On overseas simulcast days, latest form comments will appear here…
Sunday February 26, 2017 – Singapore (Singapore Turf Club), Australia (Sky Racing), Malaysia (Selangor, Perak, Penang Turf Clubs)
Fast Starters: Expected fastest starters today
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 / 1000M / Allowance / KRW 40 Million
1. TAEHUI NALGAE – 3rd on debut, 2nd last time, should go one better.
2. SUPER FLY – Didn’t do much on debut. Can improve today.
3. URIUI HAENGBOK – Two 3rds and a 4th among four outings. In the frame.
4. MAGIC AI – Debut-maker who trialled up nicely. Don’t overlook.
5. DOUBLE WHY – Few clues from two outings.
6. MAGIC ROCKET – Debut-maker, slow in qualifying but champion jockey isn’t riding for fun.
7. BLUE NARAE – Beaten few so far.
8. NAEGA JAL NAGA – Didn’t get going on debut. Gets another chance.
9. COMPLETE HIGH – Hasn’t beaten many, others favoured.
10. UN SEO – Debut-maker took several goes to qualify and impossible to back first up.
11. GAJA GAJA – Debut maker, nothing special in trials but not the worst.
12. PYEWOL SUHWA – Sent back to trial after debut, looked a bit sharper requalifying.
Verdict: (1) TAEHUI NALGAE is hard to oppose despite it being 13 weeks since her last start. If she runs anything like she has in her two previous outings, she will win. (3) URIUI HAENGBOK has also looked useful and is the clear second favourite. Among the others with racing experience, (2) SUPER FLY is the pick. Of the debut-makers, (4) MAGIC AI was the best in trials.
Selections (1) Taehui Nalgae (3) Uriui Haengbok (4) Magic Ai (2) Super Fly
Next Best 9, 8, 6
Fast Start 1, 3, 4, 7
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 / 1000M / Allowance / KRW 40 Million
1. CHUKJE MAKIT – Hasn’t shown a great deal in 4 starts but in this weak company, has to be fancied.
2. MIRACLE MAN – 7th on debut and can improve.
3. TAEGEUK QUEEN – Debut-maker, just scraped through her trial
4. DANGDANHANYEOGEOL – Last and slow on debut.
5. TITANIA – Best looking of the debut-makers. Trialled quicker than some of these have raced.
6. CHOROK JILJU – Not beaten many but can’t be ruled out here.
7. GOLD SEUTAK – Times have been slow but not as slow as some others. May even be in the frame.
8. TOKTOK DAEJANGGUN – One of only a couple with creditable form so must be in with a shout.
9. GEUMGANG DAUM – Leaden of foot in both starts to date.
10. HANSEONG KING – Took several goes to qualify. Top jockey booking but still hard to back.
11. FINE CHAMP – Beaten a couple both times. Will probably beat a couple here too.
12. KYU JEO – Looked ok on debut on Christmas Eve but only beat one home last time.
Verdict: Frankly, none of these deserve a win just yet but something has to pick up this extremely generous 1st place prize-money. By virtue of it being her debut, (5) TITANIA has done nothing wrong and looked reasonably competent in her latest trial so could go well. While finishing well down the field, (1) CHUKJE MAKIT has shown a couple of glimpses while (8) TOKTOK DAEJANGGUN even has a 4th place to his name so we’ll be looking for those to contest the finish. (2) MIRACLE MAN and (7) GOLD SEUTAK could also be considered.
Selections (5) Titania (8) Toktok Daejanggun (1) Chukje Makit (2) Miracle Man
Next Best 7, 6
Fast Start 1, 5, 11
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 / 1000M / Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. CIRICE – Promoted to this class winless and didn’t find it easy first try.
