There are 11 Saturday races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) YOLO enters after back to back 3rd places at the distance and seems to be figuring things out and beat a couple of these last time. He gets out of the gate well and if he can get to the lead then he’ll be the one to beat. The in-form Antonio Da Silva partners (7) RAON PRO SENSE, a much improved 2nd at 1200M last time. He should be on pace early too and can go well again. (6) JOEUN NADEURI and (9) BEST HUNTER both enter improved showings. The former was 4th behind Yolo last time while latter is a five-year-old who has only run twice but could yet eke out a decent career. (2) MIDAS CHIEF is another with scope for improvement.
|Selections||(4) Yolo (7) Raon Pro Sense (6) Joeun Nadeuri (9) Best Hunter|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Take Charge Indy is one of the most exciting young stallions to be imported to Korea in recent times to the extent that some back in the USA have lamented his sale. His first Korean crop is yet to take to the track but in the meantime, we have a foal of his, (2) LUCAS, who was imported in-utero, making her debut here in this valuable juvenile contest. Lucas took a couple of trials to get her bearings but showed some ability in a heat at the end of May and has as much chance as any here, likely looking to lead from the start. (5) WINNING BLADE was half a length behind Lucas in that trial and can also go well first up. (11) ULTRA CHAMPION was faster than both of them in his trial and the Gemologist gelding will have plenty of backers of his own. (1) DAE WAN MA and (6) RAON JAMES are others who caught the eye in trials. As ever with a race like this, watch the market for additional clues.
|Selections||(2) Lucas (5) Winning Blade (11) Ultra Champion (1) Dae Wan Ma|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 11|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(10) FAST FASHION beat a couple of these on his way to 2nd place over 1700M four weeks ago. That was his first start since early February and he looked a much better prospect. Back down in trip today, he looks a solid contender. (2) BRAVO ILSIN comes in having recorded his best finish to date in 3rd over this distance on May 20th. He was able to get to the front for the first time that day and similar tactics will be expected here. (3) ROAD MAN too enters off a career-best 2nd three weeks ago, albeit beaten seven-lengths by a good winner and he should get close. (4) GOLD STREET, 5th behind Fast Fashion last time, and (11) DAE CAIN are others who should be in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(10) Fast Fashion (2) Bravo Ilsin (3) Road Man (11) Dae Cain|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 6|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
She’s registered a 3rd and a 2nd from her latest two, both at class and distance, and it’s hard to see anything stopping (5) JEJUI BARAM from getting her second career win here. She’s well drawn to get out of the gate on top and she should then take some beating. The very experienced (3) LITTLE LIGHT has run well for 3rd in each of her two most recent efforts and she can go close again while (4) FANTASTIC QUEEN was well back behind Jejui Baram last time but is better than that and can get closer today. (7) J.S STORM remains a maiden but his latest 6th of 12 was in tougher company than this and he can target a place. (9) BLUE ANNA is up in class following her maiden win a month ago and she too can be competitive.
|Selections||(5) Jejui Baram (3) Little Light (4) Fantastic Queen (9) Blue Anna|
|Next Best||7, 8|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(12) ARGO ROCKET has reached class 4 in double-quick time after a pair of victories, both at this level. She’s got talent but she’s going to have to improve if she is to maintain her 100% record here. (3) MAGIC ROAD is up in class too, following two wins and a 2nd place finish. She will join Argo Rocket on the early place and has a good chance of going all the way. (5) GEOSEON MAPUNG enters having won her latest two, the most recent of which was at class and distance on May 19th. That day (4) BLUE EMPIRE and (8) WOMAN VOLT came home in 2nd and 3rd with just over a length separating the three of them. The latter two are imports who have both only run twice each and both have solid claims to continue their development and overturn that form today.
|Selections||(3) Magic Road (8) Woman Volt (4) Blue Empire (5) Geoseon Mapung|
|Next Best||12, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 11, 12|
Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) WOOSEORA ICHEON comes in off a strong of solid efforts at this class, not missing by much and today could be the day when he gets it right. He’s not a fast starter but can settle just behind the early leaders and finish strongly. (4) SOMETHING MYSTERY was a touch disappointing, weakening late when well backed at class and distance on May 27th but is worth another chance here and is likely to be on the early speed. The other leading contenders are all up in class today. (5) GANGHWA CHONGGAK was a five-length winner over the distance four weeks ago and while this is obviously tougher, he can be competitive. (3) HANIL DREAM and (10) SPECIAL WINNER have both been promoted despite remaining maidens. Both were beaten by useful animals last time though and should have few issues at this class.
