLETE LUCKY is another maiden up in class but is nicely in here to get a forward position early and can be in this a long way. (4) REMARKABLE also in the hunt.
|Selections||(5) Flying Athena (12) Wild Socks (11) Burui Kkot (2) Complete Lucky|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 11|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Draw a line through the latest outing from (4) MONEY CASE, his first at this class, on February 25th when drawn in gate thirteen over 1300M he worked hard to find a position and ultimately came home in midfield. Instead go on his effort two starts back when making all to win over 1200M at class 6 level. Back in trip today and nicely drawn, he looks the one to beat. (9) ALPHA SONGDANG is up in class having secured her maiden win at start number two over this distance on February 25th. She made all that day and while the draw isn’t quite ideal, she should have enough early speed to get across to challenge for the lead and can potentially go all the way. (6) HARDY CHARLIE can mix his form. He got a bit left behind last time out when never a factor over this distance, but he draws better today and with a better start, can go close. (3) OREUDA and (10) OMEGA GIRL among others who can challenge for some minor money.
|Selections||(4) Money Case (9) Alpha Songdang (6) Hardy Charlie (3) Oreuda|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) TEAM IMPACT led from gate to wire on debut over 1200M on February 26th. He comes up in class here and marginally in trip as well but can get to the lead again and should have too much for this field. (5) BLACK MASK remains a maiden after four outings, but has never finished any worse than 3rd, a finish she achieved at this class and distance on March 6th, when she led for much of the race. She comes up slightly in the weights today but has solid claims to go close once again. So too (1) HEUNGHAENG DAEBAK. He too led at his latest start at class and distance on February 27th, ultimately running a very close 2nd to a good winner. He gets a great draw here and will be a threat. (12) ECTON JILJU doesn’t get a very good gate but comes in off a 2nd place at class and distance and with some early luck can be in this too. (2) CHAMPION GAMUN was 3rd behind Ecton Jilju on March 5th, a race he was sent off as favourite for, and can also be given another chance here.
|Selections||(7) Team Impact (5) Black Mask (1) Heunghaeng Daebak (12) Ecton Jilju|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7, 12|
Busan Race 3: Class 4 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Small but competitive field. (1) ALIVE CAPTAIN comes up in class and in distance after an excellent score over a mile on March 6th. He comes up slightly in weight too but that is balanced a little by a very good draw and there is no reason why he can’t measure up in this company. (4) ADELE CROWN had a tough time at this trip two starts back but is a winner at a mile and following a good 2nd place at this class over 1400M on March 11th, looks ready for another crack around two-turns. (3) SNYDER had an even tougher time in that 1800M race with Adele Crown, which was back on February 18th, but he is a class and distance winner and can be given another chance from a significantly better draw. (7) GREAT DANCE also ran in that February race and defied long odds to finish 2nd. He comes up in the weights as a result but will warrant more respect here. (6) ALBERT KING mixes his form but carries a feather weight and could be rattling home late.
|Selections||(1) Alive Captain (4) Adele Crown (3) Snyder (7) Great Dance|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
It’s hard to look past (6) ASPENROS here. He had been working towards a win and it came at start number three over 1300M on February 27th when he settled handy and finished off well for an easy success. He comes up in class today, but it shouldn’t be much of an issue, and he has handled the 1400M before. It would be a surprise were he to get beaten. That’s because the opposition doesn’t enter in great form. Down in trip (7) BALBATU may turn out to be the biggest danger. He has run fast times at this distance and while he has been getting a bit far back in his races at 1700M, if he can be ridden a bit closer here, he is capable of finishing off well. (1) REAL PACK is yet to win in eleven outings but has come close on a couple of occasions and enters in consistent form. He comes back in trip following a 4th place over 1700M and from the inside gate can sit handy and run on. (11) YES I CAN and (9) FIRST DREAM others who can sneak some minor money.
