There are 12 Saturday races at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00:
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(11) BROWN BOMBER ran a solid race in 2nd place at this distance on what was just his second outing on September 16th. He ran on nicely, finishing strongly and while he may probably want a little bit further in the long term, this race looks eminently winnable for him. Not much else catches the eye, to be honest. (2) MORAN DONGBEAK has shown improvement across her three starts so far and looks to be second best but all of the others are going to need to show something they haven’t looked like doing so far. Something has to fill the places though with (3) BIG AURORA, (5) JI SEONI and (10) CULLINAN perhaps most likely.
|Selections||(11) Brown Bomber (2) Moran Dongbeak (5) Ji Seoni (3) Big Aurora|
|Next Best||10, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(4) FIRST RUNNER enters having been 3rd on each of his latest two, although both were at 1700M and he gets dropped back in trip today. He should still get close but there are a couple of others who also look to have claims on a maiden win here. (6) CAPTAIN POWER was much improved on his third outing a month ago, beating (1) SHARP KAYLAN, who also showed progress that day with both in the prize money hunt here. (3) CLEAN UP SECRET has come home in 5th place on both of his outings so far but he was beaten by decent ones last time at this distance and can get closer here. (11) FIRST QUEEN is another who has come close in the past and who can’t be ruled out today.
|Selections||(6) Captain Power (3) Clean Up Secret (4) First Runner (1) Sharp Kaylan|
|Next Best||11, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 10, 11|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Only three of the twelve have raced before but all of those three did quite well and are likely to be well backed here. (2) SIMPLE RULES led for much of her debut and while she ended a well-beaten 3rd, it was a strong showing for a debut she has solid claims today. (11) PRIMO was 4th in a similarly competitive race on September 9th while (12) SEUNGJAUI MISO finished in the same position over 1200M a week later. Both should join Simple Rules on the early speed and can go well again. Among the first-time starters (10) DORAON ACHIM HAE actually trialled up with both Simple Rules and (11) PRIMO back in July and should be able to hold his own while (5) DUSON WANGJA and (8) RUBY FALLS are the other pair who looked encouraging in trials.
|Selections||(2) Simple Rules (11) Primo (12) Seungjaui Miso (10) Doraon Achim Hae|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 11, 12|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile race this with only three of them having run before. Two of those are set to dispute favourite status. (8) GRAY GALAXY was 3rd on debut on September 2nd over 1200M while (3) AMARONE came home in 5th, albeit a long way behind a good winner, at 1000M a week later. Both look very much in the frame here with Amarone just slightly favoured. The other experienced one, (11) BODEURAM was pretty average on debut but Kim Yong Geun stays on board and improvement is possible. Among the debut-makers, (9) GEUMSUN YOU and (7) GLORY VERN trialled up together and both looked in good shape.
|Selections||(3) Amarone (8) Grey Galaxy (9) Geumsun You (11) Bodeuram|
|Next Best||7, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 12|
Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(11) ARGO MELODY has outperformed her odds in both her two previous tries at this class, coming 2nd on both occasions, both at this distance. She’ll be much better backed today and could well get the job done. To do it, she’s going to have to overcome a wide gate to get close to the early speed where she is likely to be joined by the other two main contenders. (8) YEOKJEONUI USEUNG got his best result to date when 2nd on latest and should be close while (10) JEONGSANG BULPAE did nothing wrong on debut a month ago and looks nicely in here. (2) TOSCANOVA CAT and the more experienced (4) CROWN ME BOSS are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(11) Argo Melody (8) Yeokjeonui Useung (10) Jeongsang Bulpae (2) Toscanova Cat|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 10, 11|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Another competitive race but (8) MONTRACHET looks to have the edge. She’s been close in her latest three, all at this class and can get her second career win here. One point of concern is that she is not always a fast starter and that may give a chance to (4) DALLYEORA PACHYAI and (5) BEST DOLPUNG, the latter up in class following a maiden win last time. Both should be on the early pace. (2) EUMAK DAEJANG and (10) COMPLETE WINNER also should be capable of going close in this company.
|Selections||(8) Montrachet (5) Best Dolpung (4) Dallyeora Pachyai (10) Complete Winner|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 9, 10|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) GAMGYEOGUI SUNGAN is up in class having won two of her three outings to date. The latest was at this distance and having made all for a comfortable score, there’s no reason why should can’t do similar today. The main danger is (11) MEGA HIT, who has run well in tough company across her six outings so far. Last time out, she beat (10) EXCELLENT QUEEN, who is yet to win in eight outings but has no fewer than five 2nd places to her name and should be looking to at least place again. (1) K KING was a solid 2nd at class and distance last time and shouldn’t be ignored while (12) INCITATUS has bounced up two classes with back to back victories and can’t be ruled out.
|Selections||(3) Gamgyeogui Sungan (11) Mega Hit (10) Excellent Queen (1) K King|
|Next Best||12, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) BIG SKY comes in following a win and a 3rd place both at this distance and could well follow up here for the in-form Seo Hong Soo stable. An apprentice jockey means a nice weight allowance and he could come from off the pace to score again. (4) YEONDARA comes in following consecutive 2nd places at 1300M and is one of four who steps up to this distance for the very first time. She has a chance as does another making their bow at two turns, (7) TRUE TIMBER. (2) CHOROK JILJU and (3) YEONGAM ARIRANG, the latter a winner at this class over 1300M last start, are also in with claims.
|Selections||(8) Big Sky (4) Yeondara (7) True Timber (3) Yeongam Arirang|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 11|
Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Korean Oaks winner (9) JEJUI HANEUL has found things tough in two starts back at Seoul since winning the fillies’ Classic back in June. They have been two very tough races, however, and she finds herself back in much more amenable company today and with a solid chance to return to the winner’s circle. It won’t be straightforward though. Both (4) DAEJANGBAK and (11) NAREUMUI YEONGHON are proven at this level and can go close while (2) SPECIAL ROAD HILL comes in following three consecutive 2nd place finishes, the latest of which was at class and distance and can be involved once more. (7) SPERO is up in class following a very handy win over 1700M and he too must be taken seriously.
|Selections||(9) Jejui Haneul (2) Special Road Hill (4) Daejangbak (11) Nareumui Yeonghon|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 10|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(1) BULMYEORUI JEWANG was a six-length winner on debut at this distance on September 24th. He is up in class today but the manner of that performances suggests there is plenty to come and he can prevail again here. Also up in class following a maiden win – in his case at the second attempt – is (5) JEOKBYEOK SHINHWA and he too should have little problem in being competitive. (9) GRAY SOCKS comes in following a solid 3rd place in a tough race last month and can challenge while (7) GOLD HORAH and the returning (8) FLYING CHAMP also come into consideration. (10) ALL THAT SPEED showed signs of returning to some kind of form last start and could be the wildcard.
|Selections||(1) Bulmyeorui Jewang (5) Jeokbyeok Shinhwa (9) Gray Socks (10) All That Speed|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 9|
Race 11 Selections: 6, 10, 4, 5
Race 12 Selections: 2, 10, 7, 3
- Races 11 & 12 are not simulcasted outside of Korea today.