One of the most eagerly awaited clashes of the year will take place at Seoul this coming Sunday when Grand Prix Stakes winner Clean Up Joy returns to action to face the up and coming pair of Cheongdam Dokki and New Citadel in the KRA Cup Classic. Before that, however, the weekend’s racing gets underway at Busan on Friday with 11 races from 11:30 to 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(2) BUSAN BOLT beat (1) DYNAMIC RUN as the pair ran 2nd and 4th over this distance on September 22nd and one or other of them should really be stepping up to claim their maiden win here with Busan Bolt slightly favoured. (8) HANEOLUI GISANG has shown promise across two starts so far and looks another who is ultimately bound for the winner’s circle with it possibly being here while (6) BAENGNYEON SIDAE has also been getting closer and could well lead early here. (5) HAEDONG YEOGEOL another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(2) Busan Bolt (8) Haneolui Gisang (1) Dynamic Run (6) Baengnyeon Sidae|
|Next Best||5, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 7, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
Five of the twelve have raced before and it’s one of those, (6) KOREAN ANGEL, who will be the favourite. She was 2nd, just beaten half a length, on debut on September 1st and looks nicely into score today. Of the others with experience, (1) DORAON SAEGANGJA and (8) MAJOR ALPHA look to have most chance of improving – the latter was very disappointing on debut but surely won’t be as bad again. (4) BYEOL GEURIDA is pick of the debut-makers with (2) RARARA not being without claims either.
|Selections||(6) Korean Angel (4) Byeol Geurida (1) Doraon Saegangja (2) Rarara|
|Next Best||8, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 11|
Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 55 Million
(3) GIJEOGUIMYEONGSEON beat (10) SUMMIT TODAY and (5) PEACE TOUR as the trio filled out 2nd to 4th on what for all of them was their debut on September 29th at this distance. All three should be in contention again and we’ll keep them in the same order once more. The other two contenders look to be debut-makers. Both (6) YEONGCHEON DERBY and (12) I’M YOUR STAR look to have promise and can both go well first up.
|Selections||(3) Gijeoguimyeongseong (10) Summit Today (5) Peace Tour (6) Yeongcheon Derby|
|Next Best||12, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 6|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(10) GASOK TRIPLE beat a couple of these on her way to 2nd place at the distance on September 15th. She was a full eight-lengths behind a good winner that day but could well have enough to score here, likely leading all the way. (2) ADELE HERO and (3) VICAR OF THE SUN came home 3rd and 4th respectively – and well ahead of one or two others who go here – when they raced each other in an admittedly weak contest at this distance at the end of last month and both should be competitive here. (7) JOYFUL MEMORY returns to action for the first time since April and looks to be the wildcard while (11) PINK BLUE has shown improvement over three starts to date and steps up to a mile for the first time.
|Selections||(10) Gasok Triple (2) Adele Hero (3) Vicar Of The Sun (11) Pink Blue|
|Next Best||7, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 10|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) EURO GONGJU stepped up to 1300M for her first try at this level last month. That came off the back of a useful win at this distance in August and stepped back in trip today, she looks to be the one to beat. Bart Rice’s (2) THUNDER DOME is up in class following a couple of near-misses and looks nicely in with a good draw while (4) BLACK FINE was 3rd in an arguably tougher contest than this over 1300M last month and can get as close or closer today. (1) TEUKGEUP GAMDONG is one start into a comeback following a lengthy lay off and can improve while (11) MAKGANG BOLT is another to come into consideration.
|Selections||(7) Euro Gongju (2) Thunder Dome (4) Black Fine (1) Teukgeup Gamdong|
|Next Best||11, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 11|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
Competitive contest here but we’ll go with (6) HANEULUI TTEUT to make it a hat-trick of wins. She’s up in class here but has scored handily in her latest two and given a good start, there’s no reason why she can’t do it again. (4) HAEUNDAE YEOGEOL and the returning (5) SWICH look to be the main dangers although (3) YEONGGWANGUISINHWA, who beat the former of those on her way to victory at the distance in June also looks nicely in here and could go close. (12) CHARTERED DREAM remains winless after eighteen outings but is more than capable of prize money in this company.
|Selections||(6) Haneului Tteut (4) Haeundae Yeogeol (5) Swich (12) Chartered Dream|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 10|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies and mares only here and (3) SARANG MISO was 2nd on her first try at this level on September 22nd, well beaten by one who was getting an overdue maiden victory, but she looks still on the way up and can win this. (2) HAPPY LADY, also 2nd at class and distance last start, looks to be the main threat and will likely be on the early pace while (8) QUEEN OF CAPTAIN is up in class following a smart win at the minimum distance last time. (9) BARONESS keeps on missing out but can get close once more today while (1) YEOWANGUI JEONGWON also enters the placing frame.
|Selections||(3) Sarang Miso (2) Happy Lady (9) Baroness (8) Queen Of Captain|
|Next Best||1, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 8, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
It took (9) ROYAL HEART a few goes to figure things out but he enters here on a run of three straight wins, beating three of these last time and while he does carry more weight today, has to be firmly in the frame again. (8) QUEEN’S QUEEN was two lengths back in 2nd behind Royal Heart last time and can go close again while (11) GAME CHANGER and (2) DORAON GUNHAM are both up in class having come home in 1st and 2nd over 1300M in a decent class 5 contest on September 24th and both should be competitive at this level. (1) WOLHADOKJAK the other one to look out for.
|Selections||(9) Royal Heart (11) Game Changer (8) Queen’s Queen (2) Doraon Gunham|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 8, 10, 11|
Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) HI SEXY beat four of these on her way to a class and distance victory on September 15th. She’s up considerably in the weights today but there’s no reason why she can’t be close once more in what is a competitive race. (6) DANGDAE ALPHA is up in class following four wins from six outings so far and looks to have a bit more left in the tank although a possible favourite is (4) PHILIP AND GIRAFFE. Having got his maiden win at the ninth time of asking, he was then 2nd in a very quick race at this distance two weeks ago and needs to be respected. (1) ACE KOREA and (5) KWAEHAN TANSAENG also in the frame.
|Selections||(9) Hi Sexy (4) Philip And Giraffe (6) Dangdae Alpha (1) Ace Korea|
|Next Best||5, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 6|
Race 10: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(11) CHOEGANG FORCE ONE enters having won his latest three and four from seven in total. He’s up to this distance for the first time but soundly defeated a couple of these last time and should have the beating of this field today. (12) UJU STAR could only manage 3rd place when favourite at class and distance on September 24th but has every chance of going close today while (4) B.K. BOSS has perhaps found his level but will be competitive here. (6) SUPER BLADE and (7) SMART GENTLEMAN are others who look suited.
|Selections||(11) Choegang Force One (12) Uju Star (4) B.K. Boss (6) Super Blade|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 12|
Race 11: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(6) SAMJEONG AGAIN looks a talent and while he was somewhat surprisingly beaten last time out, he still bested three of these and has every chance of getting back to winning ways today. He finished half a length ahead of (8) KING THE GRAY, who is in the best form of his career and can dispute things once more. The 1400M of the Jeju Governor’s Cup at Seoul last month was a little short for (12) BLACK SAPPHIRE but Triple Nine’s little sister will be much happier today and can get close with (9) PINK BLADE and (11) SANTA GLORIA others in the hunt.
|Selections||(12) Black Sapphire (6) Samjeong Again (9) Pink Blade (8) King The Gray|
|Next Best||11, 4, 5|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 12|