|Selections||(7) Wooseora Icheon (5) Ganghwa Chonggak (4) Something Mystery (10) Special Winner|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Two standouts here and they raced against each other last time. That was on May 26th at class and distance and (4) FOREVER WINNER beat (8) SOMETHING DELIGHT by a full six-lengths as the pair came home 2nd and 3rd. That was unexpected but Something Delight was slowly away that day and onlyreally got into top gear when it was too late. Given more of a chance today, he can overturn that from. (2) THE JIJON is likely to join Forever Winner on the early speed and should stay on to play a role in the finish. (11) DUSON WANGJA comes in off a good 2nd place at class and distance at the end of last month and should be a contender too. (3) SISPUMA WINNER was back down the track in 6th place that day but has proven to be capable at this level in the past.
|Selections||(8) Something Delight (4) Forever Winner (2) The Jijon (11) Duson Wangja|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 10|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Competitive race with (8) BEST YEJI likely to be slightly favoured following 3rd place at class and distance last month in what was perhaps a marginally stiffer contest than this. The trac was very wet that day so conditions will be different this time, but she can be respected. (1) BROWN BOMBER is up in class today having persistently come close at class 5. It is quite an achievement (a rather dubious one) to get to class 4 without a win but Brown Bomber is a decent colt who just keeps on running into one or two who are too quick. That will probably be the case today, but he can’t be completely ruled out. That’s because this isn’t an especially strong race. (6) DAVIKI has shown a couple of glimpses across three starts so far and can continue to improve here while (5) HWANGGEUM DEULPAN can be forgiven a poor spin over 1000M last month and given another chance back up in trip today. (9) INCHEON CHAMP ran adequately on his first try at the distance on May 20th and can build on it here.
|Selections||(8) Best Yeji (1) Brown Bomber (6) Daviki (9) Incheon Champ|
|Next Best||5, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Competitive race this. (3) YEOKDAE CHOESANG was 3rd in a small but useful field at class and distance three weeks ago. She was nine-lengths behind the winner that day, but it continued a run of decent for from her and she can win this. (8) GWANAK HAMSEONG and (2) SEONGEUN GANGJA came home 3rd and 5th respectively when they raced at class and distance on May 19th. There was a full ten-lengths in margin between them that day but while Gwanak Hamseong is still the more preferred of the pair, it should be a bit closer here. (4) JUNGDONG JIJON and (6) ETERNAL KOREA are both racing at this distance for the very first time and for both, it could well suit.
|Selections||(3) Yeokdae Choesang (8) Gwanak Hamseong (6) Eternal Korea (2) Seongeun Gangja|
|Next Best||4, 5|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) DREAM INDY got his maiden win at the fifth time of asking at this distance on May 27th. He made all that day to win by a comfortable three-lengths. He’s never been worse than 3rd and looks to have more development in him so while he is up in class here, he’s a warm favourite to lead all the way again. (5) SPEED IS KHAN is also up in class following a win at the distance and while he does have a bit more to find, he can be competitive. Stiffer challenges may come from (2) JEULGEOUN HAMSEONG, a class and distance winner and 3rd last time out in a similar strength race to this, and (6) K.N BLUE. K.N Blue got promoted to this level with a good win at this distance in March and then ran 3rd when relatively unfancied on May 20th and should be in the hunt here. (4) NALSSAEN GANGHO also outperformed expectations last time and is the wildcard pick here.
|Selections||(1) Dream Indy (6) K.N Blue (2) Jeulgeoun Hamseong (5) Speed Is Khan|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) CLEAN UP BOARD returned from six months off to run a very solid 3rd at class and distance on May 26th. He should have come on for that run and looks the one to beat here. (3) DAONMARI similarly returned from a lengthy spell to run 5th at 1400M a day later. She’s won four from nine in total and back at 1200M today can be a danger. She’ll be on pace early. (2) GRAY SOCKS returns from a seven-month layoff of his own and makes his first start for trainer Simon Foster. He was very quick in trials last month and comes straight into contention. (10) STORM RYKER landed back to back wins at 1000M and 1200M I n March and April, including one at this level. He led for much of his latest race five weeks ago before weakening a little close to home and he can be considered again. (11) SUN LIGHTING is a hard one to get right but has plenty of talent. She missed the break last time before flying home for 6th and comes in after twelve weeks off as the wildcard.
|Selections||(4) Clean Up Board (2) Gray Socks (11) Sun Lighting (3) Daonmari|
|Next Best||10, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7, 10|