On overseas simulcast days, latest form comments will appear here…
Friday March 24, 2017 – Simulcast to Singapore Turf Club
Fast Starters: Expected fastest starters today
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
1. RISING AGAIN – On the rise with 6th and 4th in two prior outings and ran on well last time. First try at 1300M and in the frame.
2. ADELE HERO – Best of 6th from three tries to date. Needs to find more here.
3. DAMYANG YEONGUNG – 3rd on debut but couldn’t follow-up on return. First try at further than the minimum.
4. HAESEONG SPEED – Improved when tried at this distance on Feb 24th. Still more needed but more progress isn’t ruled out.
5. DONGNAM DAEBAK – Hasn’t been getting any closer in recent starts.
6. SHARP BELL – Slightly improved 5th of 11 last time. That would be a par finish here.
7. SEONGSIL SEUNGNI – Four consecutive 6th-placed finishes and a fifth wouldn’t surprise.
8. K O PARTY – Made a promising debut but shown little in two starts since.
9. SEORABEOL YEOJE – 3rd at the distance second-up meant she was sent off strong favourite last time but didn’t run well. Worth another chance here.
10. MY TIME – Debut-maker. Slow trial but could be an interesting outsider in what’s not an especially strong race.
11. JUNGLE MARINE – Improved in each start so far. 2nd at 1200M last time and the extra half furlong may suit.
12. SAEROUN STAR –2nd on first go at the distance on March 3rd and should be a strong contender here.
Verdict: Interesting contest up first and the way (1) RISING AGAIN finished off last time suggests that the extra half furlong today will be to his benefit. That makes him the pick here although both (11) JUNGLE MARINE and (12) SAEROUN STAR have shown similar improvement over their own three outings to date and look well in the frame too. Debut-maker (10) MY TIME went through a couple of trials before being ready and it may be worth watching the market. Others who have the potential to improve look to be (3) DAMYANG YEONGUNG and (9) SEORABEOL YEOJE.
Selections (1) Rising Again (11) Jungle Marine (12) Saeroun Star (9) Seorabeol Yeoje
Next Best 4, 3
Fast Start 5, 10
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. YEONGGWANGUI FORE – No too far away in recent efforts and with a good start is the one to beat.
2. SAEROUN NA – Improvement possible but has found them too quick at this level so far.
3. MISS HERO – 40 starts without a win and not getting any closer. Drops down in class and distance today but still up against it.
4. LUCKY JILJU – 5th last start behind Perfect Humor so has form to make up.
5. PERFECT HUMOR – Sole win came at this distance over a year ago but was a solid 3rd last start and is a strong contender today.
6. AREUMDAUN YEOWANG – Has found his level but is capable of going well on occasion. Steps back to 1000M for the first time in a long time.
7. HALLAUI DOLPUNG – Has struggled in four starts since nine months out last year.
8. ARIKKARI – Down in class and distance and an eye-catching jockey booking. Could be interesting.
9. YEONGGWANGUI CAMP – Not in form and way back behind Perfect Humor last start.
10. MUHAN SPEED – Down in class and distance but still much to find.
11. JEOKDOUI HWASIN – Yet to score in 14 outings and hard to see that changing here.
12. GRACE WINNER – Surprise 4th at class and distance last time means he has to be taken seriously today.
Verdict: Were it not for being hindered at the start, (1) YEONGGWANGUI FORE may well have won last time out two weeks ago. He backs up quickly here and with a fair break, he looks hard to oppose. (5) PERFECT HUMOR rarely misses the money and should be close once more. He finished ahead of (4) LUCKY JILJU last time out and that one too can play a role today. (6) AREUMDAUN YEOWANG and (12) GRACE WINNER are others in the frame.
Selections (1) Yeonggwangui Fore (5) Perfect Humor (4) Lucky Jilju (6) Areumdaun Yeowang
Next Best 12, 2, 8
Fast Start 5, 12
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
1. LADY CHARTERED – Ran a shock 2nd at class and distance in February but reverted to type last time.
2. MAIN VICAR – Winless in thirteen but capable of getting close to the minor money.
3. YEONGGWANGUI JAEIN – Improved 4th last time and could be getting the hang of this level.
4. THE WORLD – Step back in trip today may suit.
5. METELITSA – Could only manage 5th when favourite on first run at this class two weeks ago. Worth another go today.
6. MINE – Not beaten many in two starts back since lengthy absence.
7. AQUA QUEEN – Struggled a little on first try at a mile earlier this month but dropped back in trip today she should be a leading contender.