2. EVA ROAD – 2nd at this level in a weak race on Christmas Day. Repeat not impossible.
3. CHOEGOYA CHOEGO – Inconsistent but looks good enough to compete in this company.
4. HWANSANGUI DOYAK – Little form of late. Places best chance.
5. JEONGSANG DAEGIL – Could be better dropped back to 1000M today.
6. MONEY CAMP – 4th at class and distance on January 21st. Strong claims here.
7. KWAEHAN YEOJANGBU – Found this level challenging.
8. GEUMBIT ROAD – Comes in fresh after two good performances last autumn and has a chance here.
9. ANYANG CHEETAH – Shown plenty of potential in four starts so far and is the pick here.
10. GIJEOL CHOPUNG – Looked out of touch in two starts since resuming from a lengthy spell
11. GINNY ACE – Up and down but latest performance was concerning.
12. DUMANGANG – Last raced in October. Did ok but hard to know what shape she will show up in.
Verdict: (9) ANYANG CHEETAH has shown potential to go beyond this level and having been 2nd in a similar event last month is favoured to get off to a quick start and go all the way here. (6) MONEY CAMP and (3) CHOEGOYA CHOEGO came home 4th and 6th last month and can go close again here while (8) GEUMBIT ROAD also looks to have claims on at least a place.
Selections (9) Anyang Cheetah (6) Money Camp (8) Geumbit Road (3) Choegoya Choego
Next Best 2, 1
Fast Start 3, 6, 8, 9
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 / 1300M / Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. DOLCE VITA – Shown little since a 3rd place last July.
2. FULL GAIN – Struggled on first try at class 5 in a similar race a month ago.
3. JEJUI HANEUL – Surprise winner on debut last month but won so well that she must be considered here.
4. CLAY SHOOT – Recent form is unconvincing.
5. TOUR ROSE – Up in class following back to back 2nd places. She will win sooner or later and it could be here.
6. SAETBYEOL ACHIM – Not without talent. 3rd at class and distance in December. Could go well.
7. JUGEUKSEONG – Surprisingly solid 4th on Jan 8th but has reverted to type in two starts since.
8. SEMYEONG YEOSIN – Comes in off back to back 4th place finishes and is a strong contender today.
9. STAR HOLIC – First race since last June. Trialled up indifferently.
10. DUAL POKPUNG – Beat a couple of these when 4th on Jan 21st at class and distance. Don’t rule out.
11. GAJANG MEONJEO – Up in class following win in weak race at the distance last month. Won’t be among favourites but not impossible.
12. TEUKBYEOL STAR – Already proved she can win money at this level. Slightly disappointing last start but can recover here.
Verdict: The manner in which (3) JEJUI HANEUL won on debut, running on well suggests that neither the step up in class nor the increase in distance should be a problem for her, and she has a strong chance of retaining her 100% record. The biggest danger is another up in class, (5) TOUR ROSE who despite not yet winning, surely will soon. (8) SEMYEONG YEOSIN is yet to win too, in her case in 24 starts, but she enters in solid form and shouldn’t be discounted. (10) DUAL POKPUNG and (12) TEUKBYEOL STAR look the best of the rest.
Selections (3) Jejui Haneul (5) Tour Rose (8) Semyeong Yeosin (10) Dual Pokpug
Next Best 12, 6
Fast Start 4, 5, 6, 11
Seoul Race 5: Class 4 / 1300M / Handicap / KRW 60 Million
1. DALLYEORA BEONGAE – Decent 5th last time. Not impossible in this company.
2. EONJENA JEONGSANG – Has shown improvement but still plenty to find.
3. BANYA DONGHAENG – Solid 6th in a tough race at 1700M last time. Can get close.
4. JANGSAN CHEONHA – 3rd on debut still his best but can be competitive.
5. IWOL – Few clues when only beating a couple on debut.
6. SMOKEY VALE – 2nd on previous try at this distance and in the frame here.
7. BEST BANK – Good 3rd resuming from 6 months off in January and can build on that here.
8. ARCH ARCH – Yet to fire in three starts. Could still come good.
9. CATCH TIME – First time since September. Didn’t impress in trial but some previous form.
10. SEONGEUN GANGJA – Shown very little in six prior outings.
11. ECO BOOSTER – Usually comes close and should do again.
12. GEOM NOA – 6th on debut and more expected today. A chance.
Verdict: A number with chances, (3) BANYA DONGHAENG perhaps gets the slight nod. He should be leading early along with (6) SMOKEY VALE and can go all the way. (11) ECO BOOSTER is a reliable one to come close although may find one or two too quick again.
