It’s turned cold in Korea! Saturday sees 12 races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only to kick us off and (9) AMENDA has come close in her latest and arrives here looking ready to win. She needs a good start but so long as she gets it, she’ll be hard to beat. (1) C.K. QUEEN a bit unexpectedly showed some form racing 3rd last start in similar strength company and could follow up here while (3) SEOURI BYEOL has taken some time getting into top gear in her two outings so far and should appreciate the longer trip today. Two of (7) YEOWOORI’s starts so far have been in big juvenile races so clearly she is rated at home and we’ll expect improvement today while (6) DORAON PACHYAI did show some of the aforementioned improvement on latest effort and can go close again.
|Selections||(9) Amenda (3) Seouri Byeol (1) C.K. Queen (7) Yeowoori|
|Next Best||6, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(6) CLEAN UP TEUKGEUP was first past the post on debut on October 1st but was subsequently demoted to 2nd for interfering with the 2nd placed horse. The one that got promoted that day went on to win again well last week so we’ll expect Clean Up Teukgeup to do things cleanly today. (2) STRONG CAPTAIN was 2nd behind a good winner last time and can get even closer here while likewise (8) JUMEOK DOKKI showed good improvement over 1200M three weeks ago and looks set for another good run. The sole debut-maker is (3) FLYING HERA and she looked competent enough in trials.
|Selections||(6) Clean Up Teukgeup (8) Jumeok Dokki (2) Strong Captain (3) Flying Hera|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(11) MENI JILJU was just beaten a nose on a much improved second outing at the beginning of September. She comes back in off nine weeks off and while this looks stiffer, she has solid claims here. (8) SKY MARINE similarly was 2nd on her second start at the end of last month and should join Meni Jilju on the early pace. (5) TAMNA YEOSIN faded badly on debut but is bound to be well backed with the champion jockey on board today having previously looked to have promise in trials. There are three debut-makers and among them, (6) DAECHEONUI SARANG took a couple of attempts to qualify but looked good when doing so three weeks ago and can be backed first-up in this company.
|Selections||(11) Meni Jilju (8) Sky Marine (6) Daecheonui Sarang (5) Tamna Yeosin|
|Next Best||4, 12|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8, 11|
Race 4: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Small but competitive field here and while the up in class (5) PHEONIX HEART remains a maiden, he’s shown enough over three starts so far to suggest that shouldn’t be the case for too much longer. He came close over 1200M last time, beaten by a good winner and despite the rise in level, there’s nothing here that should worry him too much. Also up in class but in her case following a victory, (7) BEST MAID should be competitive as well while (1) BOLD NINER just missed out by a neck at class and distance last time and can be a danger. (9) BEST DOLPUNG held his own on his first try at this class two weeks ago and can have come on for it here.
|Selections||(5) Pheonix Heart (1) Bold Niner (7) Best Maid (9) Best Dolpung|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Allowace / KRW 75 Million
Small field of imported juveniles here with five of the eight making their racing debuts. One of those first-timers is going to be strong favourite. That’s (5) SUN LIGHTING, a $100K Creative Cause colt, who absolutely blitzed through a race trial earlier this month and who’s first start is eagerly awaited. He should win. He wasn’t the only one who looked to have some substance in trials. (3) PARK SOCKS was much cheaper and a little bit slower in trials but still looked impressive enough and could well be the main danger. Also trialling up well was Eskendereya colt (2) USEUNG TEUKKI and to a slightly lesser extent, (8) NAMCHON ARTIST. It should be one of the debut-makers scoring although (1) CHEONGDAM TIGER is probably worth another chance after a dismal debut.
|Selections||(5) Sun Lighting (3) Park Socks (2) Useung Teukki (8) Namchon Artist|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 5|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only here and a decent form is at a premium so we’ll side with (3) VICAR MUSIC who improved when sent up to this distance for the first time on October 14th and can get close here, likely from on the early pace. (1) CHUKBOGUI YEOLMAE steps back in trip following a creditable effort around 1700M three weeks ago while (2) EPIPOLAR is much better than her latest two suggest and can be given another chance. (4) CHIU YEOJE and (7) CHAMJOA are others in the frame.
|Selections||(3) Vicar Music (1) Chukbogui Yeolmae (2) Epipolar (7) Chamjoa|
|Next Best||4, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 9|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(11) TO GO WIN has been 2nd in outings so far, last time being stunned when favourite by an outsider who won by nine-lengths. There shouldn’t be too many excuses today and she can overcome the wide draw to get her maiden win. (7) FLYING BOSS was a good, if well-beaten, 3rd on debut behind a pair of decent looking types on debut in September and can build on that today while (5) HAEORABI also looked competent first-up and is to be considered. (2) WINNER GOLD was well back behind To Go Win on his debut but will be backed to improve while (10) LEGEND KING races for the first time since July but has experience winning money at this level and trialled up well.
|Selections||(11) To Go Win (7) Flying Boss (5) Haeorabi (10) Legend King|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 7, 8|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(2) SOCCER GLORY scored at class and distance on October 15th, beating a couple of these in the process and there’s no reason why she can’t prevail again today. She’ll look to come from just off a pace likely to be set by (6) MIGHTY WA, who is up in trip today following a good effort over 1300M at the end of September. He could stay on all the way. (3) MAHA HUIMANG was 3rd behind Soccer Glory last time and should be looking to at least match that here while (1) COMPLETE HIGH registered a decent 4th at class and distance three weeks ago which also gives cause for optimism.
|Selections||(2) Soccer Glory (6) Mighty Wa (1) Complete High (3) Maha Huimang|
|Next Best||4, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(12) DANGCHAN MOSEUP has shown an uptick in form over the past few months consistently getting close. She drops back in trip today and has every chance of returning to the winner’s circle for the first time in seventeen outings. Plenty capable of beating her though. (7) GEUMGANG CHEONHA comes in with some useful recent form and should go close while (5) WHIZ SPARK is a class and distance winner and can be forgiven her latest two outings in tough company. (6) JURINGHEOU and (11) JIGONG BULPAE not without chances either.
|Selections||(12) Dangchan Moseup (7) Geumgang Cheonha (5) Whiz Spark (6) Juringheou|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8|
Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
A strong, if slightly unexpected 3rd at class and distance in a race of similar strength last time out, (2) DREAM SLEW comes in following twelve weeks out and looks nicely in here with a big chance. If the layoff deters then (4) GANGDAEGANG was 2nd at class and distance on October 1st and while this race looks a little stiffer, should be in the hunt again. (6) IBAEGJEOM was beaten by (12) OUR CAT last time but should really be overturning that form here while (8) NEW WORLD and (9) I AM STAR are others who could have a say in things.
|Selections||(4) Gangdaegang (2) Dream Slew (6) Ibaegjeom (8) New World|
|Next Best||9, 12, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 11, 12|
Races 11 & 12 are non-simulcast races. Selections as follows:
Race 11: (2) Samseong Bulpae (6) Dia Socks (3) Daebakida (8) Widaehan Jeonsa
Race 12: (4) Sweet Rock (6) Raon Magic (2) Rules (8) Deimjiki