Another cold spell has gripped the peninsula this weekend but racing will be going ahead as usual at both Seoul & Busan on Sunday. There are 11 races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00 and 6 at Busan from 12:40 to 17:05. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6: Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(3) THUNDER MARINE has come close in each of three outings so far and while he could only manage 4th when favourite last time, he can get the early lead here and make all. (4) ILGAKSU and (1) MACHO HIME finished 2nd and 4th when they raced each other at the distance on January 7th and both can challenge again. Ilgaksu will most likely challenge Thunder Marine on the early pace and looks to have the best chance of beating him. 5th in that race was (2) JOEUN NADEURI, who is a little more experienced and already has a 3rd place to her name. She can go well here. Also experienced and in the frame is (5) CHOWON YEOJEONSA, who comes in off a best so far 2nd. Wildcard could be (8) INDIAN ECO who has been unspectacular but competent in both efforts so far.
|Selections||(3) Thunder Marine (4) Ilgaksu (1) Macho Hime (5) Chowon Yeojeonsa|
|Next Best||8, 2|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(6) SEUNGRI PLUS was a well beaten 4th behind a good winner on December 23rd, but it was an encouraging first try at this distance and he looks to have scope to improve today. She can get on the early speed and go all the way. Also looking for a fast start will be (9) CHEON BYEOL, who after an inauspicious debut, has followed up with back to back 4th place finishes and can also improve. (11) SKY DOLPUNG put in a useful 3rd place a month ago and should be in at least the placing frame again while (3) ROYAL PRINCE and (7) BRILLIANT are others to consider.
|Selections||(6) Seungri Plus (9) Cheon Byeol (11) Sky Dolpung (7) Brilliant|
|Next Best||3, 4|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 9|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) STAR CAT finds herself up in class despite remaining a maiden but the manner of her back to back runner-up finishes suggests that she has a win in her and also that she should have little to fear at class 5, especially in an all-filly contest such as this. She’ll likely be on or close to the early speed. (12) BIG EAR was a very easy winner on debut but didn’t go quite so well when sent off as favourite on his first try at this class over 1200M on December 17th. He’ll have to overcome the wide draw but he should be in contention here. (1) RUBY BEOLKIN remains winless after ten attempts but shouldn’t be too far away while (4) CHO ORONG MA and (9) ROYAL PARK are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(5) Star Cat (12) Big Ear (1) Ruby Beolkin (4) Cho Orong Ma|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 12|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) AMENDA has closed from well off the pace to for a win and 2nd place in her latest two starts, both at this distance and the most recent of which was at this class. She’s been drawn inside today though and we’re going to expect her to go straight to the front and look to lead all the way. Perhaps a little ironically, while we expect the closer to try to lead here, the threats are likely to come from behind. (10) SPECIAL LIGHT and (12) MAMKKEOT DALYEO are both proven money winners (if not actual winners) at this distance and can finish strongly while (3) SKY BIG steps back in trip after a reasonable showing at 1700M last time and can go close. (7) GWACHEON TUHON and the up in class and back from a spell (8) KING EXPLOIT are others to look out for.
|Selections||(1) Amenda (10) Special Light (3) Sky Big (12) Mamkkeot Dalyeo|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9, 12|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Having breezed through a trial, (5) LUCKY ROOKIE was a comfortable winner on debut on December 17th, sitting handy early before going clear in the closing stages. He returns here up in class but at the same distance and in with a chance. A week later, (10) SEUNGNI NARAE did the same thing, comfortably winning on debut and is in the same position of being up in class with a chance. (9) BLACK WIND and (4) LEAD UP came home 2nd and 3rd at class and distance in December. The latter went on to run 6th of 12 at the start of January and both can be in the frame again here. (2) EAGLE SKY was considered good enough to run in a top juvenile race las October. He came 11th of 14 before then running last over 1300M in December. He went back to trial after that and returned, looking better when 4th at this distance three weeks ago and can continue to improve today.
|Selections||(10) Seungni Narae (5) Lucky Rookie (2) Eagle Sky (9) Black Wind|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) ORYONG could only manage 5th when well backed on what was his first try at this distance two weeks ago but he got a bad trip that day, checking at the start and having further problems in running later. He’s sent back out again quickly and this time he should win. (9) ARAM NARAE finds herself up in class having finished runner-up in both her outings to date. She was beaten by Oryong on debut and by another decent looking (more…)