Fillies and mares take centre-stage this weekend with the final leg of the 2017 Queens’ Tour, the Gyeongnam Governor’s Cup, run at Busan on Sunday. Having comfortably won the first two legs, Silver Wolf will be looking to make it a clean-sweep in the 2000M local Group 3 event. Before that though there is plenty of racing to get through beginning on Friday at Busan with 11 races from 11:30 to 18:00. Time to get stuck in:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(6) ISLE CAT has shown promise in three outings to date and looks to have the edge here following a 4th place at the distance in tougher company a month ago. (1) HANEOLUI GISANG and (4) GOLDEN AGE both have second place finishes at the distance to their names and should get close while (7) ROYAL RIVER was an improved 3rd on latest effort and can come under consideration.
|Selections||(6) Isle Cat (1) Haneolui Gisang (4) Golden Age (7) Royal River|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(7) DONE IT MY and (3) GIPPEUM SARANG came home 3rd and 4th at the distance on September 8th. The former went on to run 5th in a similar race last month while for the latter today is her first time back and both look to be strong contenders in this very modest contest. Gippeum Sarang is likely to lead early and that’s enough to make her favourite. It’s hard to make much of a case for the others. (2) GOLDEN KNIGHT hasn’t beaten many in three outings to date but jockey booking catches the eye while it’s a similar story with (4) THUNDER GLORY. (1) EVER GOOD TIME does have a little bit more form behind him but was beaten by Done It My and Gippeum Sarang in that September race.
|Selections||(3) Gippeum Sarang (7) Done It My (1) Ever Good Time (2) Golden Knight|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
Juveniles here with four debut-makers against five with experience and it should be a relatively straightforward task for (6) TRINITY to get the lead from the gate and go all the well. She was a good 2nd behind a decent winner last start and should have too much for this lot. Should things not go to plan then (7) BIRYONGUI HUYE, who has beaten Trinity in both a trial and on what was both their debut a month ago would be the one to take advantage and will likely also challenge for the early speed. (4) PEACE TOUR debuted inauspiciously over 1200M but may be better at the minimum here while of the first-timers, (8) PERFECT BOSS trialled up the best.
|Selections||(6) Trinity (7) Biryongui Huye (8) Perfect Boss (4) Peace Tour|
|Next Best||3, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 7|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only hence the enhanced prize-money and a couple of them look capable of making their maiden breakthroughs. (3) BOLD RULES was favourite to do exactly that last time out and did lead before weakening in slightly tougher company than this two weeks ago. She should be on the early speed again and is worth another chance. The other standout is (5) DYNAMIC RUN, close in her latest three and another front-runner. The pair of them should fill out the quinella here. Only a neck separated (11) JOYFUL MEMORY and (2) SAEROUN STAR when they raced each other over a mile three weeks ago and they both step back in trip here a move that is likely to favour the former who is another who will want to get a fast start. (9) HAEDONG YEOGEOL’s latest two have been unimpressive but improvement here is possible.
|Selections||(3) Bold Rules (5) Dynamic Run (11) Joyful Memory (9) Haedong Yeogeol|
|Next Best||2, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 11|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
Small field of juveniles, three of whom raced one another on debut over 1200M on October 13th. And it’s those three who are likely to top the betting market in the same order they finished that day. (2) NANGMAN JEONSA beat both (4) YONGGU and (5) SMART BANK in handy fashion on his way to 4th place that day and will be favoured to win here. That race was by no means a strong one but the three of them all looked competent enough to suggest they can progress. As for the remainder, (6) JEIL MUJEOK never got going on debut over 1000M but had previously shown some ability in trials so gets another look here while Thomas Gillespie may also have found some improvement in (8) DYNAMIC RAMBO who was similarly underwhelming on her own debut last month.
|Selections||(2) Nangman Jeonsa (4) Yonggu (5) Smart Bank (6) Jeil Mujeok|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 9|
Race 6: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Tricky test this but it could well be time for (2) I’M ADELE to get her maiden win at what will be her twelfth attempt. She took to this distance well last start, running on strongly and this could be her day at last. Plenty more in the hunt too though with (3) INDIAN GANGJA a good 2nd in a fast race at the distance a month ago, finishing just ahead of (9) SAMSEONG BLADE. Both have claims here as does the up in class (5) BEONKWAE JANGGUN, a decent winner at a mile last month with (11) SEOGANGDAERO not without a chance either.