8. FANTASTIC JOY – Up in class following an easy win last start. Up in distance too and in the frame.
9. MAKGANG JILJU – Class and distance winner in the past, she comes in off consecutive 5th place finishes in decent company and a chance.
10. FRENCH GIRL – Steps back to the distance she won at following two creditable attempts over a mile. Must be considered.
11. OH DAEBAK – Surprise 3rd when stepped back up to this distance a month ago and needs a little more respect today but will still be a maiden at the end.
12. HAESEONG STAR – Yet to win in seven starts. Stepping back to 1300M today may help her get closer.
Verdict: A four-length winner over 1000M earlier this month, (8) FANTASTIC JOY steps up in both class and distance today but if she gets a lead in this all-filly affair, can go all the way again. (5) METELITSA was 5th when favourite on her first try at this level two weeks ago and should go better than that today while (9) MAKGANG JILJU and (10) FRENCH GIRL also look nicely in.
Selections (8) Fantastic Joy (5) Metelitsa (9) Makgang Jilju (10) French Girl
Next Best 1, 3
Fast Start 5, 8
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
1. TAIL WIND – Shunsuke Yoshida-owner colt was a winner at class and distance last time. Carries a little more weight today but solidly in the frame again.
2. MAHURU – First start since last August. Was going well before the lay-off and trailed-up in reasonable fashion last month. Watch the market.
3. ELISHA – Both wins were at 1000M and she’s struggled in two starts at this class and distance.
4. KOREA HUNTER – Managed 3rd at class and distance last October but cold in five subsequent efforts.
5. CHEONHA TONGIL – So many setbacks. He races for the first time since last May. Plenty of talent and trialled-up well. Another one to watch the market with.
6. WHITTE QUEENS – Proven to be competitive at this level although her last two efforts have been unconvincing.
7. V DIVA – Consistently close and a good 3rd last time out. Should be a factor here.
8. BYEOLMURI – Generally not too far away but was out of sorts last start.
9. CHALLAUI JUIN – Not been easy in two outings at this level since maiden win last October.
10. KWAEHAN MYEONGPUM – Frequent money winner at this level, his last start wasn’t encouraging but he is better than that.
11. SUPER JJANGJJANGI – Comes in following two very solid performances. Draw isn’t ideal as he needs a good start.
12. YUSEONG FIRST – Solid 2nd place last time out and looks to have another win in her at some stage.
Verdict: (1) TAIL WIND was a class and distance winner on March 3rd and there seems little reason why he can’t follow up here. (7) V DIVA has a habit of leaving herself a little too much to do in races like this but is certainly capable of going close while (11) SUPER JJANGJJANGI has returned to form in his most recent two an is to be considered. (2) MAHURU and (5) CHEONHA TONGIL both resume after lengthy spells and both had plenty of talent in the past while Marios Mina getting on may be to the benefit of (6) WHITTE QUEENS.
Selections (1) Tail Wind (7) V Diva (5) Cheonha Tongil (2) Mahuru
Next Best 11, 6, 10
Fast Start 3, 11, 12
Race 8: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 55 Million
1. CHEONNYEON BIMA – Shown nothing in five starts so far.
2. HAETBAL – Getting closer with a good 3rd at 1800M on Feb 24th. In the frame today.
3. GOOD SPIRIT – Well back in both efforts at this distance so far, albeit in decent company.
4. BUYEONG TOWER – Usually beats a few but not getting any closer to maiden win.
5. WONDERFULCHEONGHAE – Gone cold a little in most recent starts. Tested at a mile for the first time.
6. HEUMUT – Came close at 1800M last start and a chance of making the breakthrough here.
7. OHHWAMA – Solitary win was at this distance but looked out of sorts only beating one home last time.
8. EURI EURI – Shown very little in four efforts since returning from a lengthy spell.
9. U S MAN – Never better than 6th and last in a tough race at this distance earlier this month.
10. ARION METAL – Never better than 3rd but that’s a reasonable aim here. Should be much better back at a mile than the 1800M he tried last time.
11. BLACK SAPPHIRE – Narrowly beaten by Classic contender Royal Ruby last start, Triple Nine’s sister is a strong contender here.
12. SUPERSTAR JOHN – Reasonable 6th of 12 on return from almost a year out two weeks ago, don’t rule out improvement today.
Verdict: Beaten a nose by KRA Cup Mile-bound Royal Ruby on March 5th, Thomas Gillespie’s (11) BLACK SAPPHIRE is the standout here and likely to be the strong favourite. (6) HEUMUT has finished 2nd on both his last two starts and could well make it three in a row here. On both those occasions (2) HAETBAL has chased Heumut home and should do so again while improvement will be expected of (12) SUPERSTAR JOHN.
