There is a bumper 13-race program at Seoul on Saturday which runs from 10:45 to 18:00. It’s set to be a beautiful autumn day – here are the previews:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Pretty moderate maiden to begin with. (11) USEUNG MACHA comes in having shown the best recent form with a 3rd place last time out although that was arguably in even weaker company than this. She looks to be improving though and has as much chance as any. (9) SEOKGWA BULSIK raced very greenly on what was just his second start in September. He still finished off nicely enough and looked good when sent back to trial a couple of weeks ago. Look for plenty of improvement today. (8) LUCKY MURYA overcame a stumble at the start on her latest outing but finished off nicely and she’s another who can get closer here. (3) UDDUGI and (7) ROAD WOMAN other possibles to get better.
|Selections||(9) Seokgwa Bulsik (11) Useung Macha (8) Lucky Murya (7) Road Woman|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 10, 11, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens only with five of the twelve racing for the very first time. A couple of the experienced ones have shown some ability though and we’ll side with them. (8) CHOEGANG STAR has a 5th and a 3rd from two efforts to date and while the Midshipman colt was the beaten favourite on his latest, he’s certainly worth another chance here. He should be on pace straight away and can lead all the way. (12) STORM FORCE showed positively on debut at the beginning of September running 4th at this distance. She’ll have to overcome the widest gate but looks the biggest danger. (3) CHAMP K had a hard time running in a straight line on his first start but will hopefully have come on for the run and can improve. Among the first-timers, (10) NEW PARADIGM and (11) THANK YOU MOTHER were the best looking in trials with (1) GEUMA UPTOWN GIRL also doing nothing wrong and capable of going well first up.
|Selections||(8) Choegang Star (12) Storm Force (10) New Paradigm (11) Thank You Mother|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 11, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens although this time seven of the twelve making their racecourse debuts. Once more we’ll side with experience though and both (10) BAKCHAOREUM and (11) GYORYONG UNU come in with 2nd places to their name. That doesn’t tell the whole story with Gyoryong Unu. Having looked very good in a trial, he was sent off hot favourite on debut in August but having looked in command at the top of the stretch, he lost all momentum and ended up 2nd. Then in the Munhwa Ilbo Cup at the end of September, he was on the receiving end of some bumping at the start and unseated his rider. Surely, his luck changes today. If it doesn’t, then Bakchaoreum could take advantage. Her 2nd place was a little more straightforward and showed plenty of promise. (7) NAREUDUSI was 4th in the same race and can improve too. Among the debut-makers, (4) CHODONG BOBAE and (9) MEDICI POWER look to have the best chance of making an immediate impact.
|Selections||(11) Gyoryong Unu (10) Bakchaoreum (7) Nareudusi (4) Chodong Bobae|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 7, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(2) HANEUL ACE beat three of these on her way to 2nd place in a similar all-filly race at this distance on September 9th. That came off the back of a 3rd place the time before and she can come home on top today. (6) SUN QUEEN was slowly away last time but ran on well, something she has done twice now. She steps up in trip for the first time and the extra distance could well suit. Nine months separated (3) TONGHAP SIDAE’s first and second starts but she ran well in both of them and can be a danger here. (4) CHEONNYEON HAPPY had some bad luck in running last start a month ago but still came home a not too far away 5th, beating a couple of these. (5) GYEONGGUKJIMA ran a very good 3rd on debut back in June but struggled on reappearance a month later. She comes in fresh after thirteen weeks off and is worth another chance here.
|Selections||(2) Haneul Ace (6) Sun Queen (3) Tonghap Sidae (5) Gyeonggukjima|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) BEST MAID was just beaten half a length into 2nd place over class and distance on September 15th, beating a couple of these along the way. It continued a run of near-misses for her and she is very much he one to beat today. (8) STRONG LIGHT was one of those behind Best Maid that day and it was actually reversal of form as Strong Light has twice recently finished ahead of her. She can get close again although stronger challenges may come from (2) DAESEONG RUBY and (4) BIG AURORA. The latter drops back in trip for the first time since January and while he remains a maiden, he led in his last two outings and surely goes close here. (5) SURFING POINT is up in class having got her maiden win at the seventh time of asking last start and while she probably has a bit to find, she’s well drawn to get on the lead and could go well again.
|Selections||(1) Best Maid (2) Daeseong Ruby (4) Big Aurora (5) Surfing Point|
|Next Best||8, 9. 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 8|
Race 6: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Another set of juvenile maidens. (9) BEST LINE ran 2nd on debut on September 8th and while he was soundly beaten by a good winner, showed enough to suggest he has a bit of talent. He started very slowly and only really started to race in the last couple of furlongs. The wider draw may help him today and he’s clear favourite. (11) GLOBAL CHEONHA also races for just the second time. He ran a competent enough 5th on debut last month and can build on it here. Of the others with experience, (6) RED BLADE’s only prior start came in the Munhwa Ilbo Cup when he was bumped heavily at the start by the horse inside of him. He ran on well enough after that and can go well here. Of the seven debut-makers (5) SLING STONE and (7) CHEON GOE SEONG looked the best in trials.
|Selections||(9) Best Line (11) Global Cheonha (5) Sling Stone (6) Red Blade|
|Next Best||7, 12|
|Fast Start||6, 11, 12|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) CHANGSEONG LUCKY was an eye-catching eight-length winner over this distance on September 8th, making all the running. That was just his third career start and followed on from a 4th and a 2nd. He’s up in class here but has every chance of winning again in what is a very competitive looking affair. (9) AMARONE comes in having run 2nd in both his latest two, both at this class and most recently at this distance. She can go one better here. (3) J BAEK and (5) YEOWOORI both enter with recent form reading well – the latter is likely to be on the early pace while still a maiden, can at least match the 3rd she managed last time out. (6) STAR LIST was beaten by J Baek last time out but had some bad luck at the start and may improve here.
