The weekend’s racing gets underway at Busan on Friday with 11 races from 11.30 to 18.00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(1) TOUCH STAR MAN has a 4th and a 2nd from two starts so fire and while he was the beaten favourite last time but should make no mistake today. Seo Seung-un rides on what is his first mount back after a three-month suspension and it should be a winning one. There are a couple of dangers though. (4) VERRA DAY was a solid 2nd on debut at this distance on October 6th. He was beaten ten-lengths by a very good winner but showed enough to suggest a win of his own will come soon. (7) FASHION KEY also ran well for 4th on her debut and can improve here. (5) BEST HAPPY and (12) SPEED KINGDOM are others who can go well in what is a competitive race.
|Selections||(1) Touch Star Man (4) Verra Day (7) Fashion Key (5) Best Happy|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Small field and it’s hard to look past (5) YEONGSEONG BRAVO. An improved 2nd in decent company on his latest start on October 11th, he should have too much for this lot. (8) BEAUTIFUL KOREA and (3) SEUNGRIUI BULGIL came home 4th and 5th respectively in that same race and while they have a few lengths to make up, they look to be the most credible dangers here. (6) MAX POWER comes in having run a career best 3rd last start and can aim to match it here.
|Selections||(5) Yeongseong Bravo (3) Seungriui Bulgil (6) Max Power (8) Beautiful Korea|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Tricky race. (8) TWO TWO DAY has run twice over 1000M and twice over a mile and has been steadily showing improvement. They split the difference with the distance today and he is likely to be ridden at the front and can win. Joining him on the early pace should be main danger (1) ECHO WHITE. She’s run 5th in both outings to date and will be expected to improve today. (9) PERFECT ANGEL ran well for 3rd on her latest start just two weeks ago and returns quickly with solid claims to at least match that today. (5) TIZ LINE and (6) YEOKJEONUI TAEYANG best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Two Two Day (1) Echo White (9) Perfect Angel (5) Tiz Line|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Another competitive race. (9) DAEMANGUI GIL ran 3rd in the Gold Circle Trophy at the end of September and while he disappointed when favourite on his return over 1000M three weeks ago, looks worthy of another chance here. He’ll likely be on pace from the start and can go all the way. (3) SEOBU GENTLEMAN comes in having run 2nd and 3rd in his latest two and should be close by again. (6) KING DOMBO too was an improved 2nd on his latest over a mile and looks in with a shout of the places again. (5) GOLDEN MANE PARIS and (7) JILJU YEOHAENG are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(9) Daemangui Gil (3) Seobu Gentleman (6) King Dombo (5) Golden Mane Paris|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
It took (1) ROYAL SOLDIER a couple of goes to figure things out but he has shot rapidly up in class having won his latest two in fine fashion. Both were at this distance and both were in fast times and a similar performance here should see him home on top again. (3) RAPTOR CORE ran 3rd in a fast time last start and while she was well beaten by a good winner, should go close here. At the other end of the experience scale, (4) RACHEL comes in following some consistent recent performances and should go close again. (5) EURO SHINHWA and (6) YEONGGWANGUICHEON are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Royal Soldier (3) Raptor Core (4) Rachel (5) Euro Shinhwa|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) BANJIUI YOJEONG wan four times between March and June, winning two of them and returns here for the first time in five months. She absolutely blitzed a trial in the middle of October and if she brings that form to the races, she’ll be very hard to beat. (7) HAPPY YEOGEOL is up in class having won well over this distance four weeks ago, taking her record to two wins from three and she is the main danger here, most likely joining the favourite on the early pace. (6) SO MUCH GO led for much of his debut appearance a month ago, weakening a little late on and should have come on for that run. (1) B.K. SOUND and (4) JEONSAUI JILJU are both better than their respective latest outings suggest.
|Selections||(3) Banjiui Yojeong (7) Happy Yeogeol (6) So Much Go (4) Jeonsaui Jilju|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 7|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) ONE CHANCE has been consistent across eight starts so far and comes in following a strong 2nd place at this distance last time. She can settle just behind the early pace here and could well come out on top. (8) TRIPLE SILVER and (9) TOHAM STAR are both up in class having come home 1st and 2nd when they raced each other at this distance on October 11th. There was just a neck between them that day and both should be competitive at this level. The experienced (3) YEONGGWANGUIFACTOR had a poor day at the office over a mile last time but can be better dropped in trip today. (11) JOEUN HAE looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) One Chance (9) Toham Star (8) Triple Silver (3) Yeonggwanguifactor|
|Next Best||11, 1|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9, 11|
Race 8: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) KAHEKILI raced three times between April and June, winning one and running 2nd and 3rd in the other two. She hasn’t raced since but looked well when a close at hand 2nd in an October trial and she’ll be the one to beat here. (6) DAEJI JARANG remains a maiden but is up in class having run a good 2nd at this distance lats start and should be competitive at this level. (2) HAPPY AGAIN struggled last start over 1300M but should be better dropped in trip today. (3) LEMON EYE and (7) CHEONGPUNG NANHYANG are others who can find the places.
|Selections||(1) Kahekili (6) Daeji Jarang (2) Happy Again (3) Lemon Eye|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 8|
Race 9: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) GRAND JILJU and (1) LEGACY were 1st and 2nd when they raced each other on a wet track at class and distance on October 18th. The pair of them look set to be the leading contenders here with Legacy slightly favoured to come out on top this time. (10) CENTUM BEONGAE recorded his maiden win at the third time of asking last month and is accordingly up in class today but with solid claims to be competitive at this level. He’ll be on pace from the start. (4) HIDDEN BOY and (9) MAJOR PUNCH are others who can go close.
|Selections||(1) Legacy (8) Grand Jilju (10) Centum Beongae (4) Hidden Boy|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 10|
Race 10: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(8) REVERSE SWEEP returned from almost eight months off to run a good 2nd at class and distance on October 11th. He should have come on for that run and will be the one they need to beat today. (1) ECHO SUN is rapidly up in class having won his latest two in fine style, most recently at this distance, and he’ll be competitive today. (2) SANGSEUNG POWER has run 4th and 5th in two starts at this class following a good win back in August and he too looks nicely in here. (7) AMAZON YEOGEOL hasn’t quite lived up to her early promise but could improve today while (9) WONDERFUL COUNTRY is another who will be expected to go close.
|Selections||(8) Reverse Sweep (2) Sangseung Power (9) Wonderful Country (1) Echo Sun|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) SEONGSAN SIMON come sin off back to back runner-up finishes, both at 1400M and both times in similar strength company to today. He led last time before getting headed late on and back down in trip today can go one better. (1) FASHION OF MARINE was beaten by Seongsan Simon two starts back but ran a good 2nd behind the talented Seobu Cat a month ago and should be in the hunt here. (3) DAEJI CHAMP is another who has a recent reverse to Seongsan Simon but can get closer today. (6) CHEONNYEONUI BADA returns for the first time since March and looked good in trials.
|Selections||(8) Seongsan Simon (1) Fashion Of Marine (6) Cheonnyeonui Bada (3) Daeji Champ|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4|