There is a long awaited clash at Seoul on Sunday as Korea Cup and Grand Prix Stakes winner Moonhak Chief returns to action and runs straight into this summer’s superstar Tiz Plan. However, the Seoul meeting is behind closed doors with no betting and no broadcast. The 12 race meeting at Busan (from 10:10 to 15:45) will be on international simulcast though so here are Busan previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Eight of the fourteen do around for the very first time here but there are also a couple of horses in here who are already winners. (1) GODDESS MOON looked very promising with an all the way win over this distance on December 6th following up form a runner-up finish on debut in October. She beat the other previous winner, (5) SAGARMATHA and while they are both drawn better this time, Goddess Moon is favoured to win again. It’s fair to say that the other experienced ones haven’t shown very much so we will look to the debut-makers. The only trial winner among them is (9) CHEONGMA HWANGHU who led from gate to wire in her heat two week and has to rate as a chance of going well first up. (4) GIANT CAL and (7) ALIVE CAPTAIN recorded competitive times and should also attract attention.
|Selections||(1) Goddess Moon (5) Sagarmatha (7) Alive Captain (9) Cheongma Hwanghu|
|Next Best||4, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 9, 13, 14|
Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
There is one previous winner among the field. (8) DONGBANUI SIJAK scored on debut at this distance on October 23rd but could only manage 9th on reappearance on November 29th. Coming home in 2nd place in that latter race was a debuting (6) EAST BELLE and she is the one we are going to be favouring here. From gate 6 she should be on pace from the start and can lead all the way. Another danger is (10) ETERNAL HERO. He improved to 2nd place on what was his second career outing on November 20th and looks to have plenty of scope for further development. There are five first-time starters and among them, (2) MY DESTINY and (14) GALLOP BOY looks to have the best chance of going well first-up, the latter despite the wide draw.
|Selections||(6) East Belle (10) Eternal Hero (8) Dongbanui Sijak (2) My Destiny|
|Next Best||2, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(14) YEONGGWANGUI POWER has a 3rd and a 2nd from two starts so far with the latter being at this distance just two weeks ago. That form is significantly superior to any of his rivals here and the wide draw notwithstanding, he could well be winning this. (3) BEAUTIFUL KING came from off the pace to run a useful 4th over 1000M on November 20th. Although his debut at this distance didn’t go especially well, he looks as though he is ready for another crack and should go close here. (1) ROCKET GO and (5) BIHO SUN could improve from adequate if completely unspectacular debuts, while among the first-timers, (4) B J SONG is perhaps the pick.
|Selections||(14) Yeonggwangui Power (3) Beautiful King (4) B J Song (1) Rocket Go|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 11 14|
Race 4: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
A weak maiden here. (6) BEASTLY ran just two weeks away and was well fancied having run 4th and 2nd in two prior starts. From the inside gate he led, before the wheels came off in the home straight and he finished well back. Regardless of that, in this company today and bearing in mind what we know he can do, he must be given another chance here. (3) DARUI BADA ran a much-improved 4th last start over this distance putting in a reasonably competitive time and can build on that today. It is slim pickings behind them with any of the rest capable of placing. (14) SHE JUST QUEENDOM has shown ability in the past and while she was very slow in a recent trial, could be better now she is back at the races. (5) CHARGE POWER and (13) QUEEN OF THE QUEEN are others who can find the money.
|Selections||(6) Beastly (3) Darui Bada (5) Charge Power (13) Queen Of The Queen|
|Next Best||14, 8|
|Fast Start||6, 7|
Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(5) YEONGSEONGTEUKGEUP got was able to pick up two consecutive wins at class 6 level including a very nice all the way score a month ago. This time he does have to go up in class but there looks to be more improvement in the tank, and he can make it three in a row here. (12) BODE BLADE is also up in class. He was well back behind Yeonseongteukgeup on debut but rebounded to win over 1000M on November 6th with (7) BAEDARI SUNSHINE 2nd and also up in class here. Both have a bit to find. (2) HAPPY YOJEONG comes in following a strong 2nd over 1300M at this class and has to be a chance while (4) SISEON GANGTAL and (9) DALLAE are among others with placing claims.
|Selections||(5) Yeongseongteukgeup (2) Happy Yojeong (12) Bode Blade (4) Siseon Gangtal|
|Next Best||9, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 9, 14|
Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 28 Million
(1) PERFECT JEWANG has been a model of consistency across six starts so far never finishing any worse than 5th. Two starts back he beat three of these on his way to 3rd place and then followed up with a 2nd at class and distance two weeks ago. He has the fastest time of any of these at the distance and he looks the one to beat today. (11) DOCTOR GREY is up in class following a smart win at this distance on November 8th and is likely to be a danger. The draw shouldn’t be a problem as he doesn’t need to lead. (7) OASIS GIRL is a winner at this distance and while well back behind Perfect Jewang two starts back, has proven competitive at this level and can be in the placing frame again. (3) WONDERFUL FLASH and (6) YESULUI GYEUNGJI, the latter third up today after a long layoff, are others with minor money claims.
|Selections||(1) Perfect Jewang (11) Doctor Grey (7) Oasis Girl (3) Wonderful Flash|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 8, 13|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 28 Million
(11) SONIC KING IJI beat three of these on his way to a maiden win at start number two on November 15th. The Exaggerator colt showed a nice turn of foot and while carries a couple more kilos today, he has every chance of following up with another win. (9) QUEEN MARVEL IJI was 3rd in that race, less than two-lengths in arrears. She’s yet to win in ten starts but her two outings this campaign have been very good and she should be a danger here. (4) ACE KILLER was promising on debut in the same race in 4th and improvement can’t be ruled out here. (6) TRAFFIC MARINE came from well back to score a somewhat unexpected win at class and distance a month ago. He’d done precisely nothing prior to that but does need to be respected. There are three debut makers and (13) GALAXY ORB looks the pick of them having led all the way to win his trial.
