Seoul will race in front of punters for the first time in a year on Saturday. There are 10 races from 10:45 to 18:00. Attendance at the racecourse must be pre-booked using the My Card app and evidence of Covid-19 vaccination is required. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
As ever it’s the juvenile maidens up first with nine of the twelve racing for the first time. And it’s first-timer (7) NEMO PRINCESS, who is the stand out. She easily won her second trial on October 22nd and with Moon Se Young aboard, is set to be a warm favourite. (12) SKY SONG trialed up well beating a couple of these in the process in a fair time. He settled back in midfield and ran on so the wide gate may not be too disadvantageous and he can go well first-up. (1) PURGE DAY debuted over 1200M finishing back in the pack. He previously trialed well and from the inside gate should be improving for that run. (9) ONE MORE RUSH ran pleasingly enough on debut, well back behind a good winner but posting a fair time and should have some natural improvement here. Returning to the debut-makers, (11) HAMPYEONG FIGHTER looks next best having led her trial early and finishing at her own pace when passed by Munhak Chief.
|Selections||(7) Nemo Princess (12) Sky Song (1) Purge Day (9) One More Rush|
|Next Best||11, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(8) AMAZON KING has run well on both starts so far and was an improved 2nd at start number two in a fast race behind a good winner over 1000M on October 17th. He has been on-pace in both starts so far and the additional furlong shouldn’t pose a problem here. The principle danger is (3) ORGALIM, who significantly improved at his second start on October 2nd when he sat handy throughout, ultimately finishing 3rd in a good time at this distance. He draws well today and will surely be in the finish. (2) TES GO DAEBO won a trial before finishing 4th on debut over 1000M on October 16th. He went right back before running on well and may appreciate the extended trip today. (4) MEOTJIN GIROK and (10) GEUMSEONG CROWN are among others with placing hopes.
|Selections||(8) Amazon King (3) Orgalim (2) Tes Go Daebo (4) Meotjin Girok|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8, 11|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
One of the weakest maidens in some time but something has to win. On the grounds of having done least wrong so far, we’ll go with (1) MORNING PEARL. She’s raced twice so far, both at 1000M and both times she has made up good ground in the closing stages. She comes up in trip today, draws well and can win. (2) THUNDER HORSE is the only one in the field to have a top-three finish to his name, and that was recorded more than a year ago. That and his last start 4th over 1700M may be enough to make him favourite here and he has as good a chance as any. (12) WONDERFUL HAWAII has run consistent times and while they haven’t necessarily been fast, they look competitive here and she can run into at least a place. (11) SOJUNGHAN DANGSIN races for the first time since January and having looked well when 3rd in a trial in a fair time a month ago, can have claims first-up. (5) MUNHAK FOREST another who can run into a place here.
|Selections||(1) Morning Pearl (2) Thunder Horse (12) Wonderful Hawaii (11) Sojunghan Dangsin|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Big field here but (7) SANGSEUNG POWER looks ready to win. She comes up in trip following back-to-back 3rd place finishes over 1300M, both times settling midfield and finishing off well. She should be able to sit handy here and be too strong late on. (14) SMART POWER has been consistent across four starts so far and comes in following a 4th place over this distance on October 2nd. He is the only previous winner in the race and despite the wide draw, he has every chance of going close here, but may need a bit of luck to find a position early. (1) SINUI HANSU comes back in trip following a good 3rd place over 1700M on October 10th when he ran in mid-division most of the way around before finishing off well. He has beaten a few of today’s rivals across his latest couple of starts and should be beating plenty again. (12) RUNNING NUMBER ONE similarly drops back in trip, in his case following 2nd place over 1700M three weeks ago. That was an uptick on recent form and he can maintain that momentum with a bold showing here. (13) GRAND STAR has the fastest time among these at the distance and could make for an interesting outsider.
|Selections||(7) Sangseung Power (14) Smart Power (1) Sinui Hansu (12) Running Number One|
|Next Best||13, 2|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 11, 14|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(12) BYEOLUI SUNGAN comes up in class following three near-misses. On all three occasions, he has gone down to good horses though and has run well, recording good times. Her running style so far has shown she can run on so neither the wide draw or the slight step up in trip should be to her detriment and she can win. To do that she will need to pass (2) COWBOY KING. He sat handy and then ran on for a good win on debut over 1000M back on September 18th. He is up in both class and distance here but draws nicely to be on pace and could maintain his 100% record. (9) K N UNDERKING comes up in class having won at this distance at start number two on October 3rd. He sat midfield and ran on strongly that day and should measure up in this company. As for those with experience at this level, (5) COWBOY TANGO comes back in trip after a decent 4th on a very wet track over 1400M a month ago and along with (7) HWANGGEUM POWER, looks a place line here.