|Selections||(2) I’m Adele (9) Samseong Blade (3) Indian Gangja (5) Beonkwae Janggun|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||4, 5|
Race 7: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) DIVIDE WIND got his maiden win On October 13th with a strong front-running performance at this minimum distance and while he is up in class today, he’ll be favourite to immediately follow up. (8) SEOGANG JILJU was eye-catching in his own maiden victory the same day and is similarly up in class with claims as well as is (3) RAON POWER, a narrow winner over 1200M on what was just his own second outing. Those three juveniles are the top picks but of the more experienced ones, (10) MAKGANG BOLT and (12) PEACE BERY ran ok together three weeks ago and although neither looks a likely winner here, they could find some minor prize money.
|Selections||(7) Divide Wind (8) Seogang Jilju (3) Raon Power (10) Makgang Bolt|
|Next Best||12, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 7|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
Small field here and having run 3rd in the track’s top Juvenile race two weeks ago, (5) YEONGHUI SIDAE is strongly favoured to return to the winner’s circle here. She’d won her previous three in good fashion and should have too much for the rest of these. (4) HAEUNDAE YEOGEOL bear (8) ROYAL KELLY by a nose as the pair raced 1st and 2nd at class and distance on October 20th and they look to be the main dangers here; the air of them will likely lead from the gate while Yeonghui Sidae may take a little longer to hit top speed. (1) CHARTERED DREAM was back in the field that day but is capable of better.
|Selections||(5) Yeonghui Sidae (8) Royal Kelly (4) Haeundae Yeogeol (1) Chartered Dream|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
(10) DUBAI FORWARD was 2nd to the highly-thought of Yeonghui Sidae (who we saw in race 8), just beaten a nose over 1200M on what was his second start in September. While he could only manage 4th when favourite on reappearance three weeks ago, he is the one to beat today. (7) US MAN is still seeking his first victory after eighteen attempts but comes in having secured his two best finishes to date in his latest outings and he’ll be in with a chance of at least a place again. There is one debut-maker here and any Kim Young Kwan trained horse is going to get backed first-up. $80K Majestic Warrior import (1) FINEST WARRIOR is no exception and did ok in a trial last month. (4) BRAVO MARINE and the vastly experienced (11) AJU PUJIMHAN look best of the rest.
|Selections||(10) Dubai Forward (1) Finest Warrior (7) US Man (11) Aju Pujimhan|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 10|
Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
7) USAIN NUT is up in class having won his latest two at this distance and a mile in good fashion. He’s come from wide draws both times and looks nicely in here for a potential repeat. It’s a tough contest though. (3) FEISTY took to this distance very well when running a slightly unexpected 2nd place over 1800M a month ago and well go even better today while (2) MUJEOK SINHWA beat three of these when running 4th at class and distance two weeks ago and looks strongly in the frame today. (1) FOUR NINES returns to action for the first time since April. He’s up in class and up to this distance for the first time but looked sharp enough in a trial and is nicely weighted here. (5) BAROGA looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Feisty (7) Usain Nut (1) Four Nines (2) Mujeok Sinhwa|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 10|
Race 11: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(2) HYPER LOOP beat four of these when scoring by two-lengths at class and distance on October 13th. He sat just behind the early lead that day, hitting the front just over a furlong out and running on nicely. He carries an extra 4.5kg today but could repeat. Among those behind Hyper Loop that day, (4) BARAMUI HEUNJEOK and (7) BARAMUI JEONSEOL probably have the best chance of overturning the form although (8) WORLD LOVE is a consistent type who is never usually too far away. However, the main danger is the still lightly-raced (6) PERLIN. He races for the first time since a seven-length stroll at the distance in August and while up in class today, looks to have plenty of potential for more.
|Selections||(6) Perlin (2) Hyper Loop (7) Baramui Jeonseol (4) Baramui Heunjeok|
|Next Best||8, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 9|