There are 11 Saturday races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(7) MENI BLADE came up a little short when favourite on debut a month ago, finishing strongly but just running out of track over 1200M. She’s up to 1300M today and will take some beating. (4) SUJEBI was 6th that day and is one who could potentially give Meni Blade a run for her money although the main danger is likely to be (8) SANTOS. True, his only previous start at this distance was his worst performance to date but he ran nicely at 1000M last month, should be on the pace here and can improve. (3) MACH SEUNGNI and (5) MEGA CITY look best of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Meni Blade (8) Santos (4) Sujebi (5) Mega City|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 8|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Pretty weak maiden this although that does make it quite interesting betting-wise. (3) RAON GANGHO is the pick following and improved 4th at the distance last time out. He was a full seven-lengths behind the winner but all three who beat him that day are better than what he faces here – the 3rd place-getter went on to win last week. (9) KHENDUM POWER beat three of these on his was to 5th place at the distance on April 1st and should beat plenty again. That too was a better race than this and he should improve his finishing position. Luigi Riccardi’s (12) GAJA GAJA started badly and never became involved on her latest effort three weeks ago but showed some ability the time before that and could go close. (2) KAY ONE ahould be on the early speed and looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Raon Gangho (9) Khendum Power (12) Gaja Gaja (2) Kay One|
|Next Best||11, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 9, 12|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) GLOBAL QUEEN won on debut all the way back on Christmas Day 2016. She didn’t race again for fifteen months. However, when she finally came back on March 25th this year, she ran very well, finishing 2nd at class and distance and has a very good chance of winning this all-filly contest from the front. (10) MAGIC ROAD certainly caught the eye when running out a seven-length winner on debut on March 31st. She’s up in class here and should have claims again. (12) MENI SMART won over 1300M on her second career start in January. Lameness forced her to be scratched from a planned outing last month but fit again, she should go close here and can overcome the wide draw to get on speed early. (2) ROYAL BRONZE is more experienced and can be competitive in this company. (9) FOREVER WINNER was an all-the-way winner at 1300M on March 3rd and while she is up in class and back in trip, she too can go close.
|Selections||(4) Global Queen (10) Magic Road (12) Meni Smart (2) Royal Bronze|
|Next Best||9, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 12|
Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) GULCHARMNAMUSUP beat (12) RAON RRIMER as the pair finished 1st and 2nd on what was both their debut outing at 1000M on January 20th. Since then, Raon Primer secured another 2nd place at that distance which got her promoted to this level and then followed up with a close 3rd at this level over 1300M on March 25th. That was a decent race and her performance that day is enough to give her the slight edge here. For her part, Gulcharmnamusup has run just once since that day in January, finishing a creditable enough 4th again at 1000M on early March. He steps up in trip for the first time and should be in the frame again. Both will face a stern test from (1) GUREUM SONJITHAE. Like Raon Primer, he is yet to get a win but now has three 2nd place finishes including last time out four weeks ago. (2) KKEULEOJUNEUN SON has been a frustrating one to watch, coming 4th in a big juvenile race last autumn yet still failing to make a winning breakthrough. She comes in off fourteen weeks off and hopefully it has done her some good. (6) HANIL MAGIC best of the rest.
|Selections||(12) Raon Primer (1) Gureum Sonjithae (3) Gulcharmnamusup (2) Kkeuleojuneun Son|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 8, 12|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(12) HANYANG GONGJU remains a maiden but has a 3rd and two 2nd place finishes from three starts to date. That’s enough for her to be up in class today but while this is a competitive race, there’s nothing she should fear, and she can make light of the wide draw to get on pace early and potentially go all the way. Also up in class is (11) EAST KINGDOM. He arrives having won at the distance on March 17th and jockey Lee Hyeok is likely to try to repeat his tactics that day of taking a sit early and finishing strongly. (5) DICE KING went well over 1700M four weeks ago, finishing 4th and drops back to the trip at which his solitary win to date arrived and he should be taken seriously. (6) STRONG MAN and (7) CALLING KING are others who should be in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(12) Hanyang Gongju (11) East Kingdom (5) Dice King (6) Strong Man|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 12|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) HEUNG BARAM registered back to back wins at the end of last year to rapidly get promoted to this class. He’s only raced once in 2018, just beaten a length in 3rd over this distance on February 24th and comes in here fresh with very solid claims. (7) MYEONGPUM BOBAE finished 4th of 11 over 1300M on her first try at this class on March 31st, leading until the closing stages. Her win came at this distance though and she’ll be looking to go all the way again. (2) DALLYEORA LEO has lots of experience at this class and should be beating plenty while (8) BEST EFFECT too has proven competitive and should be in the hunt for at least a place. (6) CHEONGDAM TIGER did absolutely nothing in two starts last year but trialled up very well just two weeks ago. Caution is needed as prior to both those poor runs in 2017, he also trialled nicely but watch the market as he was certainly looking very capable in the morning.
|Selections||(5) Heung Baram (7) Myeongpum Bobae (6) Cheongdam Tiger (8) Best Effect|
|Next Best||2, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 7, 9|
Race 7: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
One of these two-turn maiden races where anything can happen. (8) GOLD STREET, who tries the distance for the first time is the pick, having put in encouraging runs at sprint trips, finishing off nicely each time but with too much to do and with any luck, the additional distance will suit. It certainly suited (10) CHANGSEONG GANGJA when he was stepped up to it on March 31st, running 2nd and he looks to be the main danger. (6) CUPID DATE was 5th in that same race on what for him too was a first try at 1700M and he also has a chance of getting closer today. (3) NEULPUREUN CHEONHA’s latest couple haven’t been impressive but he gets another chance today with David Breux riding for the first time. (9) UJU BADA looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Gold Street (10) Changseong Gangja (3) Neulpureun Cheonha (6) Cupid Date|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||5, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(3) SUN SMART finished off 2017 with back to back wins at this distance including a four-length score at this class in December. She’s only raced once so far this year, running 3rd in a good race over 1800M in February. Back to 1700M today, she should be on pace early and can win again. (6) MIDAS WAY got his maiden win at the thirteenth time of asking over 1800M on March 25th. He carries an additional 5kg today, but a repeat isn’t impossible. (10) GIDONG DAEJANG was a class 5 winner at this distance in February and then ran a good 3rd behind Musa at the end of March. Back up in trip today, he could come close. (7) THUNDER MARINE is up in both class and distance after a narrow win at 1300M a month ago and can be considered while the experienced (9) RAIN SKY is another who can go close in this company.
|Selections||(3) Sun Smart (6) Midas Way (10) Gidong Daejang (7) Thunder Marine|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 11|
Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) TOSCONOVA CAT was a commanding five-length winner of a good race over 1300M on March 31st. He’s up in class here and significantly in distance too but there’s no reason why it won’t suit. We’ll likely see him on the front early and he could well stay on. Two turns suited (4) MALIBU BULPAE when registering a victory over 1700M on April 1st. He’s up in class too and has every chance of going well again. (8) ARCH ARCH was an improved 2nd over 1700M just two weeks ago, flashing home late and can repeat or go even better with the extra half furlong to play with. (10) FANTASTIC COMBI is up in class after winning at 1700M six weeks ago and he along with (9) CHUKACHUKA are others to consider.
|Selections||(7) Tosconova Cat (8) Arch Arch (4) Malibu Bulpae (10) Fantastic Combi|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9|
Races 10 & 11 are not scheduled to be simulcast overseas – here are selections only:
Race 10: 9, 7, 2, 8
Race 11: 12, 5, 6, 3