|Selections||(11) Sonic King Iji (9) Queen Marvel Iji (4) Ace Killer (13) Galaxy Orb|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 10, 11|
Race 8: Class 3 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 32 Million
(5) STAR OREUM is a winner of six of twelve starts including his latest two, beating three of these on his way to a comfortable victory over 1400M last time out. He also holds the fastest time amongst these at this distance by some margin and has every chance of winning again today. (14) SPICE CANDY could only manage 6th behind Star Oreum last start but has been generally consistent across her eight outings to date and should run close today. (8) MAN OF THE FIELD ran well for 2nd place first up at 1400M last month and he too looks set to be competitive here. (1) YEONGGWANGUI FIGHT and (3) CHOEGANG TOUCH came home 2nd and 4th respectively when they raced one another at 1400M two weeks ago and they join (12) YONGYEON among others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(5) Star Oreum (14) Spice Candy (8) Man Of The Field (12) Yongyeon|
|Next Best||3, 13|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 10, 13, 14|
Race 9: Class 5 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Trickly little race this. (12) CLEAN HIT has won two from three so far with his latest coming at this class over 1200M. He’s up in distance today and so far he has been very much a front-runner so the draw is a concern but he looks capable of winning here. (2) GOOD SOCKS came home in 3rd place in what has ended up as Busan’s championship juvenile race at the end of November. True, it was over 1200M and she was thirteen lengths behind the winner, but she looks a good prospect nonetheless. (1) HANEUL ULLIM is up in class having scored twice at class 6. He came from way back to win over 1200M in October but impressed with a front-running performance at 1300M a month ago. From the inside gate he can get to the front and cause problems here. (6) BULMYEORUI GIL beat three of these on his way to 2nd at this class over a mile last month. He has won at this distance and will be a threat. (5) MAGIC HORSE and (10) SUN ALPHA others who can go close.
|Selections||(1) Haneul Ullim (12) Clean Hit (2) Good Socks (6) Bulmyeorui Gil|
|Next Best||5, 10, 14|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 12|
Race 10: Class 4 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 28 Million
A really competitive race here. (4) MR. HANSEN won three in a row but got turned over on his return from five months out on November 27th. He should have come on for that run and could be back to his best here. (10) CHEONGDAM FIRE beat Mr. Hansen that day. He has won at this distance before and should be a danger. (7) MY QUEEN and (8) MUNHWA SIGNATURE both come in off fast wins at this distance with the latter’s having come at this level. My Queen needs to lead and if she does get to the front, she may be difficult to dislodge. For Munhak Signature that win was a big improvement in performance. Another last start class and distance winner is (11) YEONGGWANGUICHUKJE. The start before he was beaten by My Queen and (12) BORNE MATTE but warrants respect with You Hyun-myung continuing aboard. Then there is (1) NEW PROSPECT. He was an excellent winner over a mile when we last saw him in August and looked in decent shape when trialing up in a good time alongside some very good horses last week.
|Selections||(4) Mr. Hansen (1) New Prospect (7) My Queen (8) Munhwa Signature|
|Next Best||10, 11, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 12|
Race 11: Class 1 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Two proper Busan heavyweights take to the track here in the shape of (1) BAENGMUNBAKDAP and (14) DORAONPOGYEONGSEON. Both enter in good form with the former dropping back in trip and the latter stepping back up, but on their day both are capable of recording times at this distance that would be very hard for the others to match. (4) CORE BLADE beat four of these on his way to a very good 2nd to Seobu Cat over 1200M on November 15th. While that may be his best distance, he would have to rate as a danger again. (11) WORLD DAY and (7) KING OF GLORY came home 3rd and 4th in that same race, and both are capable of challenging for even better here. (3) MUJEOK YEONGUNG’s latest two have both been at 1200M and he should appreciate being put back up to a distance at which he won in fast time back in August.
|Selections||(14) Doraonpogyeongseon (1) Baengmunbaekdap (4) Core Blade (11) World Day|
|Next Best||7, 3, 6, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8, 9, 10|
Race 12: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 32 Million
Another really good race to finish with. (2) GEUMA KAIROS returns to action for the first time since winning at the distance at class 4 level in August. The time he recorded that day on a dry track would be enough to win most 1800M races at this class and he looked well in two November trials. He has every chance of leading all the way here. (8) POWER TRAIN was beaten by a couple of these at a mile three weeks ago, bringing to an end a run of four consecutive wins. He was a really good winner at this distance two starts back though so come back into contention today. (5) RETURN OF SUBSIDY is another who gets on well at 1800M and beat four of these on his way to 2nd place on November 6th. (14) GOLDEN WINNER actually has the fastest time in the field at 1800M and comes in having made all for a very good score in a fast time over 1400M just two weeks ago. His running style isn’t necessarily ideal given the draw, but he should be competitive. (4) DAEMANGUI GIL and (6) CURLIN FANTASY are among a host of others with claims.
|Selections||(2) Geuma Kairos (8) Power Train (5) Return Of Subsidy (14) Golden Winner|
|Next Best||4, 6, 1, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 7, 14|