Selections (3) Banya Donghaeng (6) Smokey Vale (11) Eco Booster (7) Best Bank
Next Best 12, 4
Fast Start 3, 6, 7, 9
Busan Race 2: Class 5 / 1300M / Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. HUIMANG PARADE – Winner at the distance last August. Resumes after five months off. Watching brief here.
2. UJU JEONGBEOL – Beat a couple of decent ones when landing his maiden win on New Year’s Eve. Hard time up in class on latest start but another chance here.
3. ZEKI FILA – A half-length winner on debut on Feb 3rd, he’s up in class but strongly in the frame.
4. MAKGANG JILJU – 5th of 12 at distance ahead of Uju Jeongbeol last time. Place chances.
5. JEONGMAL JOA – 7th of 12 over a mile last start. Steps back today but plenty to find.
6. DOCHI – Lost his way since a 3rd place at the distance last October.
7. YEONGGWANGUI PARK – Solid 3rd over 1200M two weeks ago. Jockey/Trainer combination tempts.
8. HWANHAN SESANG – Off since maiden win at distance in October. Trialled up indifferently but don’t rule out.
9. GEOWIUI KKUM – Well back in his last two but not devoid of talent. Improvement possible.
10. BULKKOT CHEONGCHUN – Down the field in his last couple, can improve but others favoured.
11. GANGHO DREAM – Yet to score in 26 and unlikely to change here.
Verdict: It wasn’t a world-beating performance by (3) ZEKI FILA on debut but it was enough to suggest he can move up to this company without too many problems and should be beating these. (7) YEONGGWANGUI PARK, who already has two 2nds at class and distance looks to be the main danger although (2) UJU JEONGBEOL beat a couple of useful ones when getting his maiden victory in December and while he couldn’t follow-up in tougher company last month, is worth another chance. (4) MAKGANG JILJU beat him that day and can also beat plenty again.
Selections (3) Zeki Fila (7) Yeonggwangui Park (2) Uju Jeongbeol (4) Makgang Jilju
Next Best 8, 5
Fast Start 3
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 / 1300M / Handicap / KRW 60 Million
1. ELITE QUEEN – 5th her best in 3 starts at this level. Could match that.
2. SILLA HWARANG – 3rd at class and distance on Jan 22nd and solid claims here
3. PAX RYE – Sent back to trial after last start and hard to back here.
4. HAWK EYES – Up in class following a win over 1300M on Christmas Day. Don’t rule out.
5. HAENGUN NURI – Little in 3 outings since a surprise 3rd last October.
6. COTTON PRINCE – Usually beats a few but other favoured.
7. MAMBO CHEONHA – Struggled in three outings at this class.
8. OFFI SAEMI – Usually gives himself too much to do but strong finisher. In the frame.
9. SENSATIONAL – Too inconsistent to recommend but could feature.
10. CHEONJI SEONGGONG – Usually well backed but just gone astray of late. Could improve.
11. EOJJUGURI – Keeps threatening another win. Gate not ideal but has claims.
Verdict: One of the more promising 3-year-old colts at Seoul, (2) SILLA HWARANG was 3rd over class and distance last start and has every chance of returning to the winner’s circle today. Everything else in the race is older and a number have a chance of stopping him. Lightly-raced (4) HAWK EYES is up in class following victory at this distance on Christmas Day and looks to have more in him while (8) OFFI SAEMI also have claims is he can travel well early on. (10) CHEONJI SEONGGONG and (11) EOJJUGURI can also be considered.
Selections (2) Silla Hwarang (4) Hawk Eyes (8) Offi Saemi (11) Eojjuguri
Next Best 10
Fast Start 2, 9, 11
Busan Race 3: Class 5 / 1600M / Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. HIGH SPEC – 4th in first try at class and distance under this jockey two weeks ago. Can go even better today.
2. YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN – A winner at this class over 1300M. A previous try at this distance didn’t go well but he could improve.
3. WINNING GILI – Yet to win in 15 but he’s been 3rd or 4th on no fewer than 9 occasions. Can go close again.
4. CHOEGANG DRIVER – Generally good recent form, strong finisher. A chance.
5. CHEONJI CHAMP – First try at this distance. May benefit.
6. GRAND JO – Showed some ability if bad manners in five starts prior to a lengthy spell out. Resumes after seven months away.
7. KOREA KING – 60th start today. Still usually beats a few but others will have too much.
8. RECHAE – Finished down the field at the distance on Jan 22nd. Yet to win in 9 but has shown ability.
9. BLACK TETRA – Well back on first try at distance on Jan 22nd but did beat Rechae.
10. DANCING BLAZE – Started career promisingly but gone cold at class 5. Plenty to find.
Verdict: 4th at this distance last start, admittedly a long way behind the winner, (1) HIGH SPEC could well have what it takes to win here. (4) CHOEGANG DRIVER already holds a 2nd place at this class and distance and looks to be the main threat but (3) WINNING GILI has also proved he is competitive at this class and could go close.
Selections (1) High Spec (4) Choegang Driver (3) Winning Gili (2) Youare The Captain
Next Best 5, 6
Fast Start 3, 10
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 / 1700M / Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. MUPAEDONGJA – Hard to imagine zero wins in 28 will change.
2. GEUMBIT SONATA – Comes in following a decent 5th at 1300M. First time at the distance.
3. HI EUREKA – 5th at class and distance on Jan 22nd and can go well here.
4. KKUMKKUNEUN DAERO – Found things tough at this class so far.
5. BORN WINNER – Strong finisher who may suit this distance.
6. DREAM ARROW – Struggled in three attempts at class 5. First try at this distance.
7. HWANGGEUM NEUGDA – Getting the hang of things at this class. Up in distance and a chance.
8. SARYEONI WIN – Big step up in trip but top rated and must be considered.
9. HAENURI – Decent form recently, usually finds one or two too quick.
10. EONJE EODISEONA – 6th behind Hi Eureka at this distance on Jan 22nd. Can match.
11. SARYEONI HEALING – 3rd at class and distance on Feb 5th. Strong finisher and strong chance.
12. CLEAN UP DREAM – Up in class and distance following maiden win at 1300M. Not impossible.
Verdict: (8) SARYEONI WIN has shown strong promise in four outings so far, never finishing worse than 4th. His win was at 1300M which is the furthest he has gone to date so it’s an extra two furlongs but he looks the type to deal with it. Under the same ownership. (11) SARYEONI HEALING also has a strong chance having been 3rd at class and distance earlier this month. The presence of Moon Se Young aboard (7) HWANGGEUM NEUGDAE will tempt some while (2) GEUMBIT SONATA and (3) HI EUREKA also have claims.
Selections (8) Saryeoni Win (11) Saryeoni Healing (3) Hi Eureka (7) Hwanggeum Neugdae
Next Best 2, 10
Fast Start 7, 8, 9
Busan Race 4: Class 4 / 1300M / Handicap / KRW 55 Million
1. WONDERFULCHEONGHAE – Ended last year well but has come up short in two 2017 outings so far.
2. CAPITAL GANGJA – Shown plenty of talent in nine outings to date. Resumes after almost four months off.
3. BANJIUI YEOJEONSA – Didn’t see out 1400M last time. Sent back to trial which she won. Has won twice at this distance and gets another chance.
