There are 12 races at Busan on Friday from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(10) TWO TWO SPINO was a considerably improved 2nd on his second career start on January 4th. He led for much of the way around and while drawn quite wide here, he has solid claims to go one better this time. (11) YEONGGWANGUI KISS was an encouraging 5th on debut in December and van build on that here while (12) LISTEN TO ME ran well for 4th last start and can continue to improve here. (9) KINGSTON HARBOR did little on debut in December but looked considerably better when trialing up again at the end of the month and will be backed here. Among the four debut-makers, (8) BEYOND trialed nicely and can go well first-up.
|Selections||(10) Two Two Spino (11) Yeonggwangui Kiss (9) Kingston Harbor (12) Listen To Me|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||5, 8, 9, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden fillies here and plenty in the hunt. (10) BEAUTIFUL MARINE has raced twice before, finishing 3rd on both occasions. She’s shown some decent speed and has as much chance as any here. (1) TWO TWO WAY was an improved 2nd three weeks ago and is well drawn to get to the lead from the inside. (9) JUNGKKOT was a good 3rd on debut earlier this month and looks to have ability too. (8) WONDERFUL IJI ran a couple of times last summer without impressing but following a few months off come back in here having looked significantly more competent in a trial. (12) MABEOP CHEOREOM similarly has had almost three months off since debut and is another who can go well.
|Selections||(10) Beautiful Marine (1) Two Two Way (9) Jungkkot (12) Mabeop Cheoreom|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(10) MISS FACT has a 4th and two 3rd place finishes from three outings so far and she’s the marginal top pick in what is a competitive maiden. (4) SECRET LEGACY has improved across three starts and is likely to be on pace early from a good draw. She can go close. (5) CHEONJI KINGS has also shown ability and won’t be far away – he beat three of these on his way to 3rd place last start and can at least match today. (8) VERYVERYTHANK YOU and (12) WILD CASH are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(10) Miss Fact (4) Secret Legacy (5) Cheonji Kings (8) Veryverythank You|
|Next Best||12, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 12|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(9) YEONGGWANGUIFORCE is the one to beat here. He raced once without distinction last summer but returned after five months off at the start of this month and ran a good 2nd over 1000M. He steps up in trip for the first time and won’t need to improve too much to win. (7) YEONGBONGSAN was a much improved 3rd last start and can continue his progression today. (He beat (10) GASOK BULKKOT, who also should be looking to go closer this time. (11) FUSION PARK and (12) FINAL FRONT, the latter a distance 2nd in an odd affair last time out, are others to consider.
|Selections||(9) Yeonggwanguiforce (7) Yeongbongsan (10) Gasok Bulkkot (11) Fusion Park|
|Next Best||12, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 8, 9|
Race 5: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(10) MARU JJANG stepped up to this trip four weeks ago and raced competently enough. He can be ridden patiently here and can make his breakthrough. The main danger is (3) ULSAN JANGGUN. He tried this distance last October and didn’t go well but has seemed to come on since and ran a good 2nd last start at 1000M and looks ready for another crack. (1) CRYSTAL ROSE enters following back to back 3rd place finishes and should be in the hunt here while (4) CHOEGANG SEONBONG and (8) SEORABEOL BULKKOT are others who can be considered.
|Selections||(10) Maru Jjang (3) Ulsan Janggun (1) Crystal Rose (4) Choegang Seonbong|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3|
Race 6: Class 5 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
It’s time (2) GWONTOJUNGLAE returned to the winner’s circle. He ran a huge race in 6th in the Breeders’ Cup in December but was a touch disappointing on reappearance at the end of last month. Likely to be ridden a little closer this time, he should have too much. (4) IGGYDA though is still a slightly unknown quantity. He was a five-length winner on debut on January 4th and while up in class and considerably in trip, looks an intriguing prospect here. (5) MACHADO comes in with recent form reading well and should be close while (8) CHEONGDAM BLADE and (12) FIRST VICTORY are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Gwontojunglae (4) Iggyda (5) Machado (8) Cheongdam Blade|
|Next Best||12, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 9|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies only here. (1) NALGAEREUL PYEORA was a winner on debut all the way back in 2017. She missed most of last year but showed good form on her return and was a useful 3rd over this trip last time out. She should be on speed here and can go all the way. (8) JEONSAUI JILJU gave jockey Francois Herholdt his first Korean winner in November and ran a solid 3rd on her first try at this level earlier this month. She’ll also be looking to get on pace early and should be a factor. (3) CHEONSANG OREUM is up in class having claimed her maiden win last time and she should be competitive. (7) DAY STAR and (11) ATOMIJI are others who can go close.