Selections (11) Black Sapphire (6) Heumut (12) Superstar John (2) Haetbal
Next Best 10, 7
Fast Start 3, 6, 11
Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
1. QUIET RAPTOR – Hasn’t looked great in two starts back following a year out.
2. NO SMALL KOREA – 10th of 12 on return from four months off in January. Two more months off since and should be much better today.
3. ACE GLORY – First race since October, he was going very well before the layoff and trialled up well. Solid chance.
4. COTTINPICKINGOOD – Solid 3rd first-up on Feb 3rd and every chance of at least repeating.
5. FIRST MOVER – Hasn’t won in 33 attempts but rarely misses the prize money and can be close again today.
6. BRAVO MARINE – Well back behind stablemate Cottinpickingood on first outing for ten months. Should improve.
7. KING OF ACE – A winner on debut at 1200M on Feb 26th. Up in class and distance but a serious contender again.
8. DYNAMIC TANK – Winner at this class over a mile earlier this month and must be in the frame again.
9. KOREAN TANK – Had a great start to his career and looked to be getting back towards his best with 3rd over a mile last time. Could be interesting.
10. PURE DEIMOS – Flew home to get his maiden win over 1000M in January. Up in class but the distance should suit. A chance.
11. GOOD CASTING – Beat Cottinpickingood in February and landed another 2nd place at the beginning of this month. To be considered.
12. COWBOY CAPTAIN – Reliable type who is usually close and should be again.
Verdict: (7) KING OF ACE was a comfortable winner on debut last month and the manner of it was such that stepping up in both class and distance today should be more than achievable. Plenty of others in the hunt in what looks a nicely competitive race though including (10) PURE DEIMOS who is also up in class after an eleven-week absence. The increase in trip should suit nicely. (3) ACE GLORY returns from an even lengthier spell and looks nicely in. Also well backed will be (8) DYNAMIC TANK and (11) GOOD CASTING who finished 1st and 2nd on a decent race over a mile earlier this month.
Selections (7) King Of Ace (10) Pure Deimos (11) Good Casting (8) Dynamic Tank
Next Best 3, 4, 12
Fast Start 2, 7
Race 10: Class 2 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
1. GOSOK JILJU – Really good 5th of 14 in a tough race over 1800M on March 3rd. Can look to match that here.
2. GABOGAPJJANG – Proven competitive at this level though tends to find a few too strong which may be the case again here but he’s a contender.
3. JUNGANG CHAMP – 9th first up for a new trainer last start and may improve here.
4. PANGPANG HERO – 4th at class and distance in January but struggled in two starts since.
5. YESURI MYEONGUN – Has found the step up to this level challenging in two attempts so far.
6. SEUNGNI WAVE – Only beat one home on return from six months off in February.
7. SANTA GLORIA – Found things tough over 1800M last time but could be better dropped back to a mile today.
8. YANKEE DREAM – Up in class having upset Classic hopeful American Power at this distance last time. This may be a step too far.
9. CHOEGANG PLUS – Not figured in two outings so far this year.
10. QUEEN TWO HEARTS – Competitive at sprint distances, she was 9th over 1800M last time. First try at a mile.
11. YUSEONGCHEOREOM – 3rd behind Baedari Bobae in January and 4th behind Gabogapjjang a month ago, both at 1200M. First try at a mile and has a chance.
12. SINHEUNG GOSU – Decent 5th behind Gabogapjjang and Yuseongcheoreom last start at 1200M. Steps back up to a mile for the first time in a long time.
13. BAEDARI BOBAE – 4th in last year’s President’s Cup he’s just missed out in his last two but looks the class act here and can return to winning ways.
14. SHARP GALE – A touch disappointing last start, she comes in following a couple of months off and can improve.
Verdict: Six of these race each other back in January at 1200M and the winner that day, (13) BAEDARI BOBAE, is the pick to score again. (2) GABOGAPJJANG and (11) YUSEONGCHEOREOM finished 3rd and 4th, again at 1200M, a month ago and look to be the main dangers but it’s the kind of race in which many have claims. (8) YANKEE DREAM was a good winner at the distance last month, beating a very highly-rated three-year old and can be a factor while a return to form for (7) SANTA GLORIA is also a possibility.
Selections (13) Baedari Bobae (2) Gabogapjjang (11) Yuseongcheoreom (7) Santa Gloria
Next Best 8, 3, 14
Fast Start 7, 10, 11, 12