It’s Seoul only on Sunday and accordingly there is a bumper fifteen-race program from 11:00 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Tricky one to start with. (1) GEOSEN DOLPUNG hasn’t exactly set the stopwatch alight with his times over his first four starts but his last time out 3rd having led for much of the way around was encouraging. So too was a trial in July when he led all the way. He draws the inside so should get a nice lead here and can make the breakthrough. (4) ONLY WINNER has a couple of runner-up finishes to her name. Last time, at this distance, she settled midfield and ran on for 4th and she should be in the finish again today. So too should (7) FINAL ACE. His results have been up and down but enters with his best results being his recent ones. He should be on pace from the start. (12) DESK TAP ran 5th behind Final Ace two starts back but improved when back at 1000M and 3rd on his June reappearance. He overcame the widest draw that day too and shouldn’t be ruled out. (11) DOUBLE TAKE has run a couple of useful times and is a minor money contender.
|Selections||(1) Geosen Dolpung (4) Only Winner (7) Final Ace (12) Desk Tap|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 7, 12|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
He’s drawn in the car park but that shouldn’t stop (12) WONDERFUL K from getting off the mark at start number seven. He has the fastest time among these for the distance by some margin and last time settled back before running on strongly for 3rd. Jang Chu-youl can pick his spot here and he should be too strong. (5) ONE JI overcame a wide draw to lead over 1300M last time out on June 27th. The better gate coupled with the slight drop back in trip can help him challenge for the early lead and he should be in the finish again. (3) KING CRUSH is perhaps worth another look after an inauspicious debut a month ago. He had previously shown ability in a trial and should strip fitter for his race experience. Kim Yong-geun stays aboard which is a plus. (2) MAIN OF KING didn’t impress last time out at 1300M but if we go on his run at this distance two starts back when he ran on from midfield for a solid 2nd place, then he has claims. (4) BIBONG MARU draws much better than she has at her two latest outings and accordingly can come into at least the placing calculations.
|Selections||(12) Wonderful K (5) One Ji (3) King Crush (2) Main Of King|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 33 Million
(7) WONDERFUL TYCOON is the one to beat here. He has by some margin the fastest time among any of these at the distance, recorded when 3rd two starts back, and he followed up with another 3rd at 1200M a month ago. His style is to settle midfield and run on strong and he should have too much here. (12) LEGEND STAR has finished 3rd in all three starts so far. At her first start she was slowly away before finishing well over 1000M but has been prominent early in her subsequent two outings. She steps up slightly in trip today and she can match or better those 3rds. The only previous winner in the race is (11) JEONGMUN POKJU, who made his breakthrough two starts back at 1400M. Last time out he got a bit too far back before rallying for 5th at this distance and if given more of a chance today position-wise, then he should be in the mix. (10) MAGIC TIDE steps up to this trip for the first time and seems to be figuring things out with a good 4th at 1200M last time. Expect him to be on pace today despite the wide draw. (4) PEPE RUN was an improved 4th last time out and can build on that today.
|Selections||(7) Wonderful Tycoon (12) Legend Star (11) Jeongmun Pokju (10) Magic Tide|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||9, 10, 11, 12|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fillies only here and at start number sixteen, (1) WONDERFUL ORANGE ready to break through at last. She comes in having run a well beaten 2nd at this distance last start when, as is her style, she went back at the start but closed strongly. She has been running consistently good times and the inside gate should see her get an easy enough run here. (7) BORI BORI also enters off a last start runner-up finish when she sat handy and ran on in a similar race over this distance. That continued her upward trajectory and she should be in the hunt here. (6) MISS SPEED came home in 3rd place in the same race, her best finish in nine starts so far. She has tended to get a bit far back in her races but ran a little more prominently early on last time and a repeat of that can see her in the finish again. (2) MODERN BEST came home in 5th place to (8) FLYING FULL MOON’s 4th when they met at 1200M on July 3rd and both have placing claims here.
|Selections||(1) Wonderful Orange (7) Bori Bori (6) Miss Speed (2) Modern Best|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
There is only one previous winner in the race and it would be no surprise if (11) TOUCH MY ADELE was to follow up with another. That win came at her last stat when she settled towards the back of a small field but ran on very strongly in the closing stages. The additional half furlong today shouldn’t hurt her cause at all and despite the thirteen weeks between runs, she is the one to beat. (10) YEONGUNG DAEMA come sin following a 6th place in a fast time on a wet track at this distance on July 4th. The same apprentice who rode him that day keeps the weight down again and he should be aiming for a career-best finish here. He shares the fastest time at the distance with (8) REAL CONCORD who recorded hers when 5th in a different race on the same day She was ridden a little more forward that day than she had been in other starts and it seemed to pay off and improvement can be expected here. (7) TEUKGEUP YEOWANG comes back up in trip following 4th place at 1000M. She could well be on pace early here and should be in the finish. (3) GEUMSUNG CHARMING drops back in trip after some solid showings at 1400M and is another with placing claims.
