There are 11 Friday races at Busan from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) RAINBOW PARK ran a decent 4th on debut on March 1st. That day’s 3rd place-getter went on to win last week and he’ll be in the frame here. There are three debt-makers and to of them look to have strong claims. (6) CHOEGANG WINNER performed credibly in a trial a month ago and has a top trainer/jockey combination but the best looking is (9) CHEONNYEONUIYAKSO, 2nd in a fast trial three weeks ago and if he reproduces that form here, he’ll probably win. (1) BARAMGWA GUREUM and (8) KKEUTPAN STORM are best of the rest.
|Selections||(9) Cheonnyeonuiyakso (6) Choegang Winner (11) Rainbow Park (8) Kkeutpan Storm|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 8, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(2) GUKMIN STAR is the most experienced in this field and also looks to be the furthest along in terms of development. He was 4th at this distance last time out but was less than a length behind the winner in a tight finish and he can come out on top today. (12) TITLE CODE ran twice last autumn and showed some promise. He’s back after almost four months off having trialled up well at the beginning of March and he’ll be in the frame. (6) BEYOND rana creditable 5th n debut in February and can build on it here. There are two debut-makers, and both look like they have promise. (9) RAON TOWN trialled up behind Title Code while (8) MUJEOK NICE looked similarly competent in her heat and has little to fear first-up.
|Selections||(2) Gukmin Star (12) Title Code (8) Mujeok Nice (9) Raon Town|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(3) ROSE BULLET came from well off the pace to run a much-improved 3rd over 1000M three weeks ago. Once out of the kickback, he raced very nicely so with a better start today, he could well be the one to beat. (1) MORNING WANGJA has a 3rd and a 4th in two outings since returning from ten months out and can keep his momentum going here. He should join Rose Bullet on the early pace. (7) HAPPY GATE has shown some aptitude across six starts so far, including a 3rd place at this distance and and shouldn’t be too far away. Solitary debut-maker, (5) RISING CHIEF has shown some speed across two trials and has every chance of going well first-up while the wildcard is (9) PERFECT ACE, who returns after eight months out. He offered few clues in a February trial but had talent last year and could be interesting.
|Selections||(3) Rose Bullet (7) Happy Gate (5) Rising Chief (1) Morning Wangja|
|Next Best||9, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 8|
Race 4: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(9) ROYAL TICKET has shown steady improvement over three outings to date, culminating in 2nd place when stepped up to this trip five weeks ago. He’ll probably go to the lead early here and has every chance of going one better. (12) GIDAEHAE was three-lengths back in 3rd place in that race and she can be a danger again, but the principal threat is likely to be (4) POWERFUL PUT. He too comes in off the back of 2nd place at the distance three weeks ago, his best finish in twelve outings to date, and he looks finally ready to win. (11) WANBONG, previously beaten by Royal Ticket and Gidaehae, was an improved 3rd in that race and can build on that here while (7) CHOEGANG SEONBONG ran poorly last time out but can be given another chance here.
|Selections||(4) Powerful Pit (9) Royal Ticket (12) Gidaehae (7) Choegang Seonbong|
|Next Best||11, 1|
|Fast Start||6, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) BRIAN PARK is up in class following a four-length win at this distance on March 3rd. The manner of that score suggests there could be more to come, and he looks worth taking a chance on again today. The ultra-experienced (8) VEGA KHAN ran a very close 3rd at 1800M a month ago, having led in the straight and he is to be taken seriously here as is Brian Park’s stablemate (2) DALGU, who beat three of these on his way to 4th place at class and distance just two weeks ago and similarly warrants respect. Two of those he beat that day, (4) CURLIN FANTASY and (10) I’M YOUR HOPE can be given additional chances to improve here.
|Selections||(5) Brian Park (2) Dalgu (8) Vega Khan (4) Curlin Fantasy|
|Next Best||10, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6|
Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
This is a very competitive race with any number of possible winners. The most intriguing entry is (7) BLACK SHIELD, who races for the first time in nine months. He bowed out with a win at this distance last June and was very fast when winning a trial two weeks ago. This is eminently winnable first-up. (11) NORMAL CLASSIC is up in class having won well over 1300M last start. He made all that day but will have to overcome a wide draw if he is repeat this time around. (8) EURO GONGJU and (9) RACING GALLOPER are both capable of going well in this company while (4) OFFICE TAP should also be more than holding his own.