|Selections||(6) Aspenros (7) Balbatu (1) Real Pack (11) Yes I Can|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 8|
Busan Race 4: Class Open (1400M) Selangor Turf Club Trophy (Allowance) / KRW 150 Million
A big prize on offer in the first of the afternoon’s international trophy exchange races. It’s for horses rated 65 and down and should be there for the taking for (3) SEUNGNI MAGICQUEEN. A winner over this distance at class 3 level two starts back, she is the highest rated in the race by a full nine-points and she even gets a nice 2kg filly allowance under the set weights scale. She will be on or close to the pace and will be hard to bet against. (8) LANE KILLER can be a touch up and down but at his best he can run the favourite close. He was a smart winner over this distance at class 4 last time out and can come from behind the pace with a strong finish. (5) UNJU EUTTEUM comes back in trip following a good 3rd place finish on his first try at class 3 on February 27th. The weight scale brings him up a full 5.5kg but he should be competitive. Seungni Magicqueen’s stablemate (9) ALPHA STAR comes is first up following over three months out, but he looked sharp in a trial and has run just as quick at this distance in the past as his fellow Rice-trainee. (6) GEUMA STARLET, 2nd over a mile last time out at class 4 level is another to consider.
|Selections||(3) Seungni Magicqueen (8) Lane Killer (5) Unju Eutteum (9) Alpha Star|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 9|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (4) CHOEGANG QUEEN is the one they need to beat. She is yet to finish outside the top five in her nine appearances so far and though it has been a while since the most recent of her two wins, she remains consistently close. She comes up 2kg on her latest effort when running 3rd at this class and distance on March 6th and she can win here. (1) WONDERFUL RUBY ran 7th behind Choegang Queen in that March 6th race, having led for much of the way. Drawn well again, she has consistently run good times for this distance and can get a bit closer today. (10) MAGIC GRACE is a winner of three from six so far, including her most recent when leading gate-to-wire at class and distance on February 27th. She gets to carry exactly the same weight and while the draw is less favourable and she does tend to mix her form, with a touch of early luck she can find the front and could go all the way. (9) BEST TIME and (3) MONEY SIJANG are others who can sneak a place.
|Selections||(4) Choegang Queen (1) Wonderful Ruby (10) Magic Grace (9) Best Time|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 10|
Busan Race 5: Class Open (1400M) China Horse Industry Association Trophy (Allowance) / KRW 150 Million
Draw a line through the latest effort from (1) COOL GUY, when he led but weakened over 2000M. That was his first time finishing outside of the top three in twelve career starts so far and while today’s is a distance he hasn’t actually won at, he has posted good times and has won at 1200M and 1600M and from a great draw, his class should see him to victory here. (7) SKY MORE hasn’t quite been able to carry on from his early momentum that saw him win four of his first eight starts. He finished midfield last start over this tri at class 3 level and from a better gate today, can go closer. (4) COPY THAT has twelve top three finishes from fifteen starts so far and has posted some very good times at this distance. At his latest start he was a very good winner over 1200M at class 3 level and can sit on pace or handy and run close here. (5) ILNYEOM TONGCHEON was a last start winner at this distance at class 3 and along with (6) TOP DAY is another in the placing frame at least.
|Selections||(1) Cool Guy (7) Sky More (4) Copy That (5) Ilnyeom Tongcheon|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 8: Class Open (1400M) TJK Trophy (Allowance) / KRW 150 Million
(4) SPOT FLATTER found himself up against it in the Sports Chosun Trophy over 2000M on March 20th but managed to finish a creditable 7th of fourteen. At the start before, he won over 1800M at class 3 level. He is a three-time winner at this distance too, all in fast times, and he is the one to beat here, most likely settling midfield and running on. (8) A. P. PATEK doesn’t exactly win out of turn, but he likes this distance and drops back following six recent spins around two-turns. He is another who generally settles back in the field and runs on and he can be dangerous at the business end of the race. (3) WINNER BLUE also doesn’t have a prolific win rate, but he comes in here in the best form of his career with two wins from his last four. They were both at 1200M, but in between them he put in two good runs at this distance too, finishing 4th and 2nd in fast times. (10) GANGSEO PRINCESS and (11) REDBACK are others to enter the calculations.