|Selections||(11) Touch My Adele (10) Yeongung Daema (8) Real Concord (7) Teukgeup Yeowang|
|Next Best||3, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 33 Million
Having won two trials, (1) YUKWAEHAN NALDEUL was a gate to wire winner by four-lengths on debut over 1000M on July 3rd. He comes up in both class and trip today but neither looks to be much of an issue and from a very nice draw, he is one of the banker favourites of the day. (8) GOLDEN CHANCE has been no worse than 5th in five outings to date although she is yet to win. She does her best work when leading and while that won’t be easy what with the favourite being much better drawn, she can go close. (7) BLACK SILVER beat Golden Chance when 2nd at class and distance on June 27th. A brand new apprentice jockey sees her come done significantly in the weights for this time and another placing is a possibility. (10) GREEN POKJU is another who likes to lead so while the draw may not be ideal for him here, if he can find a decent position, he can’t be ruled out. (3) SET THE PACE the best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Yukwaehan Naldeul (8) Golden Chance (7) Black Silver (10) Green Pokju|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 33 Million
Could this finally be time for (12) ROYAL GHOST to make the breakthrough. She has no fewer than nine top three finishes from sixteen outings to date yet a maiden win continues to elude her. She beat a couple of these when overcoming gate thirteen to run 3rd at class and distance on June 27th, sweeping home from off the pace and a similar run today may just see her do it. She is giving weight away to the favourite though. That’s (11) LEAD VOCAL, whose win came at class 6 level over 1400M when making all. She enters off a solid 3rd place at this distance last start and while she comes up in class, she will have plenty of backers. (3) GAJA PLAN’s latest two appearances have been underwhelming but she draws nicely to get on pace here and can improve. (1) AROMA comes in off a solid class and distance 3rd place on June 20th and can aim to match here. (9) ILHYANG DALMA comes up in class despite remaining winless and is another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(12) Royal Ghost (11) Lead Vocal (3) Gaja Plan (1) Aroma|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
(1) THE QUEEN JUSTICE came from well back to run 2nd to the promising Morning Hill at her latest start on July 4th over 1200M. Her solitary win to date came this distance back in April and from the inside gate she can drop in behind the leaders and prove too strong in the closing stages. The main danger has the adjacent gate. (2) GOLD K was a class 6 winner at 1200M two starts back before leading for much of the way at this class and distance on July 10th and ultimately finishing 3rd. He draws a much better gate today and can be a danger. (8) SMART DAEBO comes up in class having won over 1200M on June 13th at start number four. She is a front-runner who should get on pace early here and while this is a tougher ask, she can be competitive. (11) PARK WIN has plenty of experience at this level and along with (4) DASI DUSON has solid claims on a place.
|Selections||(1) The Queen Justice (2) Gold K (8) Smart Daebo (11) Park Win|
|Next Best||4, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 8|
Seoul Race 9: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 33 Million
(7) CHEONGSAN GASE is worth some though here based on his last start 2nd at this class and distance when settling midfield and running on. He draws much better today and with an easier run, he should be in the finish. (2) EODIGANA is a filly who has run well when leading or on pace and gets her chance here from a good draw. She was 5th having led at her last start and may strip fitter this time. (6) HWANGGEUM POWER could be interesting at potentially good odds. Her recent form at this class has been competitive and last time out ran 4th over 1200M, coming from well back. She gives every indication that 1400M will suit so expect her to be running on late. (9) CONDOR YEOWANG was a last start winner in class 6 over 1300M. She ran a fair time and get on pace from a similarly wide draw. She could well measure up in this company. (1) HEUKRYONG GAMU another with placing hopes.
|Selections||(7) Cheongsan Gase (2) Eodigana (6) Hwanggeum Power (9) Condor Yeowang|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
(10) SINUI ADEUL has won his latest three in solid times at 1200M and 1300M. He steps up in class and slightly in trip today but he comes down in the weights and should have little trouble overcoming the wide draw. He surely wins again. Clear second-favourite is (9) RAON BEAT, a winner of two of his last three. He has placed at 1700M as well so the distance is of no concern and while he too is up in class, he should more than measure up. (3) CHALLENGE SOCKS is a recent class 5 winner over 1400M and then ran 3rd on her first try at this class on June 6th. She likes to settle midfield and run on and she draws well today. (2) DAEHYEONG HOJAE was a class 5 winner two starts back but was scarcely involved when stepped up to 1700M for his first try at this class in June. This should suit better and he will be finishing strongly. (7) A. P. PATEK is rarely far away and can continue his recent run of form by competing for at least the minor money.