|Selections||(7) Black Shield (8) Euro Gongju (11) Normal Classic (9) Racing Galloper|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||7, 9, 11|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) MAN OF THE MATCH ran a useful 3rd on his first try at this class and distance having got his maiden win over 1000M at the end of last year. He’s had six weeks off since then and is nicely drawn to get on speed early and potentially lead all the way. (5) RAON CAESERS is up in class having run 2nd in both his latest two starts. He may be yet to win but should be competitive at this level and could be in line for a third straight runner-up finish. (2) MAJOR SUN and (1) CHEONSANG OREUM come in having finished 2nd and 4th respectively when they raced each other over this distance three weeks ago. This is stiffer but both can be competitive. (9) FOREVER NINE drops back in trip having run well but weakened over a mile last time and should be right in the thick of things here while (6) MALIBU RULER, still a maiden after thirty attempts, is capable of competing for a place in this company.
|Selections||(4) Man Of The Match (5) Raon Caesers (9) Forever Nine (1) Cheonsang Oreum|
|Next Best||6, 1, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Strong race with plenty of up and comers involved. (12) TONGIL HANGUK comes in having run a close 2nd in a race on a wet surface where a new track record for this distance was set on March 10th. He also got within three-lengths of (an admittedly less than flat-out) New Legend last November. The draw isn’t ideal but if he can overcome it, he can win. A very promising filly, (6) NAKITA has won two of three so far and steps up in class as well as trip for her first race since January. She looked in decent shape in a trial just last week and surely goes close here. (11) YEONGGWANGUIFORCE is up in class too having won his latest two in fine style while it’s a similar story with (5) THUNDER RAIN, who tackles the distance for the first time but is nicely drawn to get to the speed. (3) SEONGSAN SIMON won at class and distance last time even though his racing manners left something to be desired. He carries an additional 5kg today but can still be respected.
|Selections||(12) Tongil Hanguk (6) Nakita (5) Thunder Rain (11) Yeonggwanguiforce|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 12|
Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) YES POWER won at class and distance last October and has come close to repeating in three starts since. He was beaten favourite last time out having drawn wide but is worth taking a chance on again here and he looks the one to beat. (12) BIG FOOT has finished no worse than 3rd in three seven outings so far. He’s up in class today and also tackles this distance for the first time but he should be maintaining his impressive record. (6) TOKYO BLUE and (7) AWESOME KING IJI come in after encouraging performances over 1200M and 1600M respectively and both should be in the placing hunt today. (3) MORNING KOREA, who steps back in trip for the first time in some considerable time, is the wildcard.
|Selections||(4) Yes Power (12) Big Foot (7) Awesome King Iji (6) Tokyo Blue|
|Next Best||3, 10, 9|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) SHORT STOP and (2) SINBIHAN BARAM were separated by just a nose when they came home 2nd and 3rd at this distance on February 22nd. For Sinbihan Baram, that brought to an end a run of three consecutive victories and he returns for the first time since then with solid chances of putting it right from a more favourable draw. Short Stop has raced once since then, running a decent 3rd three weeks go and will be firmly in the hunt too as will (4) TANGY BITE, who drops back in trip following a good 2nd over a mile just two weeks ago. (8) LUCKY KOREA and (9) CHEONNYEONUI BADA are others well equipped to go close.
|Selections||(2) Sinbihan Baram (9) Cheonnyeonui Bada (7) Short Stop (4) Tangy Bite|
|Next Best||8, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 5|
Race 11: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Six of these raced each other over class and distance on March 3rd. That day, (12) HANEOL NURI came out the best of them, finishing in 2nd place, less than a length behind the winner and despite the wide draw today, he could well go one better here. (11) MAJOR ALPHA was 3rd in that race and is one of the main dangers. He’s already a class and distance winner and seems to be coming back into form. (6) UBAKI and (7) SMART DANCER were further back in the field that day but both can improve today. Among the ones who didn’t go in that race, (1) CHEONNYEONUI GANG is the pick. He races for the first time since January and back at 1200M can go close.
|Selections||(12) Haneol Nuri (1) Cheonnyeonui Gang (11) Major Alpha (7) Smart Dancer|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 9, 10|