|Selections||(4) Spot Flatter (8) A. P. Patek (3) Winner Blue (10) Gangseo Princess|
|Next Best||11, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 10|
Busan Race 6: Class Open (1800M) Tokyo City Keiba Trophy (Allowance) / KRW 150 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (5) QUEEN OF THE WORLD is highest rated by a full seven points, and she should be showing exactly why here. It is true that she hasn’t won at further than 1400M and she struggled on her solitary previous try at this distance. That was almost two years ago and the way she has run in her latest starts suggests she is ready for another crack, especially in this company. (8) ADELE PUPIL returned to form with a win over a mile at class 4 level on February 11th when on pace throughout. She has run a couple of very good times at this distance, including when 2nd at class 3, and she can go well here. (6) BURNING PARTY has been a touch disappointing in her latest two but is a winner at this distance as recently as December and shouldn’t be ruled out here. (2) QUEEN HARLEY and (4) GYEONGJUUI DUREBAK others who could sneak some minor money.
|Selections||(5) Queen Of The World (8) Adele Pupil (6) Burning Party (2) Queen Harley|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 9: Class Open (1800M) Gold Circle Trophy (Allowance) / KRW 150 Million
Fillies and mares only here. We’ll take a chance on (4) EODIGANA, who had a poor day at the office on her only start so far this year, returning to form. She drew wide that day and then didn’t run on. She rounded out her three-year-old campaign with victory in the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup, the final leg of the Filly Triple Crown over 2000M and has won at this distance too. The main danger and probable favourite is (5) SARYEONI QUEEN. She won back-to-back races at class 4 level, one of them at today’s distance, across the turn of the year, before running 3rd on her first try at class 3, again at 1800M, on March 6th, having led until the closing stages. She draws nicely here and has every chance. (3) QUEENS TOUR finished 3rd behind Eodigana in the Gyeonggi, having beaten her when the pair ran 4th and 5th in the Korean Oaks. At her latest start, she was a winner over 1700M at class 4 level and is a contender here. (12) RUBICON and (2) RAON CHAMPSELY are others to look out for.
|Selections||(4) Eodigana (5) Saryeoni Queen (3) Queens Tour (12) Rubicon|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 13|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Good race. (7) JANGSAN POISON comes up in distance and rapidly in class after back-to-back wins over 1400M at class 6 and class 5 levels. He is nicely weighted and while in those wins, he led gate to wire, there’s no reason why he can’t win from the front here too. (5) K N WONDERFUL is already a class and distance winner, having struck two starts back when settling midfield and running on strong. He ran 3rd at his latest start on March 5th but draws much better today and can be a danger. He can overturn the form on (6) SPEED BELLE, who finished 2nd in that March 5th race. The latter has won at this class in the past though so another bold showing can’t be ruled out. (3) ETERNAL MEMORY and (1) JANGSAN GUARD are among others who enter with recent form reading well and who can compete for the money.
|Selections||(7) Jangsan Poison (5) K N Wonderful (6) Speed Belle (3) Eternal Memory|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 11: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(3) DO KKI BLADE returned to action following five months off in the Segye Ilbo over this distance at the end of January. That was a stiff pipe-opener to say the least, but he ran creditably enough in 8th of fourteen. He should have come on for that and while he carries plenty of weight, that’s balanced by a nice gate and his class can come through. (4) CUPID GUY comes back in trip following recent good work around 1400M. He tends to sit back and rely on his strong finish, and he will be flashing home late here. (1) CHEUNGDAM GENIE ran a fair 5th of thirteen behind Raon The Fighter at his latest outing on February 20th. Obviously, he was miles behind the winner, but he wasn’t too far off the place-getters, and he can go well from the inside gate. (2) M J POWER comes back in trip. He too can run competitive times at this distance. The returning (6) DAEBAK HAENGJIN looked well when winning a trial in March and could be an interesting outsider.
|Selections||(3) Do Kki Blade (4) Cupid Guy (1) Cheungdam Genie (2) M J Power|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 9|