4. KKOKDAEGI – Two most recent setbacks have been in decent company. In the frame.
5. ARIKKARI – Occasionally surprises but has plenty to find on current form.
6. KWAEHAN MYEONGPUM – Consistently finds the minor money at this level and could be in contention.
7. GOOD ONE MAN – Resumes following 2nd to Baedari Bobae on Christmas Day. Trialled well and can figure.
8. WONIL ACE – Solid 4th returning from nine months out two weeks ago. Can build on that today.
9. MORNING PARK – Three consecutive 2nd places but is up in class today. Still a chance of going one better.
10. CLEAN CHOEGANG – Has struggled in five efforts at this level.
11. DONGBANG BULPAE – Plenty of near misses at this level. Up to 1300M for the first time and can go close again.
12. SEUNGJEONPILSA – Perhaps found his level but is competitive and has placing chances.
Verdict: (3) BANJIUI YEOJEONSA gets another chance after disappointing at 1400M last month. She was sent back to trial after that which she breezed through with ease and can go much better in this competitive affair. (8) WONIL ACE was 4th on his return from a lengthy spell last month and if he’s come on for that, he’ll be very dangerous while (9) MORNING PARK, beaten 10-lengths by Banjiui Yeojeonsa in December, is up in class following another 2nd place and can be competitive. (4) KKOKDAEGI and (11) DONGBANG BULPAE round out the top line of favourites.
Selections (3) Banjiui Yeojeonsa (8) Wonil Ace (4) Kkokdaegi (9) Morning Park
Next Best 11, 12
Fast Start 3, 9, 11, 12
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 / 1700M / Handicap / KRW 60 Million
1. I AM STAR – Showed early promise but just gone cold a little lately. Could improve.
2. SARYEONI KING – 5th at class and distance last start and can match or better.
3. KKUMUI CLUB – Holds a 3rd at class and distance and 2nd at 1300M last time. One to consider.
4. SPECIAL ROAD HILL – Beaten by Ultra Rocket and Hwangnyongbisang last start but gets another chance.
5. DEVIL MAN – Winner at the distance on Christmas Day but reverted to type last time.
6. CHEONGCHUN YEOLCHA – Good form at this distance including solid 4th last time. A chance.
7. ULTRA ROCKET – Narrowly beaten into 3rd last time ahead of a couple of these and the one to beat today.
8. HWANGNYONGBISANG – 5th behind Ultra Rocket on Jan 22nd and can get close again.
9. JOGOGUI DEUNGBUL – Winner at this class over 1300M in December. First time at 1700M. Don’t rule out.
10. CURRICLE – Yet to win in 22, up in class after four placings at class 5. Another place not impossible.
11. GEUMGANG CHEONHA – 6th in both outings at this level so far and that’s par for today.
Verdict: (7) ULTRA ROCKET has never finished any worse than 4th and following his 3rd place on his first attempt at this distance last month, looks the one to beat here. (6) CHEONGCHUN YEOLCHA goes well at the distance including a solid 4th last month and will have backers while (3) KKUMUI CLUB also has a 3rd at this distance and enters in good form. (4) SPECIAL ROAD HILL and (8) HWANGNYONGBISANG, both beaten by Ultra Rocket last start, are others who can be involved.
Selections (7) Ultra Rocket (6) Cheonchun Yeolcha (3) Kkumui Club (4) Special Road Hill
Next Best 8, 9
Fast Start 2, 3, 9
Busan Race 5: Class 3 / 1800M / Handicap / KRW 75 Million
1. BEOLMA SONYEON – Returned to some form with 2nd at the distance on Feb 5th. Repeat possible.
2. ILLYUCHEON – Gone totally off the boil lately. Tries distance for the first time.
3. GOOD SPIRIT – Not kicked on from a win on debut.
4. GOLD BANK – Well back last time and plenty to find.
5. SANGSEUNG MODE – Doesn’t enter in great form but jockey booking will attract some.
6. MUJEOK VICAR – Solid 4th on first try at this class and a winner at the distance. In contention.
7. WONDER WALL – Shunsuke Yoshida-owned colt is getting his act together. Two wins in a row, up in class and distance. Strong contender.
