This site has been neglected recently but today is one of the biggest days on the calendar in the shape of the final leg of the Triple Crown, the Minister’s Cup.
Queen’s Blade, winner of the Korean Derby and Korean Oaks will head the field. Here is a short comment on each runner. Normal blog service should resume within the next couple of weeks:
Minister’s Cup (2000M) Seoul Racecourse – 16.40
1. Cheongnyong Bisang (colt) The winner of the KRA Cup Mile at Busan in April, he was 4th in the Korean Derby in May. Has only run once since then when he was well beaten over 1400M. With the kind of quality up from Busan, this will be hard.
2. Nubi Queen (filly) – Second in the Oaks at Busan in August, she is perhaps the best chance of the Seoul runners.
3. Major Star (colt) First run in a classic, however, last time out he was beaten by three of his rivals from Busan and is difficult to recommend.
4. Gumpo Sky (colt) Didn’t make it into the KRA Cup Mile and ran poorly in the Derby but has been very strong since then with two wins and two very narrow defeats by two very good horses and has a chance here.
5. Super Legend (filly) – Has only run three times, 1 win and 2 seconds but this is a huge step up.
6. K Man (colt) – 3rd in the Ilgan Sports Cup last month behind Yeongsan who we saw getting beaten yesterday. Another for who this is a huge step up.
7. Wild Rush (colt) – The 2nd string of Queen’s Blade’s trainer, Kim Young Kwan, he was 6th in the Derby. Has done ok since but has been beaten by a number of his rivals. Don’t rule out a place.
8. Ganghae (colt) Won the Selangor Turf Club Trophy and followed it up at class 2 last month. This looks a bit too difficult though.
9. Never Seen Before (colt) This is a good colt. Won’t be favourite but if he can get a good position he can take advantage of any slip-ups by the favourites.
10. Super Lucky (filly) – Withdrawn.
11. Ildeung Hanghaesa (colt) Didn’t make the Cup Mile or Derby. Was a very good winner last time out over 1900M beating three of these and has a chance.
12. Queen’s Blade (filly) – 5th in the Cup Mile then won the Derby by 10 lengths and the Oaks by 5 lengths. She’ll be favourite, the only matter is her fitness as she’s been going a long time. If she is fit, she wins. New jockey on board so different colours today as Yoo Hyun Myung replaces the suspended Kim Yong Geun.
13. Jeongsang Bima (colt) Impressive 2nd in the Derby and won last time out, others have perhaps come on more though.
14. Winner’s Marine (filly) Nice filly who was 3rd in the Oaks, should be close but will be tough to win.
15. Success Story (colt) – Didn’t make the Cup Mile or Derby, but comes in off three straight very impressive victories and should be 2nd favourite. Has a big chance.