|Selections||(12) Byeolui Sungan (2) Cowboy King (9) K N Underking (5) Cowboy Tango|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 9|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (8) GREEN FEELSTAR has finished in the top five in all six of her outings to date, with her one win coming at this distance. She comes up in class following a close 2nd at this distance on November 3rd but looks well in here and sit behind the early speed and run on strong. (1) GUEOKMAAL has consistently run fast times at this distance and is experienced at this class. She comes in following a good 4th place at this distance in a slightly tougher race than this a month ago and from a great draw should go close. (6) HANGANG MAGIC swept home from off the pace to win smartly over 1000M at start number two on October 9th. She comes up in class and in distance but neither should be an issue and she has the potential to back up with another win. (3) BLACK SILVER comes slightly back in trip and significantly down in weight from her latest start what with an apprentice on board. She has a runner-up finish to her name at class and distance and should be in the placing frame here. (11) HWA SSI BYEOK another with money claims.
|Selections||(8) Green Feelstar (1) Gueokmaal (6) Hangang Magic (3) Black Silver|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 7: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) LUISA beat four of these when coming from just off the pace to win at class and distance on October 9th. That was her third win but she has never run worse than 5th in fourteen starts so far. She comes up slightly in the weights here but looks very much the one to beat. (1) BEST LINE got closest to Luisa in that October race having led until midway down the home straight and holding on for 2nd. She too comes up in the weights but draws very nicely and can be a danger again. (12) DAEJIUI YEOIN won her first five in a row but while she has stalled a little since reaching this class, she hasn’t been running badly with a 4th and a 3rd in fast times. The draw does her no favours today but a return to form shouldn’t be ruled out. (10) JANGSAN BADA returned from six months out to run a good 4th place over 1800M three weeks ago. He should have come on for that run and is in the hunt today. (11) WHIZ MOMENT races for the first time since June and looked well when winning an October trial.
|Selections||(8) Luisa (1) Best Line (12) Daejiui Yeoin (10) Jangsan Bada|
|Next Best||11, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 11, 12|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) MIGHTY POP came close at his latest start when beaten by Heungrok Daebu at class and distance on October 2nd. That was his first go around two turns after posting fast times at 1400M and it seemed to suit well. He is joint-top weight here but is the one to beat. Clear second choice is (10) NAMSAN SIDAE. A winner of two from five he has never finished any worse than 3rd and won gate to wire over 1400M last start. He steps up to this trip for the first time today but there is no reason why it won’t suit and he has solid claims. (12) LIONETTE ran 5th behind Mighty Pop on October 2nd and while she draws the widest gate here, she can be running on strong at the business end and should be in the placing frame. So too (9) JEONGSANG KINGDOM, who always comes from way back and will benefit from Alan Munro aboard today. (4) UNCLE BELL, who pinched an excellent 3rd place under an enterprising ride at his latest start could again be in the hunt for some minor money.
|Selections||(5) Mighty Pop (10) Namsan Sidae (12) Lionette (9) Jeongsang Kingdom|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 10, 12|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(12) ACE HAMSEONG was beaten into 3rd on his latest start which came over 1700M just two weeks ago when he went right back and ran on strongly. He comes back up slightly in trip today and that may be what he needs to return to the winner’s circle. (7) A. P. PATEK comes in off a strong 3rd place at 1700M on October 3rd. He can mix his form and can find himself getting a bit far back but he looks to have solid claims here. (11) STAR BLADE had a poor day at the office on his latest at his latest start behind A. P. Patek but is perhaps worth another chance based on his class and distance runner-up finish two starts back as well as his earlier class 5 win. He does tend to go best when on pace though so the draw is not helpful. (10) DREAM FASHION comes up in class after his second class 5 win at the distance on September 18th. He is nicely weighted here and his times should measure up at this class. (4) MANSE among others in the minor money frame.
|Selections||(12) Ace Hamseong (7) A. P. Patek (11) Star Blade (10) Dream Fashion|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 10: Class 1 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(1) WINNER GOLD is giving away at least a full 6kg to everything in this field but that is because he is rated a full twenty points higher than anything else. He comes in following back-to-back 4th place finishes in tougher company than this over 1800M and back at one-turn today can return to the winner’s circle here. (10) CHEONGDAM JEWANG possesses a super time at this distance and ran well for 4th place behind Eoma Eoma at it back in September. He doesn’t need to lead so the draw shouldn’t matter and he should be a big danger here. (8) CUPID GUY enters off a great 2nd place in a fast time at class and distance behind the excellent filly Raon First on October 17th. He made up great ground late that day and will be aiming to do the same here. (3) MIGHTY GO and (9) PENETRO among those in the minor money hunt
|Selections||(1) Winner Gold (10) Cheongdam Jewang (8) Cupid Guy (3) Mighty Go|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 7|