|Selections||(1) Nalgaereul Pyeora (8) Jeonsaui Jilju (3) Cheonsang Oreum (7) Day Star|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 8|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Five of these raced each other over 1000M on December 30th. (5) JINJJA GANGJA came out on top among them that day, coming home 2nd, a big improvement on his previous three attempts. (9) OCALA TEUKGEUP was 3rd though and given the additional distance this time, he is favoured to overturn the form here. (8) MALIBU BYEOL was 4th in that race in what was an encouraging debut and he can make progress here. (2) RETURN OF SUBSIDY and (6) ALPHAKING IJI both did nothing wrong on their respective debuts and they too could improve today.
|Selections||(9) Ocala Teukgeup (5) Jinjja Ganga (8) Malibu Byeol (2) Return Of Subsidy|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9|
Race 9: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Small field and after running 3rd on debut, (8) DOCTOR THUNDER has gone on to win three times in a row. The latest was at this class over 1300M and he steps up to a mile for the first time with solid claims to continue his winning streak. (5) DAEJI CHAMP was 2nd to Doctor Thunder last time and should be chasing him close here. (3) GOOD DANCER actually beat Doctor Thunder on what was both their debuts in October. He’s won twice since and steps up in class in good order. (1) HWARANGUI HUYE is another up in class following a good win last time, as is (2) RAON POWER, a slightly unexpected winner at the distance last time, and who can be respected here.
|Selections||(8) Doctor Thunder (3) Good Dancer (5) Daeji Champ (2) Raon Power|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3|
Race 10: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Very competitive handicap. (3) PRECEDE is up in class having won two of his four starts so far, the latest a front running score at this distance on January 4th. He looks nicely in here and could repeat. (6) VIVA WORK remains a maiden but has been close in two attempts so far and took well to this trip last time. (7) TAEYANGUI TTEUNDA has raced in tough company in all three outings to date and should be looking for a best finish to date here. (10) TROPHY COLLECTOR ran a solid 4th on his first try at class and distance last start and can go even closer today. (12) STORM GOLD is another in the hunt.
|Selections||(3) Precede (6) Viva Work (10) Trophy Collector (12) Storm Gold|
|Next Best||7, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 10, 12|
Race 11: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(6) NEW YORK MANGCHI was a touch disappointing when 6th of 12 last time at 1400M. He goes back up in trip today and while he is giving plenty of weight away to all his rivals, he can return to winning ways. (3) ROYAL HEART ran a solid 2nd over a mile four weeks ago and is up in class today as a result. This should suit and he can go close. (2) PARK MAN and (7) HEUMUT came home 5th and 6th in a tough race over 2000M three weeks ago and both should be looking to go better in this company. (8) ACEUI SEONMUL is a solid competitor at this level and it would be a surprise were he to be too far away today.
|Selections||(6) New York Mangchi (8) Aceui Seonmul (3) Royal Heart (7) Heumut|
|Fast Start||1, 4|
Race 12: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Another very competitive handicap to conclude. (9) COOL MINT has won his latest two in fine fashion to move rapidly up in class. He looks very nicely in here and it’s not impossible that he could win again. (1) FASHION OF MARINE is up in class too. He’s never finished any worse than 3rd and should keep that run going today. (4) SMART DANCER beat a couple of these on his way to 4th place over 1200M at this class last time and he too should be a threat. (5) THUNDER DOME and (7) SUPER STEAL are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(9) Cool Mint (1) Fashion Of Marine (4) Smart Dancer (5) Thunder Dome|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5|