8. GANGHAN NAMJA – Didn’t go great behind Beolma Sonyeon
9. VALKYRIE – Up to 1800M for the first time. Won’t be favourite but could surprise some.
10. MACHU PICCHU – Back in form with consecutive 3rd places over class and distance. Not impossible.
11. KKEUTPANNYEOWANG – Form has taken a dip in recent starts but can be competitive at this class.
12. HWARYEOHANHAMSEONG – Runner-up a remarkable 9 times to go with his solitary win, he’s a closer who arrives on the scene just a little too late. Can go close though.
Verdict: It took a while but with two consecutive wins, (7) WONDER WALL is starting to deliver on his potential and a win here would see him firmly on the Classic trail. It’s his first try at 1800M and he should get it. (1) BEOLMA SONYEON (10) MACHU PICCHU and (6) MUJEOK VICAR finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th at class and distance on February 5th and they look to be the main dangers today although (8) GANGHAN NAMJA, who disappointed that day, may have a say in things too.
Selections (7) Wonder Wall (6) Mujeok Vicar (10) Machu Picchu (1) Beolma Sonyeon
Next Best 8, 12
Fast Start 6, 7, 10
Seoul Race 9: Class 2 / 1700M / Handicap / KRW 90 Million
1. CHANMA – A winner at this class and enters in good form. Strong chance.
2. GANGJA – Beaten twice by Chanma recently. Plenty to find.
3. LION STAR – 2nd or 3rd in each of his last six, he can go one better today.
4. DIXIE PLOIT – A class 3 winner at this distance and 4th on his first try at class 2. Every chance.
5. SUSEONG CAPTAIN – Hasn’t raced since disappointing over 1200M in October but solid form at this distance.
6. READ AGAIN – Up in class after 2nd place at 1900M a month ago. Has a bit to find.
7. LITTLE BROWN – Winner at 1800M on Christmas Day. Top rated so the weights don’t do him any favours but it’s not impossible.
8. CITY RACER – Returned for the first time in almost a year on Feb 4th, needed it but will need this too.
9. ANYANG TIGER – Not among favourites but occasionally goes well at this level.
10. BAEKSAN – 6th behind Chanma last start. Outsider for the places.
11. GEUMGANGJEGUK – Struggled first try at this class. First outing this year.
12. SPECIAL JOY – Lost his way of late.
Verdict: (3) LION STAR has specialised in just missing out over the past year or so but if it’s a day for front-runners, has every chance of finally retuning to the winner’s circle here. If he doesn’t, (1) CHANMA looks poised to take advantage while (4) DIXIE PLOIT showed he can be competitive at this level last month and should go close. (5) SUSEONG CAPTAIN is among a number with claims on the places.
Selections (3) Lion Star (1) Chanma (4) Dixie Ploit (5) Suseong Captain
Next Best 10, 9
Fast Start 3, 5, 7
Busan Race 6: Class 1 / 1800M / Handicap / KRW 110 Million
1. DYNAMIC DASH – 7th in last year’s Korea Cup. Second start for new trainer. Don’t rule out.
2. MAC AND CHEESE – Has won at this distance although recent outings have been at shorter. Outsider here.
3. VIVA ACE – Great old-stager. Can’t win but can hit the minor money.
4. STING RAY – One time Classic-winner who probably wants shorter these days.
5. MS. MARGAUX – Top class mare who again has to give weight. If she can overcome that, she has a strong chance.
6. USEUNG CHANCE – Resumes following 8 months off injured. Trialled well but big ask.
7. JIBONG SEUNGNI – First start since last August. Very capable and trialled ok. The wildcard.
8. SUPER CHEOLIN – Class 1 debut, nicely weighted and has claims.
9. SUCCESS STORY – Disappointed last time at 2000M. 1800M should suit more. Big chance.
10. TAPIPOINT – Recent outings have been in sprints so something different today. Plenty to find.
11. MIRACLE LINE – Reliable money winner at class 1. Solid 4th at the distance on latest start and in the frame today.
12. DARKEST NIGHT – First start of the year. Back up in trip today.
Verdict: This race looks made for (9) SUCCESS STORY to finally get back to winning ways for the first time since November 2015. Distance is right, competition is beatable and he should get an easy lead. The weight is against (5) MS. MARGAUX but she will be competitive while (11) MIRACLE LINE and (1) DYNAMIC DASH, 4th and 5th at class and distance on January 8th, can also be involved. Also don’t rule out a good run from the up in class (8) SUPER CHEOLIN.