|Selections||(2) Changseong Lucky (9) Amarone (5) Yeowoori (3) J Baek|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) YAHO STRONG CAT enters following a win and 2nd place, both at this class and both of them over 1200M. He drops back to the minimum distance today – a distance at which he got his maiden win a year ago – and he is the one to beat. (5) WAIT AND SEE registered back to back victories at this distance in June and July to get promoted to this level and ran a decent 3rd on his first try at it last month. He’ll be away to a fast start here and has a chance. (7) SERA KHAN is up in class after a comfortable four-length win on September 1st and should be competitive at this level. (8) HURACAN went a bit cold during the summer but showed signs of life when 5th over 1200M in September. His best results have come at this distance and he’ll be in the frame here. (4) MONE FLYING was an also-ran in both the Korea Oaks and Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup. She steps back greatly in trip here and is a bit of a wildcard.
|Selections||(3) Yaho Strong Cat (5) Wait And See (7) Sera Khan (8) Huracan|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 10, 11|
Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) GUREUM WANGJA moves rapidly up in class having won two of three starts to date, both by comfortable margins, the latest at this distance. If he gets off to a good start and gets the lead, then it’s not impossible that he could complete his hat-trick here, but it won’t be easy. Likely favourite is (4) TIAGO TOUCH. He comes in having won three of seven including a similarly tough race over 1300M last time. He can settle just behind the early speed and be too strong in the closing stages. (8) HIN BYEOL ran 2nd that day, less than two-lengths behind Tiago Touch. She has been a little inconsistent across her seven starts so far but can be a danger. (1) FIRE BALL must be respected having won at this class over 1300M on September 2nd. He carries extra weight today and this is a tougher race but he can be considered. (10) WOOSEORA ICHEON is rarely very away – he is already a class and distance winner and it would be nor huge surprise were he to come out on top here.
|Selections||(4) Tiago Touch (5) Gureum Wangja (10) Wooseora Icheon (8) Hin Byeol|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9, 12|
Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) DAEGUN ILGAL ran really well for an unexpected 2nd place on debut over 1300M on September 16th. The Gio Ponti colt came from the back to get within just over a length of the winner on the line and he should be in major contention here. (1) DAEHAENG DAEBAK was similarly unfancied on his latest outing in August but similarly arrived late on the scene to finish 2nd and he’ll be a danger again today. (8) TAP MAGIC MASTER ran 4th in the race behind Daegun Ilgal last month. That was his second start and showed progress from his first and he can maintain his momentum here. (6) MALLIJIMA and (11) ACE ZAPPER came home 3rd and 5th when they raced each other at class and distance on September 15th and both will be looking to at least match that here.
|Selections||(9) Daegun Ilgal (8) Tap Magic Master (1) Daehaeng Daebak (6) Mallijima|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 12|
Race 11: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(3) K.N BLUE has won three of his last four, all of them at this distance to get promoted to this level. He can go well again but this looks a very hard ask. (8) PALPAL VICTORY began his career with three straight wins before running 3rd in a really tough race at this distance in July. He then took his chance in the JRA Trophy last month where he came 4th, seven lengths behind the excellent winner Road Winner. He has plenty of potential and has every chance here. (7) SIMPLE LIFE is the one they both need to beat. A winner of three from ten, he ran 3rd over class and distance last start in a similar strength race to this on September 1st. (2) HAETBINNA, (4) YEOKDAE CHOESANG and (6) SONOGONG came home 3rd, 4th and 5th when they raced each other at 1900M on September 15th. That was a bit of a flash in the pan for Haetbinna, who resumed normal service when only beating one home two weeks ago but both Yeokdae Choesang and Sonogong can habour hopes of a place.
|Selections||(8) Palpal Victory (7) Simple Life (3) K.N Blue (4) Yeokdae Choesang|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 8|
Race 12: Class 3 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) SPRING BACK has been quite sensational in two facile wins so far at 1000M and 1400M. He’s been off seven weeks and this is his toughest ask to date but there’s no reason why the Gemologist gelding can’t come through it. The main danger is (1) CHEONGDAM JEWANG. The Shackleford colt may have won just one of his eleven outing so far but comes in having with a pair of 2nds and a 3rd from his most recent three and is a strong finisher. (10) CRAZY FACTOR steps up in class following a five-length win over this distance on August 26th. He’ll be challenging Spring Back for the early lead and can’t be ruled out. (3) MONEY BLADE is consistently 3rd or 4th and should be at least repeating while (6) V KHAN ran a very solid 2nd last time out on August 25th. He has won at this class over 1200M and is another who can come under consideration here.
|Selections||(5) Spring Back (1) Cheongdam Jewang (10) Crazy Factor (6) V Khan|
|Next Best||3, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 10|
Race 13: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(3) LEONNING STROM had some bad luck in running last time when 3rd over 1400M. Today, he drops back to what is probably his best distance and can return to the winner’s circle. (8) GAMGYEOGUI SUNGAN and (6) FLYING CHAMP came home 2nd and 3rd when they raced each other over class and distance on September 2nd. Both will be in the frame again with Flying Champ favoured to overturn that form. (4) GIO STAR returns after a lengthy absence and trialled up well earlier this month. He has lots of talent and last time he returned from time off, he won first up. (2) NEW PARTNER drops back in trip today following a couple of efforts – including a win – over 1800M and could be an interesting outsider.
|Selections||(3) Leonning Strom (4) Gio Star (6) Flying Champ (8) Gamgyeogui Sungan|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 7,10|