|Selections||(10) Sinui Adeul (9) Raon Beat (3) Challenge Socks (2) Daehyeong Hojae|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 8, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 11: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
(5) MUNHAK FIRE broke through for his first win on June 26th when he settled on pace and was strong in the straight over 1200M in a good time. He is up in weight here but that gets offset somewhat by a better barrier and he has solid claims. (7) MONSTER K was a narrow winner in a good time at his last start when he led from barrier one. He may require a little bit more luck to get a decent position today but certainly should enter the calculations. (3) FINAL CANGINO is very consistent of late with three runner-up finishes at this class and distance. He is deserving of a change in luck which perhaps is today’s draw. His racing pattern is to be handy, and he should be able to pick his spot. (1) MUNHAK LUCKY broke his maiden status at his latest start when a winner at this class and distance. He hasn’t demonstrated a lot of speed so far, but he does run on strongly so if there is speed in the run, he could make a place. (2) PINE ROAD the best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Munhak Fire (7) Monster K (3) Final Cangino (1) Munhak Lucky|
|Next Best||2, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 12: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
(3) HEUNG DREAM is a winner of two if his latest four race starts with both wins coming at 1200M and on both wet and dry tracks. He likes to lead or be handy to the leaders and he led until the closing stages when 2nd over 1400M last time out. He is up in weight slightly but back in trip and drawn well and comes in looking hard to beat. (6) MONEY CHAMP is in good form and recent race times make him competitive here. He goes best when on pace and is drawn to be able to get there. (7) MORNING HILL has a terrific record of three wins from four starts with his only defeat coming on his sole try at 1400M when he led but weakened. At his latest start he put in a great time to win over 1200M, but it was on a very wet track so it’s not necessarily easy to gauge with him coming into this class for the first time. If forward in the run though he could be hard to hold out. We’ll take a chance on (11) CHOTOMA at what should be an each-way price. A winner of two from five in good times, he resumes from a spell which may well have done him good. He won a trial untouched by five-lengths a couple of weeks ago. (9) LADY KELLY another place hope.
|Selections||(3) Heung Dream (6) Money Champ (7) Morning Hill (11) Chotoma|
|Next Best||9, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 13: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
In a race of little form, (8) MIGHTY GEE is a shining light. While slow away on debut at 1200M, at his second start on July 3rd, he raced on the pace and kicked clear to win very nicely indeed in a fast time. He will start the prohibitive favourite. (10) SINUI YEOLMAE remains a maiden but ran a fair 4th at class and distance last time when settling midfield and running on wide in the straight. With little to fear except the favourite, he looks a solid place chance. (3) AMIGO RARO doesn’t have much to recommend on form, but he has been running nice times and benefits from a good draw today. He should be a long price. (6) ENDURANCE has shown some form over this distance and further and given today’s field, he could be competitive. Two starts back, he was a good 4th over 1700M under a patient ride and similar could put him in the picture here. (1) QUANTUM JUMP the best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Mighty Gee (10) Sinui Yeolmae (3) Amigo Raro (6) Endurance|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 14: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(8) JANGSAN GOLD is up in class here but is significantly down in weight with a good apprentice climbing aboard. She comes in with solid 1200M form winning two of her last three 1200M starts in good times. Last time out she was a nice 3rd over 1400M and while she goes best when leading or settling handy, which means some work may be required early on given the draw, she has solid claims. The probably betting favourite is (4) CUPID MISSION. He doesn’t win out of turn but is ultra-consistent with ten top-three finishes from fourteen attempts. He is back in distance today but nicely drawn which should suit his up-front running style. (6) DAE BYEONHWA takes a somewhat surprising drop in trip with most of his recent work being around two turns, notably his last start 2nd over 1800M. That said, there isn’t much depth to this race so he can run on strong and potentially into a place. (9) BLUE FIRE is a non-winner but has no fewer than twelve top-three finishes. He’s not been too far away in his latest three race starts at this distance when he has settled mid to back in the field and ran on. He will need some luck in running but he’s by no means the worst here. (3) FREEMAX another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(8) Jangsan Gold (4) Cupid Mission (6) Dae Byeonhwa (9) Blue Fire|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 15: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
It took (5) THE GUMPU a couple of goes to adjust to the tempo of class 1 racing, but he got his reward with an all the way win over 2000M on June 13th. He drops back slightly in trip today but has won at the distance at class 2 level. He can go back-to-back from a nice barrier. (1) TOP BRAIN rarely runs a bad race and has beaten plenty of these in recent starts. He is tactically versatile and while a win may be asking a bit much, he looks sure to go well once more from a much better gate than his latest two. (8) SUPER SOCKS is back in form after a solid last start win at this class and distance when he settled midfield and ran on. He is up in weight as a result, but he can go close. (2) WINNER GOLD is taken on trust here due to it being sixteen weeks since his last run when 3rd to Top Brain’s 2nd. He is top-rated here and even with an apprentice taking a couple of kilos off, the weight is a real concern but at anything like his best, he can be in the finish. (10) GANGTOMA may also need some luck with a lot of weight on his back but will have some race fitness and has plenty of quality about him.
|Selections||(5) The Gumpu (1) Top Brain (8) Super Socks (2) Winner Gold|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9, 10|