Selections (9) Success Story (1) Dynamic Dash (5) Ms. Margaux (8) Super Cheolin
Next Best 11, 2
Fast Start 9
Seoul Race 10: Class 1 / 2000M / Handicap / KRW 150 Million
1. UNBEATABLE – Bit disappointing when 5th behind Strong Road and Cheonma on Jan 21st but finished off nicely and can go better.
2. HALLA CHUKJE – Likely pace-setter but equally likely to fade.
3. SOTONG SIDAE – Strong finisher and can get close.
4. ARGO BRAIN – First run since last July. Going to be very tough for him.
5. CHEOMNA – Good run in 3rd last time. Matching it not impossible.
6. WINNING ANDY – Gone cold of late but should never be completely ruled out.
7. DYNAMIC JILJU – Winner of 8 from 40, recent form indifferent but improvement possible.
8. MIRAE YEONGUNG – On the slide recently but talent undisputed. Can improve.
9. HOLIDAY DREAM – Struggled on first try at class 1 in October. Off since and tough ask.
10. STRONG ROAD – Clung on for 2nd on Jan 21st. Can look to match.
11. DONGBANJAUI GIJEOK –Has surprised in the past but difficult to see him winning in this company.
12. CLEAN UP JOY – The best horse at Seoul. Weight the only concern.
Verdict: Grand Prix Stakes winner (12) CLEAN UP JOY suffered only one defeat last year at Seoul last year but it came in a very similar race to this when (6) WINNING ANDY took advantage. He was giving away the same 8kg to the field that he is today, however, he is at least 8kg better than the rest and he should win. (1) UNBEATABLE and (3) SOTONG SIDAE look to have the best chance of chasing him home although (10) STRONG ROAD showed guts to stay on last start and can do so again under the same jockey.
Selections (12) Clean Up Joy (1) Unbeatable (3) Sotong Sidae (10) Strong Road
Next Best 7, 6
Fast Start 2, 9
Seoul Race 11: Class 3 / 1200M / Handicap / KRW 75 Million
1. CHEONGDAM DOKKI – Won a big juvenile race at the distance in November and though beaten by Spirit Of Hansen last time, can win this.
2. ANOTHER SMART ONE – Up in class after maiden win and can go close again.
3. CHEONJIGA – 4th in tough race last up, must be respected.
4. MUJEOKUI CHAMP – Hasn’t quite got to grips with this class yet. May improve.
5. PLACES TO GO – Never got going from a wide draw last time. Expect better today.
6. BEONGAE FIGHTER – Yet to win in 10. Would be if a surprise if that changed here.
7. BARAM SOGEURO – Decent 2nd to Places To Go in December. Much to find here though.
8. SPIRIT OF HANSEN – Beat Cheongdam Dokki on Christams Day. Contender here too.
9. JINNYEONGUI GEOIN – 3rd behind Places To Go and Baram Sogeuro in December. Lots to find.
10. DARK LADY – Gone close in recent starts, Unlikely but not impossible.
11. GRACE CITY – 5th behind Cheonjiga in January. In the frame for the places.
12. YOU ARE STAR – Lightly raced and still an unknown quantity somewhat. 6th last time and that would be par here.
Verdict: (1) CHEONGDAM DOKKI and (8) SPIRIT OF HANSEN were within half a length of each on Christmas Day and they should be battling it out here with Cheongdam Dokki the pick to prevail this time. (2) ANOTHER SMART ONE looks to be a smart one and can go well on his first try at this level while (3) CHEONJIGA and (5) PLACES TO GO also look useful in this company.
Selections (1) Cheongdam Dokki (8) Spirit Of Hansen (2) Another Smart One (3) Cheonjiga
Next Best 5, 11, 10, 12
Fast Start 2, 7, 11, 12